6 weeks in flower, leaves yellowing

• Thread starter sealab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sealab

sealab

I feed them once every 3 days or so, with 1 - 2 tsps of nutrients alternating.

Just started the 6th week of flower, and I'm noticing the plant on the right which has the most trichome production is also starting to turn yellow. especially on lower growth.

Is this because of not enough nutrients? Any other ideas to diagnose this lady?

3eszg9sz
6 weeks in flower leaves yellowing 2

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You just need to up your N a bit.or you could just continue as is.the plants just drawing the N out of the leaves to use for flower production.it usually starts to happen later in flower anyway.
What medium are u useing?
Are you useing bottled nutes?

sealab

sealab

You just need to up your N a bit.or you could just continue as is.the plants just drawing the N out of the leaves to use for flower production.it usually starts to happen later in flower anyway.
What medium are u useing?
Are you useing bottled nutes?
Medium is FoxFarm Ocean Forest, and for nutrients Botanicare Pure Blend Pro BLOOM.
They've been getting watered between 6.5-6.65 not sure what range they can uptake the N most effectively.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Are you giving the full dose that's stated on the veg nutes bottle? If so I would just continue to do that. When you add or up something to a soil grown plant it takes atleast a week before you will see any difference.in my experience it usually takes 10/14 days before you see the results of any changes.that would take you to week 8 of flower.assuming it's a plant the finishes in around 9 weeks you'll be starting to flush then anyway so I personally would just continue to do what your doing. That's just my opinion.others may have a different opinion.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Agreed this looks like nutrient deficit. They like to eat more during flower.

This gives you an idea of how pH affects nutrient uptake.

sealab

sealab

Are you giving the full dose that's stated on the veg nutes bottle? If so I would just continue to do that. When you add or up something to a soil grown plant it takes atleast a week before you will see any difference.in my experience it usually takes 10/14 days before you see the results of any changes.that would take you to week 8 of flower.assuming it's a plant the finishes in around 9 weeks you'll be starting to flush then anyway so I personally would just continue to do what your doing. That's just my opinion.others may have a different opinion.
Hmmm, interesting. It is definitely less than the bottle recommends, it was suggested to me to use less than half the recommended dose. Earlier in the grow I accidentally gave them double nutrients and their leaves turned dark green so I've been very careful about nutrients.

Something I've definitely learned this grow is that plants can handle a lot more as they get older, both in terms of light and nutrients.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

So you're saying if I fed my plants 10,000ppm I wouldn't see nute burn till 2 weeks later? Or if I have a calcium deficiency it won't be fixed until 2 weeks after I add cal mag?

sealab

sealab

Also, yes, I plan to chop at day ~63. We are currently at day ~43.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If your useing organic bottled nutes in soil yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Im not familiar with the nutes you mention or if theyr salt based or or organic.you really shouldnt use salt based nutes in soil.Same with the calcium deficiency. Organic nutes in soil are different to salt based nutes in coco or hydro.salt based nutes in coco or hydro will effect the plant within days but organic bottled nutes in soil will take at very very least a week more likely 2 to show any visible difference.same with cal mag on a calcium deficiency in soil.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

So you're saying if I fed my plants 10,000ppm I wouldn't see nute burn till 2 weeks later? Or if I have a calcium deficiency it won't be fixed until 2 weeks after I add cal mag?
In organic bottled nutes most people don't bother with ppms.i never have. If you follow the doses given on the bottle it will take a week to 2 weeks to show visible signs on the plant. Obviously if you add way way more per litre than your supposed to that could damage the plant quicker.i don't know as iv never tried that but following the doses on the bottle of organic nutes it will take 1 to 2 weeks to show visual signs of change.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

In organic bottled nutes most people don't bother with ppms.i never have. If you follow the doses given on the bottle it will take a week to 2 weeks to show visible signs on the plant. Obviously if you add way way more per litre than your supposed to that could damage the plant quicker.i don't know as iv never tried that but following the doses on the bottle of organic nutes it will take 1 to 2 weeks to show visual signs of change.
I'm not talking organics I'm talking synthetic. I've never experienced it taking 2 weeks for any of those to take effect. Usually 2-3 days max with synthetic. Organic must take longer because whatever I tried it it never seemed to work.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm not talking organics I'm talking synthetic. I've never experienced it taking 2 weeks for any of those to take effect. Usually 2-3 days max with synthetic. Organic must take longer because whatever I tried it it never seemed to work.
We'r not talking synethetics here buddy.the guys growing in soil.organics and synthetics is 2 totally different things.growing with synthetics in coco or hydro the plants metabolism is much much faster.you'll see changes with synthetics in a matter of days.way faster than in soil.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

You make a good point. I could never get the ppm above 550 with the organic nutes no matter how many tsp per gallon I used. About week 4 flower I dropped organic and went synthetic

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Growing in organics is like taking your time to eat a nice healthy meal at the dining table while synthetics is like wolfing down a micky dee's as fast as you can while speeding in a Ferrari

sealab

sealab

I guess it's organic, this is from the website

"Part of the Pure Blend® Pro family. A premium, bloom, base nutrient with sources of essential major and secondary elements plus trace minerals from the land and sea.

Pure Blend Pro includes a blend of natural minerals and organic extracts plus the essential macro and micro nutrients your plants need.

Fishmeal, composted seabird guano, kelp, and many more essential ingredients are ideal for enhancing flavors and aromas in your high value crop while their soluble form encourages fast nutrient uptake."

What kind of organic nutrients would you recommend?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You make a good point. I could never get the ppm above 550 with the organic nutes no matter how many tsp per gallon I used. About week 4 flower I dropped organic and went synthetic
The problem with using synthetics in soil is the airatiin on soil isn't that good so it needs to be left to dry out à good bit between waterings but if your letting the soil dry out useing synthetics you'll be letting a lot of salt build up in your medium which can fuck up your whole harvest.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I guess it's organic, this is from the website

"Part of the Pure Blend® Pro family. A premium, bloom, base nutrient with sources of essential major and secondary elements plus trace minerals from the land and sea.

Pure Blend Pro includes a blend of natural minerals and organic extracts plus the essential macro and micro nutrients your plants need.

Fishmeal, composted seabird guano, kelp, and many more essential ingredients are ideal for enhancing flavors and aromas in your high value crop while their soluble form encourages fast nutrient uptake."

What kind of organic nutrients would you recommend?
Yes that's organic.
If your a new grower just stick with a simple 2 part organic grow and bloom bottled nutes.keep it simple untill you start to gain a wee bit of experience

sealab

sealab

Yes that's organic.
If your a new grower just stick with a simple 2 part organic grow and bloom bottled nutes.keep it simple untill you start to gain a wee bit of experience
Okay cool, that's what I did for this grow, so I will carry on with it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bad info here. Pure blend pro is made from natural products but processed for immediate plant uptake. It surely will burn plants right away if used too much.

The bloom soil bottle does not have enough nitrogen and has too much phosphorous so if used alone it will prematurely yellow plants and hurt ultimate yield and potency.

I use the grow bottle when my soil nutes are depleted in flower. Just taper off the nute strength as they start to ripen and need less.

or at least mix them or alternate.

Top Bottom