6k 24-site Master Kush Coco Problem. Light Shock? WTF is this?

• Thread starter BoneDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Ok this is really frustrating guys. Everything has been looking ideal and amazing while vegging all the way up until i hit the ladies with all of my lights. They were all vegging under a single 1000w HPS and looking beautiful. When they got big enough I spread them out, put screens up, and kicked on all six 1k HPS lights. I check the next day and it looked like heat stress for sure. They were twisting a bit and drooping and not looking nice. So pulled the lights up as high as they would go (about 32"), and brought the temp down to a crazy 68-70 and I'm still seeing this drooping before lights out!!! amount of light is the only variable i have changed! well, i guess humidity has now dropped to mid thirties to mid 40's since all of the lights have come on. What's going on here?? I can't seem to come to consensus about lumen shock or if "too much light" is causing this. I mean, the room is F&%^# bright. What am I missing?? this is incredibly frustrating. All help much appreciated...
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 2
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 3
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 4
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 5

Below is how they looked when i had all of them under one 1000w HPS.... just fine...

6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 6
6k 24 site master kush coco problem light shock wtf is this 7

Wavegem

Wavegem

I think you are over feeding flush with low feed about 1/2, and turn all lights off except that one. Get that rh up. You can see they were on the brink before you turned on all lights and dried them up.

sixstring

sixstring

Where was the r/h before? Most likely from a big drop in r/h.i run the mk under to in veg and on day 1 of flower they go under a 600hps, i mean right under the lamp @ 8 to 10 inch from the lamp to control stretch.i never see that droop from any of my strains.rh is the same 35 to 40 % in both spots though.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

how much you feeding?....to me it looks like underfed plants and overwatering/lack of oxygen in the roots

if you had them under 1000w and they were doing fine, when you put them under 6 kw did you up the nutes or stay relatively the same?

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

feck bro, my dumb bitches have been acting this way and I thought it was due to low temps. Damn this is a goofy plant. First I thought when seeing the pics was too much water and not enough heat. then i read your write up and that makes no sense. I go from a single t-5 to 2x 600s and the first day the ladies always look a bit lame, then by day 3 they look normal again... maybe it is shock from the sudden increase in light.

Please do let us know how this turns out, does it persist or get better for no reason?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've only seen this with light shock... I have droopy plants my first round in coco and moved my RH from 45% to 65% and the problem was fixed. Feeding issue or not get that RH way higher.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

were they a little bit or close to being rootbound before turning on extra lights? if so transplant up and top plants...

i would make sure your whole medium is getting watered maybe your not getting bottoms of pot..

up your temps to 80-81 and up humidity if possible

dont blow your fans at your plants..dont let foliage move, rh will increase around leaves.

basically your plants are closing stomata to prevent water loss because they are stressed (too much new light, not enough new roots to support increased water demands + low rh) ..so you need to stimulate them to transpire by raising temps, andf by not blowing fans at them you raise rh around leafs

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Update! I managed to raise the RH and keep it consistently around 60-65%. This seems to have been the bulk of the issue, but I also suspect that the dramatic increase in light was too much for the girls to handle. I haven't experienced lumen shock before, and really didn't know that it could be an actual problem. I turned 3 of the lights off and they seem to be liking it way better, but if that is the case I am unsure of when i should blast them with all 6k. I set up a thermostat controller (pictured) which flips on my 8" fan, which operates as both my passive intake and exhaust. This is how I'm regulating the RH right now. It's been a challenge running an unsealed, passive intake room and still regulating the climate. The air that comes in from outside is cool and dry so I haven't figured out how to have fresh air circulating 24/7 without screwing up the whole climate, so I'm looking forward to sealing it and setting up Co2. Anyway, things are
looking good for now! Thanks for all the input guys, wouldn't have solved this problem as quick without you dudes :cool:
Photo Jan 09 9 59 43 PM
Photo Jan 09 9 59 31 PM
Photo Jan 09 9 58 16 PM
Photo Jan 09 9 57 53 PM

sixstring

sixstring

They never looked overfed to me just going from good rh to low and adding the extra light must a done it.i would bump that rh to 70% and crank up the rest of your lights I bet they go bang ;) bottled co2 will help with raising rh, so will a.propane burner but bottled works better for that ime.keep doin what you do, peace.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
bump temps up to 82. Raise CO2 to 1000ppm. Bump RH to 80%.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

You can also dim ur ballast down instead of killing lights. I gradually increase wattage through transition (veg>flower). That way my plants get equal light.
Ya that rh was def a factor. Looking great now. Much luck through the rest.Z

Top Bottom