6 Out Of 12 Gavita Fixtures Won't Turn On After Transformer Blew

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

the transformer in the building went, and had to get replaced but when it went all my power went and now 6 out of 12 lights won't turn on... just to make sure it was the lights, i plugged them into all 3 of my lighting controllers and they didn't work, and then i plugged the other 6 and they did work, so its not the lighting controller. could something like this blow the fixtures??

N

notplayinn

Hell yeah it can bro I had this happen to one nanolux de 1000 that I'm rockin I had too much power going and the lights went off but it was only the lights, then I turn em back on and all but one turned on, called and they said it was a bad ballast. Now here'sthe thing, it worked before I had turned the lights up to 1200 I had them all on 1000 and I soon as I turned it up to 1200 they went out. I never told the rep what I had done because I didn't want to void anything. But as to what had happened I think one ballast burnt out because I was running too many watts. Hope I helped a little (this just happened to me bro I feel you)

P

PharmHand

Yea it fries stuff when they go..... Check your co2 monitors too they fry easy. If it's an e series , when you power up the ballasts that aren't working go stand underneath it and watch the indicator light to see if it's throwing a trouble code and look in manual to see what code means.

P

PharmHand

It should have some kind of fuse or reset button. I got the e series but couldn't tell ya if they have a fuse I don't recall seeing a spot for one

N

notplayinn

Yea it fries stuff when they go..... Check your co2 monitors too they fry easy. If it's an e series , when you power up the ballasts that aren't working go stand underneath it and watch the indicator light to see if it's throwing a trouble code and look in manual to see what code means.
Do you know if that's a void

P

PharmHand

I'd say probably void your warranty because gavita doesn't wanna give u a free ballast if it wasn't their fault

P

PharmHand

But if you got a buddy at a hydro store who knows what you could pull off haha

N

notplayinn

But I didn't tell them how it happened obviously thing worked fine before my little incident

vangs

vangs

i don't see any kind of light indicator on the light fixtures.

vangs

vangs

i wasn't using more power than i could.. that was all good, its just the building im in is like 80k sq ft (not all being used for growing) anyways theres so much power in here that theirs random transformers in here around 40kva. that feed the power into the 3phase 375amp 3phase breaker box. the other day the transformer wasn't working good, was only feeding 25volt to one of the 3 poles. the other two were 125volt which is fine. but it wasn't feeding the power fully and 5 minutes after noticing the power flicker on and off, the power went altogether. thats when the transformer blew... would that blow my lights? i have 1 room with 20 nanolux, 2 titan helios 15 (8light) and 1 4light titan controller.. that room was fine. no issue.. now the next room was 12 gavita, and it has 2 4light autopilot controllers and 1 titan 4 light controller... the 3 controllers all work but 6 of the 12 lights don't turn on now.. any ideas? could it just be the bulbs??

CrystalTrichome

CrystalTrichome

So same
Thing just happened to me.
2/10 in one room don’t work
5/15 in the second room don’t work. I lost power in a storm and they just didn’t come back on.
I changed outlets, changed bulbs, changed power cords, changed phone cords, nothing. The indicate light isn’t even doing anything at all.
Thoughts?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So same
Thing just happened to me.
2/10 in one room don’t work
5/15 in the second room don’t work. I lost power in a storm and they just didn’t come back on.
I changed outlets, changed bulbs, changed power cords, changed phone cords, nothing. The indicate light isn’t even doing anything at all.
Thoughts?
What about the ballasts? Never ran those lights but noticed you didn’t mention it above.

Top Bottom