60 X 1000 Watts Under Current Hydro 20 Tons Of Ac And Some Co2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Charles Xavier

Greetings

First allow me to offer some assurance to you JACKMAYOFFER: There will be no back and forth involving myself in your thread. I am posting this reply only to clarify a few salient details and since your threads generate a fair deal of interest, for the sake of veracity I thought it prudent to respond here.

Yes you add it with BB and OD meaning when you use BB you add HH then when you switch to OD you would still add HH...until final phase is ran....BlueBerryMaster

It's not rocket science, but there is a science involved; there is a difference between what will work and what proves to be optimal.

Simply: every process in the plant is chemically/hormonally regulated. As such, it is not optimal to have relatively high levels of Phosphorus at the onset of the flowering period. High Potassium levels will also impact Magnesium uptake, which in turn lessens the assimilation and utilization of bio-available amino acids (Big Bud). N:P:K numbers only disclose part of the story.

In other words: If what you're striving for is 'optimal' do not mix Advanced Nutrients Big Bud with a 'bloom enhancer' in early flowering.

Also not sure what charles is doing but our plants stay lush green all the way through until flush NO YELLOWING. We are speaking of HYDRO use CORRECT????...BlueBerryMaster

Again, we are discussing 'optimal' and plant response to stimuli which affect change on the hormonal level.

The beauty and detriment of an active hydroponic culture is the short response time to stimuli. If one's doing it optimally (or close to optimally), one should definitely observe yellowing within two (2) days of reducing Nitrogen i.e. switching to a conventional bloom enhancing nutrient solution.

Simply: Lush green signals to the plant 'everything is gravy!' A reduction of Nitrogen says, 'Hard times ahead; better start cranking out the pistils in order to have a greater chance of catching some stray pollen and also to increase the potential of producing a larger quantity of seed so that your genes survive into the next generation!"

An aside: The plant will use it's store of amino acids and the incoming Phosphorus to produce a greater abundance of trichomes, but this process is also triggered by a reduction in Nitrogen.

In other words: "Lush green all the way through" is not optimal.

Also i have to add that can't stress enough on the use of CARBOLOAD it is a key to monster bud. Imagin a weight lifter the guy uses tons of protien and what?? CARB'S why? to put on that weight and build mass!!! The same applies with the plants..THINK ABOUT IT........ CARBOLOAD is a must if not you are missing out on alittle extra...PERIOD....BlueBerryMaster

There is so much not quite right with the above statement, it would take me another half-hour of two fingered typing to address it all. Unfortunately, time doesn't permit.

Bottom line: The argument for carbo-loading plants is specious and as intimated in my earlier post is usually detrimental in active hydroponic applications.

Listen: if I sound churlish, I do apologize as it was not my intent; there should be no points of contention here.

Sincerely,
Charles.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I rarley ask these types of questions for this very reason there is never a clear answer and it always turns into my buds are the size of a donkeys dick....I have had great sucess with mixing different nutes in the past I never over due it and understad that less is more.That being said It was mearly a question of If any one has ran Both Cana Boost with PK 13/14 Along side Big Bud and Over Drive..Not hey can you show me your nute collection and school me on what a plant needs..I really dont want to come off like I dont appreciate the advice beacuse I do it just seems unless you have ran Under water culture with the above nute combo you should step away from the key pad,And if you have I am all ears..Lets not make this a pissing match of what nute company is best..Just want to know If I run the above combo for a 9 week strain. When do I start pk13 / 14 ?when do I start Boost?, BIG BUD? ,OVERDRIVE?...Thanks for the help JACK

sdgrower

sdgrower

You could get by with out being there but its hard to stay away when you got such beautiful ladies waiting for you...

No problem asking bro ...With This system you really only need the basics..I had good sucess with the yellow bottles but at the end of the day there super expensive and I have had the same sucess with similar products..JACK

No need for top feed but you could modify it any way you like...JACK

Thanks bro!
Respect

Cheers!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Hocus Pocus

I feel violated.:evilgrin0040:

What just happened to this thread? Feel like I just watched an 1:30 AM advertorial on cable.

I'm gonna say this once......environmental conditions are king. These "specific" recommendations of supplements rarely if ever take into account room conditions.

Humidity, Temp and ambient CO2 levels largely dictate the way plants use nutrients....with this said plants obviously need differing nutrient combinations depending on the specific conditions.

Not once have I seen any nutrient "manufacturer" that gives specific ratios based on the environmental conditions or light concentrations for that matter.

ATTENTION GARDENERS:

Don't be mislead into thinking too much about supplements. Do your self a favor and grow with just the base nutes + (1) bloom booster....maybe 3 inputs at most, and see what your results are like.

Focus on climate, genetics and basic plant nutrition and you'll never look back....the perverbial "Holy Grail" for plant growth isn't sold in a bottle...it's nature guys.
You'll be surprised what a plants true potential is once you quit trying to manipulate it and let nature take it's course.

We now return (HOPEFULLY) to our regularly scheduled Jack Fest.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

I have run 4 16xl undercurrents with 16k in a sealed room with all the goodies. As mentioned by the guru above this system is NOT meant to have 27 different hocus pocus additives. It is optimal with your favorite A&B along with one bloom booster/finishing agent and cal/mag. You can run all the side by sides you want and you will not beat this kiss method. All those additives and sooner or later white slimy roots will overtake this system.

Call me what you will but this recipe specifically for the "undercurrents" will blow it out of the box everytime.

DM gold A&B
Big Bud
Overdrive
Magical

Nothing more or less, you can thank me later and save a ton of dough in the process.

I really dont want to come off like I dont appreciate the advice beacuse I do it just seems unless you have ran Under water culture with the above nute combo you should step away from the key pad,And if you have I am all ears..Lets not make this a pissing match of what nute company is best..Just want to know If I run the above combo for a 9 week strain. When do I start pk13 / 14 ?when do I start Boost?, BIG BUD? ,OVERDRIVE?...Thanks for the help JACK

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I feel violated.:evilgrin0040:

What just happened to this thread? Feel like I just watched an 1:30 AM advertorial on cable.

I'm gonna say this once......environmental conditions are king. These "specific" recommendations of supplements rarely if ever take into account room conditions.

Humidity, Temp and ambient CO2 levels largely dictate the way plants use nutrients....with this said plants obviously need differing nutrient combinations depending on the specific conditions.

Not once have I seen any nutrient "manufacturer" that gives specific ratios based on the environmental conditions or light concentrations for that matter.

ATTENTION GARDENERS:

Don't be mislead into thinking too much about supplements. Do your self a favor and grow with just the base nutes + (1) bloom booster....maybe 3 inputs at most, and see what your results are like.

Focus on climate, genetics and basic plant nutrition and you'll never look back....the perverbial "Holy Grail" for plant growth isn't sold in a bottle...it's nature guys.
You'll be surprised what a plants true potential is once you quit trying to manipulate it and let nature take it's course.

We now return (HOPEFULLY) to our regularly scheduled Jack Fest.
Thanks Bro im deffiently going to stick to the basics,Im really really diggin the new system and plan on giving it a year in both rooms and when the 13 gallon buckets get here shits going to be on...:cool0010:
I have run 4 16xl undercurrents with 16k in a sealed room with all the goodies. As mentioned by the guru above this system is NOT meant to have 27 different hocus pocus additives. It is optimal with your favorite A&B along with one bloom booster/finishing agent and cal/mag. You can run all the side by sides you want and you will not beat this kiss method. All those additives and sooner or later white slimy roots will overtake this system.

Call me what you will but this recipe specifically for the "undercurrents" will blow it out of the box everytime.

DM gold A&B
Big Bud
Overdrive
Magical

Nothing more or less, you can thank me later and save a ton of dough in the process.

This is exacatly what I wanted to here from some one who has been there and done that..What where your results with this combo?:clapping

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

A we bit over 1gpw and the run went smooth. Note it was a pre 98 Kush so not a notoriously big yielder. Why I know you could hit 1.5gpw with your system? Simple you have a perfect environment and you are running vertical bare bulb in undercurrents. I was running horizontal and I couldn’t get the light penetration like you are providing your ladies and my girls were to packed together. 1.5+ gpw is easily achievable with your current setup with the right genetics and a near perfect run. A kiss nutrient lineup as mentioned earlier will take you a long way with this system...

On a side note how do you like the intellidose unit? I am seriously looking into them and would like some honest feedback.

Thanks Bro im deffiently going to stick to the basics,Im really really diggin the new system and plan on giving it a year in both rooms and when the 13 gallon buckets get here shits going to be on...:cool0010:

This is exacatly what I wanted to here from some one who has been there and done that..What where your results with this combo?:clapping

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings JACKMAYOFFER

I rarley ask these types of questions for this very reason there is never a clear answer and it always turns into my buds are the size of a donkeys dick....JACKMAYOFFER

I rarely answer these types of questions for the very reason: even when clearly outlined and detailed the question still persists.

I am not interested in schooling anyone...I was under the impression that I was answering your question.

If you found my post objectionable, it is a simple enough thing to have it removed...no offense intended, no offense taken.

Sincerely,
Charles.

p.s. And yes...I am speaking from a point of experience. I had hoped that that was apparent. For my lack of explicitness, mea culpa.

C.X.

M

mcattak

CNS-17 veg and bloom
Liquid Karma
Roots Exelurator
Silicone
cal/mag
BB
Overdrive
PBP Bloom Soil for the last week or so...

This is pretty much my rockwool schedule that I have adjusted to my RDWC....

Since this is my first RDWC run I cant tell you if it worked or not...Will know in about 14 days...

Didn't mean to mess up your thread I just noticed you asked a couple of questions regarding the supplements I use....

mc

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

What planet you from?

CX...depending on how you look at it, you're either half empty or half full of yourself....I'd opt toward the latter.

Condesending dictations are a real turn off my man.....though you're very articulate, I doubt anyone here appreciates your perpsective nearly as much as you seem to.

Please spare us your well worded rebutle and just scamper back to class smarty pants. :tongue0011:

I

Inuit

People have been running sealed rooms for quite a while...So if there is a lack of oxygen during the dark period that slows down photosynthesis it is probably made up for with the 1500ppm of c02 during lights on...Without the sealed room it is difficult to maintain these high c02 readings..

The sealed room also seems to offer a little more security from odor escaping...

mc

Ummm, not trying to be a dick or get the thread off track, but you might consider checking out a plant physiology book. Plants don't use oxygen, its a byproduct, so oxygen levels during dark period doesn't mean squat.

Oxygen actually competes with CO2 for the active site of the enzyme that begins phytosynthesis, in a process called photorespiration, which actually uses energy instead of creating it. Its basically PS running backwards.

Best of luck

I

B

boroboro

Ummm, not trying to be a dick or get the thread off track, but you might consider checking out a plant physiology book. Plants don't use oxygen, its a byproduct, so oxygen levels during dark period doesn't mean squat.

Oxygen actually competes with CO2 for the active site of the enzyme that begins phytosynthesis, in a process called photorespiration, which actually uses energy instead of creating it. Its basically PS running backwards.

Best of luck

I

Not trying to get the thread off track here, but plants do use oxygen at night, during respiration:

http://www.accessscience.com/abstract.aspx?id=524600 said:
Plant Respiration:
The metabolism of organic molecules using enzymes to generate usable energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). The ATP made by respiration is used in plant cells to move things within the cell, to make new molecules needed for growth, and to power active transport (the pumping of ions or other substances across a cell membrane against an osmotic gradient). Most plant respiration is aerobic—that is, it requires the presence of oxygen—and involves the oxidation of sugars to carbon dioxide. When oxygen is not present, anaerobic respiration, or fermentation, occurs, allowing some ATP synthesis. Fermentation is much less efficient in harvesting energy from organic molecules than aerobic respiration is, and most plants do not tolerate long periods of anaerobiosis. Plant respiration encompasses several pathways, including glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and oxidative electron transport. It occurs in all plant cells and is generally similar to animal respiration, with a few notable exceptions such as a cyanide-insensitive respiration mechanism lacking in animals.

Thanks again for the show, Jack!

I

Inuit

Duh! Somehow I highlighted dark period, and gave the supporting argument for oxygen competitive binding of the active site during the light period.

One of those days I guess :)

Thanks

I

L

Loudblunts

good to see you brought the thread back....sucks ya had to take it down for whatever reason or dipsticks mentioning shit.

the grow build pics were fucking epic!!!

whas your thoughts on the 2" pipe....have you had any root clogging? if so...

how common is this in these type of systems?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
DSC 0083
DSC 0084
DSC 0085
DSC 0090
DSC 0096
OK enough with explaining to the class on how a plant grows if you dont understand a sealed room a little research will get you to where you need to be ...Now back to the regular scheuled program :nerd..Plants are starting to boost hard and do there first couple days of flip /stretch there eating 100 to 150 ppm a day PH is stable all is good in the land of green ganja :cool0010:JACK

20north

loving it jack thanks for sharing it looks as if those plants have like 4 inch wide trunks lol

peace

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
very impressive

awesome grow Jack, will be looking forward to those babies filling in

mal

sdgrower

sdgrower

That's how you get a thread back on track.

Awesome pics Jack! Looking great bro!

Cheers!

D

Dubwobble

I am planning on buying a Current Culture system on my next grow.

I am tuned in and anxiously watching your wonderful looking grow.

WOWOW

Latest posts

Top Bottom