600w 3x3 - No-till Advice Needed

• Thread starter gallantgr0wr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gallantgr0wr

gallantgr0wr

Greetings to everyone from around the world !

Im in the process of starting off my 2nd grow , as mentioned i will be using a 3x3 tent 6' high.
250w MH - veg / 600w hps - flower

My 1st grow i used 7 gal (20 Litre) plastic pots but im pretty sure what i had was root bound issues. However i assume results are way greater in 7 gal fabrics.

Im wondering if anybody has experience with this size tent in terms of getting the best output possible from a no till grow ? I was thinking of starting out with 7 gal fabric pots with about 5 gals soil & 1.5-2.0 gals mulch, i would fill them up or go larger say 10 gal (38 Litre) atleast but unfortunately sourcing pumice this side of the world is a bit pricey at this point.

On the other hand i was thinking of using a fabric bed/geo planter which i would preferably DIY to save on costs, i could then fill that up with 80 gals of soil from the start and of course add a decent layer of mulch.

I would like to wait a bit until my budget allows more soil but im in need of some decent bud !

I was thinking i could even mix pot sizes up 2 x 7 gal and 1 x 10 gal or even maybe 1 x 20 gal for now, cant say how long it will take me to build a decent bed so i think i should just go with the pots for now while i get that going. Any suggestions will be seriously appreciated. Thank you

Base mix without amendments - 1/3 pumice , 1/3 sphagnum peat ( 40% black peat & 40% white sphagnum peat ) , 1/3 ewc

Peace ! :)

4plant

4plant

I would wait for the bed if using no till. Imo 7 to 10 gallon pots for indoor cultivation are too big. they stay wet too long the roots are either saturated too long or constantly wet. you want your root mass to be able to drink up what you’re putting in so you can replenish it frequently. Good luck

gallantgr0wr

gallantgr0wr

I would wait for the bed if using no till. Imo 7 to 10 gallon pots for indoor cultivation are too big. they stay wet too long the roots are either saturated too long or constantly wet. you want your root mass to be able to drink up what you’re putting in so you can replenish it frequently. Good luck

Thanks for the reply dude, im a little confused though, do you mean pots are too big for one plant ? rather have a smaller bed so that the roots fill it up properly ?

Top Bottom