6 plants in 2 by 8ft 6in space?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
New grower here and I was wondering if it will be ok to grow 6 plants in my 2 by 8ft 6in space. I originally planned on growing 5 plants in 5 gallon pots and using a scrog net. I don’t wanna overcrowd my space any input is welcomed!

BigCube

BigCube

New grower here and I was wondering if it will be ok to grow 6 plants in my 2 by 8ft 6in space. I originally planned on growing 5 plants in 5 gallon pots and using a scrog net. I don’t wanna overcrowd my space any input is welcomed!

5g pots are a little in the large side. I use a single 3g pot to fill a 3x3 tent.
I'm sure 3g is more appropriate for your needs. Saving you some room 🙂

6 plants is easily doable, but 3 would be easier to deal with and easily fill the tent. Specially if you're planning to scrog 👍

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Your biggest hurdle is going to be adequate ventilation and air exchange. The suggestions above are good ones regarding space. Veg short to keep them short.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you know what you're going to be growing? Do you know anyone nearby who has grown it? Also, will this be your first grow?

Planning a SCROG without knowing the nature of the plants you're growing is difficult to get right. I would recommend doing some low and high stress training and pruning to make an even canopy and keep the plants from overgrowing the space.

If this is your first grow, I especially recommend that you just get used to growing Cannabis and the way the plant reacts to training without worrying about filling a SCROG net.

growsince79

growsince79

Need an exhaust- preferably outside, while still keeping it light proof.

BigCube

BigCube

Do you know what you're going to be growing? Do you know anyone nearby who has grown it? Also, will this be your first grow?

Planning a SCROG without knowing the nature of the plants you're growing is difficult to get right. I would recommend doing some low and high stress training and pruning to make an even canopy and keep the plants from overgrowing the space.

If this is your first grow, I especially recommend that you just get used to growing Cannabis and the way the plant reacts to training without worrying about filling a SCROG net.

I've been scrogging for over 10 years. All strains are the same to the scrog net. Nothing I've ever seen or grown needs special knowledge or treatment to train scrog. Not sure what you mean worrying about filling a scrog net.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've been scrogging for over 10 years. All strains are the same to the scrog net. Nothing I've ever seen or grown needs special knowledge or treatment to train scrog. Not sure what you mean worrying about filling a scrog net.
This is a newbie grower. Flipping when the plants aren't large enough can leave parts of a screen empty.

BigCube

BigCube

This is a newbie grower. Flipping when the plants aren't large enough can leave parts of a screen empty.

Your original post said nothing like that. I'm sure the mistake you mentioned is not an easy one to make. I've never heard of it being a problem. I mean, the entire point of a scrog is to fill the net. I dont see this as a valid concern.

No need to frighten new growers away from simple techniques. 👍

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I’m gonna go for the 3 gallon pots. I have a good air exchange I have a 4 in ac infinity exhausting into the attic. I am growing multiple strains which is not recommended for new growers but I figure I could learn a lot from doing this as well. I’m using FFHF and purple cow indicanja. I originally planned to use the 5 gallon and wait to use any nutrients after I put the plants in flower (30-40 days veg). Now that I’m going with the 3 gallon will I not be able to make it to flower without adding some nutes? I got roots organic terp tea and recharge. I didn’t get any grow/veg nutes since I’ve planned my whole grow around the 5 gallon pot idea. So any input on about that as well would be appreciated. I do plan to top and LST as well to control the height. I’ve built my own scrog net setup so I can easily string my net. Since I am doing different strains I’m going to string the net in sections so I can easily snip one without disturbing the rest of the net/canopy.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Need an exhaust- preferably outside, while still keeping it light proof.
The closet has sliding doors that meet in the middle and I have panda film cut to fit the inside so there is absolutely no light leaks and I have a 4 in ac infinity fan exhausting into the attic with a passive intake bringing air in from my bedroom.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I would get it outside. Pumping 2-3 gallons a day into the attic could cause mold
I would be concerned but every time I have to work in the attic bc of my ac it’s hot and humid as balls up there in the summer so I don’t think my grow would cause to much extra heat or humidity compared to when the summer sun is beating down on my house. I would be more concerned if I had a whole room dedicated to growing but it’s just a small closet grow. I’ll keep a close eye tho for any issues.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your original post said nothing like that. I'm sure the mistake you mentioned is not an easy one to make. I've never heard of it being a problem. I mean, the entire point of a scrog is to fill the net. I dont see this as a valid concern.

No need to frighten new growers away from simple techniques. 👍
If you've never seen a grow fail to fill the grow space, good.

I'm not trying to frighten anyone. What would the consequences of "failure" be? Nothing. What I am saying is learning to grow on your own is a big enough learning experience. But to each his own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom