6 site 8k DIY UC

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

Finally finish clean up my jump from my Coco run bought all my stuff built new room. Not running MPB's as originally intended. Went UC cost to build in a lil more expensive then MPB's but I think running costs are less.

IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG

Using some old 20 gallon botanicares I had for epicenters. 8" round air disc and "cool coil"
The cool coil is actually stainless steel immersion coil wort chiller from Midwest supplies

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG

running 2 res one finished up with double wrap of reflectix

IMG_2862.JPG
IMG_2863.JPG

Fully wrapped. One layer reflex on top. 1 layer tight to container on bottom a second layer with a air gap. One layer tightly wrap gives R-4. If you add a second layer with no air gap it only makes like r-5 add a gap and you get r-7 go to there website for more info

IMG_2865.JPG
IMG_2864.JPG

Used micro-pore single XL's in each tub lots of fine bubbles not roaring like everyone elses tubs

IMG_28671.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG

I am wrapping everthing. Did a check and light goes right through the 3/4 pvc.

IMG_2859.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG

one pump runs the cold water through the chiller and both coils. Ball valves on chiller each coil and each return line. unions on both sides of pumps for easy cleaning.

IMG_2860.JPG

being a cert electrician has its advantages 6 gauge feeding 50 amp contact then breakers for the lights running load with be round 38 amps so less then 80% load.

D

Donkdbz

Gonna be running same thread over at IC for fun

Stains are system-1 2-Gods Gift 1-Shiskaberry was gonna run 2 Sour Bubbles but I killed em by acident so GG instead.

System-2 3-Diablo OG's

The 2 GG are in the system playing catch up before I put the rest in.

R

RMCG

Might want to get the air pumps up off the floor.

Minimum higher than the water level, I think the ideal is like 4'-6' above the floor.

D

Donkdbz

The way I ran my airlines water does not come back through at all. I tested. I had the systems full and airlines ran with pump not attached and nothing came through then put pump into system ran for a couple hours turned off for a day and nothing. The Danner pumps leaked from the but I fixed.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Can you plz explain how the flow goes from the water pump? It looks from the pic that the water is pulled from the plant containers and "pushed" to the rez in that direction?

Thanks in advance!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Also forgot to ask if there is a place to order the uniseals online and also that big round diffuser? Cant seem to find anything bigger than about 5 inches except for deep water innovations I think has this tube kind but I think the round flat kind seems better??

Thanks!

D

Donkdbz

Can you plz explain how the flow goes from the water pump? It looks from the pic that the water is pulled from the plant containers and "pushed" to the rez in that direction?

Thanks in advance!

Yep just like everyone elses undercurrent systems

The discs are 8"round active aqua
http://www.horticulturesource.com/irrigation-pumps-reverse-osmosis-ro-water-chillers-sprayers-tubing-filters-pond-etc-c30/hydrofarm-air-stone-8-disc-12-case--p6359/?osCsid=3f2bb157059bce03547106e5031e121c

I have 2 of the 9" flex airs disc vbut they would have stood 5" off bottom of res because you have to put a 90 on the bottom. Which is fine using the ez-pail buckets that are 17" tall

you can get em here

cheapest uniseals http://www.aussieglobe.com/uniseal3.htm

Read Skyhighs thread.

D

Donkdbz

So I am pretty glad I installed unions on pimp and a ball valve.

I was half asleep checking for roots and I tipped the netbasket and....

got to stick my arm in fish all these out

IMG_2872.JPG

then hear some nose at the pump so took it apart and out came 2 pebbles

IMG_2871.JPG

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Hey donkdbz I was wondering how you guys connect the 3/4 inch pvc to the inlet on the water pump?

i.e. like what type of materials are you using (glue type)?

Thanks in advance!

D

Donkdbz

3/4 male or female adaptor

So not much going on. Slight MG def quick fixed by foliar spraying with epson salt and algamic. Added a touch of epson salt to res.

Diablo OG's were show tip burn so I took 10 gallons out and let it top back up to drop the PPMs down.

Then pretty much hacked most of the fan leaves off the Diablo's and shiskaberry to slow em down to give the gods gifts a lil more time to play catch up and keep the diablos from stretching. The new growth on diablos had much closer internode spacing.

IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG

S

Socachi

Hey Don had to come check out your setup, diggin you diy uc. You've done some real nice work here, pullin up a chair

D

Donkdbz

Went and bought a new toy would not thought about until Jackmayoffer metioned it in reply to a post of mine.

IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG

Leaf temps. I thought My temps were real bad but.....

IMG_29391.JPG

Black housing on digi therms so too much heat giving a bad reading. I checked my laser therm vs a glass mercury and its maybe .5 degree off.

IMG_2945.JPG

My humidity is too low I want 75% but averaging 45-50. I have a 3 gallon per day and a 12 gallon per day humidfiers going. Just need the girls bigger so they transpire more. pretty sure Jalisco Kid uses chart like this.

IMG_2941.JPG
IMG_2942.JPG

Cool coils working great. 66 temp on cold water res and both UC systems running 68ish. 1/4 HP chiller 6 sites 2 reses round 90 gallons water total

IMG_29381.JPG

make sure not to break directional fins on window ac or they suck air right back into the return. rigged some leftover reflectix to stop that problem

IMG_2936.JPG

she has double in a week even though I hacked all her fan leaves off

S

socalsfinestmmj

how big of ac is that ... how did u mount it ? is it sctually in a window or vented inside..

D

Donkdbz

I have 2- 18,000 btu window units. They are vented via AC box which has 8" can fan. 2 reasons for AC box is light and noise control.

I really wanted a mini-split but.....bought a new LED TV instead. My little one was bashing toys on old one. Needed out of reach wall mount for safety, bonus is only uses 180 watts vs 500 on old

Latest posts

Top Bottom