62 days post 12/12 flip, leaves turning yellow-look curious

• Thread starter NewbieTed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Lemon Jeffery, 70 day photoperiod, day 62 since flip.
Indoor soil grown, Fox Farm Happy Frog
Dutch Master Nutrients

I still have white pistils emerging with only clear and cloudy trichomes visible, so I assume that I have a couple of weeks left before the top harvest, who knows how much longer for second, lower harvest. I'm starting to develop yellowing sugar leaves scattered through the six plants. That's not surprising as I've not fed more than ¼-⅓ the recommended doses of nutes. I've kept the nutes low enough to not need a flush since I'm doing a staged harvest.

I don't have many fan leaves as I did major defoliation, but I noticed this morning these yellowing fan leaves (pix below). What especially took my attention, the leaves with greyish green discoloration are different than any I'd seen before. I don't want things to go bad before harvest. Or worse, not harvesting in time and the crop is toast.

I examined the leaves very closely with my 60X loupe and saw no evidence of insects mold or rot. I sat and inspected the soil and buds and all over the plants Nada.

Am I being alarmist?
Thanks,
Ted

62 days post 1212 flip leaves turning yellow look curious
62 days post 1212 flip leaves turning yellow look curious 2
62 days post 1212 flip leaves turning yellow look curious 3
tco_0420

tco_0420

They are fine, don’t worry about it, they start to turn yellowish color and die off towards the end of flower

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Update:

Well, I'm at 75 days post flip and I'm still going. The trichomes are still mostly clear and cloudy with just occasional amber ones scattered about. The sugar leaves are getting yellow at a slower rate since I upped the nutes a little (about 1/3 Dutch Master recommends, plus a little liquid kelp). I would like to get a little more growth and amber trichomes for some couchlock effects. I'm planning a staged harvest since i have a bunch of smaller colas that are filled with white pistils and clear trichomes. I'm hoping the plants don't die before i can harvest properly.

The wait is killing me!

IMG 20210706 101015339
IMG 20210706 101042609
IMG 20210706 101344891
IMG 20210706 101145778
NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Yeah! Eleven weeks since 12/12 flip today and I did my top harvest this morning! I looked at each bud at the trichomes (with the loupe) and they are mostly cloudy with sprinkling of amber ones. The full amount so far from the six plants is 363g! Recently I've been drying buds for Hubby's sampling and the yield has been about 25%, so assuming a yield of 22.5%, it's 2.90oz! I was hoping to get at least an ounce a plant and it looks like I'll get it. I'm thrilled at my results, given that this is the first grow! Hubby and I have quite a tolerance, but it's so far stronger than what we usually buy at the dispensary. My son reported that one of his non-tolerant (as far as frequency of use) friends smoked a bud from last week and said that it is excellent.
PXL 20210708 182024816

I picked the ones that are ready and some of the smaller buds that were casting shade. Afterwards, I watered with 1/3 prescribed nutes. I'm not flushing, nor am I doing a blackout period due to the staged harvest. I'll continue to update my posts. It bothers me that so many people post with questions and problems, but my main question usually goes unanswered: the yield at the end of the full harvest.

Next harvest in five days (right before the next watering is due).

PXL 20210708 172618626
growsince79

growsince79

As for yield, I consider anything over 1oz/sqft a success.2oz/sqft is a home run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom