600W HPS + 200W CFL = is this a good thing to do?

• Thread starter electron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

electron

These Narkush ladies are in the 3rd week on HPS now, just beginning to blossom.

I just installed my CFL 200W lamp among them. Thought they would enjoy some extra light from below.

Anyway as this is my first indoor grow, i am not fully confident about this whole light mixing thing so i'll be glad to hear some thoughts.

600w hps  200w cfl  is this a good thing to do 5

600w hps  200w cfl  is this a good thing to do 2

600w hps  200w cfl  is this a good thing to do

600w hps  200w cfl  is this a good thing to do 4

600w hps  200w cfl  is this a good thing to do 3

As you can see, a 5 week youngster just joined the crew.

Another thing i should mention is that even before i put the CFL i had humidity as low as 23-34% and tempreture at around 29-32C with HPS on. I am worried about the humidity is it too low, coz some of the leaves are very dry and creasy?

B

been

I think you'd be better off with higher humidity instead of more light and heat, at least for another few weeks.

E

electron

I just installed something like a filter on my exhauster and lowered it's vacuum power. humidity started growing immediately. I think it would be even better when i put a carbon filter as well... thx for the tip mate...

E

electron

yeah but how? i've put a ventilator on the HPS which is not so hot actually.. but the space is small i think and can't put temp lower than 31c during the HPS is on..

D

dkmonk

Put a small oscillating fan on the wall, or maybe even 2 that will help w/ the temps, but the cfl wont hurt anything and could possibly make your lower budsites nice and fat and up your harvest, why not have it.

mcuecue

mcuecue

These Narkush ladies are in the 3rd week on HPS now, just beginning to blossom.

I just installed my CFL 200W lamp among them. Thought they would enjoy some extra light from below.

Anyway as this is my first indoor grow, i am not fully confident about this whole light mixing thing so i'll be glad to hear some thoughts.

View attachment 35681
View attachment 35678
View attachment 35677
View attachment 35680
View attachment 35679

As you can see, a 5 week youngster just joined the crew.

Another thing i should mention is that even before i put the CFL i had humidity as low as 23-34% and tempreture at around 29-32C with HPS on. I am worried about the humidity is it too low, coz some of the leaves are very dry and creasy?
That CFL would be best utilized at top or placed hanging down the side, about 1/3 of the way down the canopy. Even better would be to get 3 more of them and have all 4 of them hanging down around the top of the canopy at the same height (if your temps will allow it). Try to remember to try to keep everything uniform and lighting the bottom of the plant does almost nothing except bring your ambient temps up. Cannabis reacts the most to light shining down from the top of the plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom