6 weeks into flowering...now what to do about these nanners....

• Thread starter Bbybluenewbie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bbybluenewbie420

6 weeks into floweringnow what to do about these nanners

So as you can see....my female has grown some nanners. It is week 6 of flowering....and honestly I only have 3 small plants, and one is having nutrient problems. I'm kind of at a loss what to do here. Other wise they are a beautiful plant
6 weeks into floweringnow what to do about these nanners 2
I know being pollinated effects the quality. So not really being willing to kill it, only having one grow space and one light the only thing I could think to do was put plastic wrap around the sides.
And kind of try to distance it 🤣😭
6 weeks into floweringnow what to do about these nanners 3

I only saw the nanners low down on them so I'm hoping with no fan running I can finish them off (guessing about two weeks) without effecting the other two. Anyone delt with this before? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Do I just pluck those branches off? Just the nanners? I really hate to trash the whole plant since it's only the three (I dont count the early flowering seedlings, they'll make like A nug each, I just figured why not let them go if that's what they want to do🤣) and this is a first grow so I have nothing set up for when these are done/ if something happened to them. Just curious about some opinions.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

That plastic looks like a direct path to mold on that plant.
Welcome to the FARM and Thanks for Sharing! 👍 😎

Yeah, I agree with @Jorden486...Good air flow is also very important for your plants, you could run into some mold, root rot, and other issues if you lack proper air flow. It's up to you what you want to do with your plants, but just an fyi story...

We knew of a Grower that had about 3 acres with 300 plants growing outdoors. Little did he know, there was a Hemp farm nearby about 20 miles away from him that went into flower, also outdoor grow! Every one of his plants went into SEED, which he was not happy about! 😖 So, by you keeping the nanners in with your current grow, you may have some kind of affect to your whole grow...🤔

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you...Good luck with your grow! 👍 😎

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Plastic not good idea you need airflow. Banana is opened already so there is pollen in air if it wasnt sterile banana. Let them finish and wash grow room/tent after harvest no need to kill them when they are already week 6. 🙂

B

Bbybluenewbie420

IMG 20211229 142908
well I already see a seed on them so I guess grow and hope from here. But I was worried about the plastic anyway, happy to take it off. Here goes nothing 😅
IMG 20211229 142946
IMG 20211229 125037
IMG 20211229 125351

B

Bbybluenewbie420

Btw I know the pics are sh#t but anyone seeing cloudy yet? So hard to tell 🤬

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Use tweezers and pluck off all the nanners you can find. It will help but you will still end up with seeds most likely. The stuff I grew with nanners was pretty good stuff even with seeds. If it’s for personal use it’s not a big deal.

iffey

iffey

It is what it is bbyblu.. sort it out with what these members above recommend and then FIND THE LIGHT LEAK(s)
so it doesn't happen again next time. light leaks or flashes of light are the enemy OR get better timers.

B

Bbybluenewbie420

It is what it is bbyblu.. sort it out with what these members above recommend and then FIND THE LIGHT LEAK(s)
so it doesn't happen again next time. light leaks or flashes of light are the enemy OR get better timers.
Yeah I'm thinking it might have been light. I set them so that their 12 of dark lines up with when it's actually dark out....but pretty sure there's a small gap in the door to the grow space that's been doing it. Always had the light on in the other room so didn't notice the red glow around the door 🤦🏻‍♀️The timer has been perfect, so I know that's not the problem.

B

Bbybluenewbie420

it won’t affect quality of the resin just yield..
pollen will only survive at the most 3 days floating around..
absolutely no need to kill it, geez..
I've spent so much time trying to clarify this because all the opinions are usually trash it. It make bad harsh smoke. It's gonna be dirt weed. So your saying that it'll just make less buds to concentrate on the seeds? But the bud itself will still be good?

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

I've spent so much time trying to clarify this because all the opinions are usually trash it. It make bad harsh smoke. It's gonna be dirt weed. So your saying that it'll just make less buds to concentrate on the seeds? But the bud itself will still be good?
Ye it will be good smoke no problem. Only if you miss seed in when you smoke it taste little nasty but nothing else. 🙂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
love her just the same, dry and cure slowly..
i just made about 35 grams of hash oil and about 70-75 grams of hash from a plant that was pretty much dead at harvest from a bad mildew/mold infection, also hermied as she was full of mature seeds (which i kept lots) and me spraying with a very very strong dosages of h2o2 to get it too the finish, my friends thought i was nuts to even bother trying anything with it..
the hash and hash oil is honestly great!!
the taste, the high, the way it burns., beautiful..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

and me spraying with a very very strong dosages of h2o2 to get it too the finish, my friends thought i was nuts to even bother trying anything with it..
Wait....you spray with Hydrogen Peroxide to help them finish faster?!? I currently have 4 plants that are almost through week 11 and they don't appear to be ready yet or even close, MotherLode and G-13. I need these buggers to finish! I was wondering if this would help mine although this might just be an exercise in patience for me!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wait....you spray with Hydrogen Peroxide to help them finish faster?!? I currently have 4 plants that are almost through week 11 and they don't appear to be ready yet or even close, MotherLode and G-13. I need these buggers to finish! I was wondering if this would help mine although this might just be an exercise in patience for me!
NO!
it was to control the mildew..

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

What I have noticed sometimes with mine is if I get a few stray male flowers on the plant, below the main "budline" that they won't pollinate so much or that they are inert and sterile, or came to late to have much effect on pollinating the females and making seeds.

However, they do seem to make my buds "Swell", as the female flowers seem to get the signal that they have been pollinated? Maybe it's just my wishful thinking.

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
No, you may get smaller buds and more seeds- however POTENCY will not really be affected. Seedless/Sensimilla is preferred for SMOKING but as far as extract and tinctures and even edibles the whole plant is sometimes used. Heck, I have even chopped up males and used them in tinctures. At worst, chop and use in compost. It all recycles! ☮️
Jackie~

Top Bottom