6500k LED for Vegging

• Thread starter Kquira
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kquira

Hi guys ill appreciate any help, im vegging in my back yard in a 5*5 space using 2 /100w led 6500k total 18000 lummens in combination with sun light, which they get for about 4/5hr of direct sun light not always super sunny but i get decent sunlight except in the rainy season in which i am now, so i need to use some extra light when sun not strong enough or raining and to keep em on a 18/6 cycle as well , but im noticing a bit of streching and very little development of shoots. Is it the lights? I grow in soil soil is on point ph, should i use anyother type of bulb, any one used this type of lights for supplement lighting? Is a 150w hps better? thnx in advance.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Plants need a lot of light. A short direct sun period doesn't give nearly enough to do much more than allow it to remain alive, but very skinny and lanky. A 150w HPS will probably be a good choice, but you will need to rotate the plant since more light will be coming in from the bulb side. It's hard to have too much light. If your LED lights are drawing 100 watts each at the wall, they are probably strong enough, but most LED lights have arbitrary "Wattages" that aren't standardized and go mostly on marketing reasons. Under decent. sun, I usually see well over 100,000 lumens
, which I always used as a reference for decent growing. Anything less than that yielded less favorable results. A 1000w HPS puts out over 120K lumens, so you have an idea of what levels of light are best for a nice, large plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom