6 2 Light Cycle

• Thread starter Ander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ander

Whats everyones thoughts on 6 2 light cyles for veg or maybe goin 6 2 for early veg then 18 6 late veg ...

3 balls

3 balls

How did you come up with that idea? Would be interesting to see what happens. 6 1/2 / 3 1/4 might work too.

Unit541

Unit541

I heard that 37 minutes on, 16 minutes and 12 seconds off is the ideal schedule.

In all seriousness, and at the risk of sounding callous, this is like going to some race-car forum and asking what everyone's thoughts are on running a tank full of cake frosting instead of gasoline.

You could also try giving them whisky instead of water. Make sure to add a couple women's over-50 multivitamins to avoid any nutrient deficiencies.

Fangthane

Fangthane

You could also try giving them whisky instead of water. Make sure to add a couple women's over-50 multivitamins to avoid any nutrient deficiencies.
What a total load of BS. Everyone knows that more Cal-Mag is all anyone ever really needs to avoid deficiencies. But in a pinch:
Fert

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

It's not gonna do any good or bad imo. You can give up to 24h light and veg speed increases. I don't see diminishing returns and have not tested for it. Imo, and i'm not claiming this is scientifically backed 100%, is that any darktime in veg is pure preference. I've been using 24h in the past few years and there are no noticeable health or growth issues. Growth is faster in 24h vs even 20h in my only real experiment done on this. I'm constantly regenerating and planting seeds and 24h speeds up the regeneration and the seedling stages tremendously. It helps with germination also by keeping the room warmer. I'm all about that 24h.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What a total load of BS. Everyone knows that more Cal-Mag is all anyone ever really needs to avoid deficiencies. But in a pinch:
View attachment 847894
I remember watching my dad change motor oil in his vehicles in the 70s. He’d pull rite up to the storm drain in the street in front of the house pull the drain plug and let her rip rite in the storm drain. Now we have no pollywogs or salamanders and I only have 3 toes on 1 foot!!

3 balls

3 balls

I dint iv seen it somwhere
I didn't mean to tease, that's just an odd ratio and idea relative to popular opinion. @Daikokuten said it well. Majority will say anything less than 24 in veg is lost time. I personally agree, the only exception imo is if you were in a uncontrolled very warm climate, it might be worth a 4 or 6 hour lights out in the warmest part of the day.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I didn't mean to tease, that's just an odd ratio and idea relative to popular opinion. @Daikokuten said it well. Majority will say anything less than 24 in veg is lost time. I personally agree, the only exception imo is if you were in a uncontrolled very warm climate, it might be worth a 4 or 6 hour lights out in the warmest part of the day.
Always do things in priority. Different things affect plants to varying degrees, so fostering what you explained here is critical to success. And really, that's true for all of life. Temperature > additional light imo for certain.

Q

Q Egg

6/2 utilizes built up starches in the plant more effectively. Plants max out their starch banks over an 18 hour light cycle and only begin to access them in the 6 hrs of dark.

Secondly - 18+ hours of light builds up heat & overly intense light stresses our ladies out. Giving them a break a few times a day eliviates these stresses.

There are some pros to the 6/2 (9/3) cycles.

H

hawkman

have heard of the 6/2 hrs cycle - it's also relies on the biology of the plant in re-guards to what a plant needs

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

6/2 utilizes built up starches in the plant more effectively. Plants max out their starch banks over an 18 hour light cycle and only begin to access them in the 6 hrs of dark.

Secondly - 18+ hours of light builds up heat & overly intense light stresses our ladies out. Giving them a break a few times a day eliviates these stresses.

There are some pros to the 6/2 (9/3) cycles.
Really? Plants have evolved for millions of years under a 24 day but their biology doesn't work well under that? They can only consume starches during darkness? If what you are saying were true, then 24/hr light schedules during veg should kill the plants. We don't see that.

18 hrs of light builds up heat that isn't measured by a thermometer? Light stresses plants? Who would have thunk that thousands of growers that have seen their yields increasing as light increased are all wrong?

Citation, please. Your statements make no sense.

Q

Q Egg

@OldManRiver
-earth's day was shorter in the past & has never been 24 hrs of light
-" ... but their biology doesn't work well under that?" if they are alive their biology works, however we're discussing an improvement to their natural processes
-100% right, i should not have used the phrase "... and only begin to access ...", its a spectrum from bad to good & 'more effectively', 'improved', 'better' would have conveyed my point
-"18 hrs of light builds up heat that isn't measured by a thermometer?" idk what your asking. ladies have an optimal temperature window & 18 hrs of heat could push the temperature outside of this
-you know if the light is too intense it damages the plant's tissues. 18/6 vs 6/2 vs 9/3 produces the same "amount" (photon count) of light
- it isn't right vs wrong. I'd hope your open to new ideas, methods, & discussions.

@CaliRooted
Everyone should grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom