6 weeks old and first flush - wow!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all, six weeks from seed today, and it's all good news. I'm really happy with all my plants, but one in particular has just struggled for the last couple weeks. It had some water stress and other stuff, and I don't think it was getting the same amount of water as her sisters for a bit, which I fixed. Long story short though she was getting the same treatment as her sisters but still showing signs of nutrient deficiencies and slow growth even while the others are exploding. Given I'm religious with my environment and nutes (I have bar charts showing ins/outs for every watering and min/max temp hydro for every few hours, I put it down to lockout. I definitely was over with A/B in the beginning, and wasn't using silica/fulvic which have made a big difference.

So I decided to give them their first proper flush. I'd given them one two weeks ago with low nutes and Calmag which corrected some issues but things were still not right in some areas. So I used 6L per plant (25 litre pots) with crystal clear pH to 6.0. So that one girl had been very droopy and wanted to see how she'd respond, but how they'd all respond really. Just opened my tent after 8 hours from flush:

6 weeks old and first flush   wow

They all look happier than they ever have, and the bottom left is up and singing for the first time in two weeks.

6 weeks old and first flush   wow 2

They will get another flush with clean water once they dry off a little then back onto half nutrients. I will be doing proper flushes every two weeks now, I see the sense now I've seen how they respond. I'm told it helps increase sweetness and flavour when done every week during flower also? Very happy that they are happy anyway.

6 weeks old and first flush   wow 3
6 weeks old and first flush   wow 4
6 weeks old and first flush   wow 5
6 weeks old and first flush   wow 6
N

NorCalAlien

Beautiful plants, my friend. I'm growing clones according to Fox Farms Nute guide. Did the first two-week flush including their magic product. Don't know whether their "sledgehammer" helped, and they'd already been doing great, but the flush seemed to help and certainly didn't hurt. It made sense that it would ensure proper soil levels. Would be an added bonus if it does provide that sweeter aroma and taste as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom