7 months old and 8 weeks 12×12

• Thread starter Popdee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Popdee

Popdee

Hello Farmers, as usual I have questions and some simi-infocused pictures of Bday girl. She sprouted Oct. 19 but today the 18th is 8 weeks 12×12. She is not done, how much longer? I'm thinking a week, maybe two. I'll keep my lope on her. She has pushed out new pistils, mostly on the side of the buds, until yesterday 95%orange. Her trichromes on the top buds are mostly clear, some clouding on some but not a lot. I going for "couch lock" , opinions would be appreciated.
Hopefully I'll only post the pictures once this time😀
I would have baked you all some Bday brownies, but had to trade my butter for some bud.. sorry.
Over and out Popdee

7 months old and 8 weeks 1212
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 2
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 3
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 4
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 5
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 6
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 7
7 months old and 8 weeks 1212 8
Popdee

Popdee

After thought I've been meaning to say.
When I first joined The Farm I jumped right into the deep end of the of the pool. I'm back where I belong, at the kiddies end, reading and looking around the farm, and learning.
After "growing" for around 40 years, off and on, I thought I knew shit and I do,some, but you young whipper snappers talk about stuff... cow shit,water ,a prayer and no hunters walking through my patch was my best hope..( please if any of you are English teachers please don't grade this grammar,we're celebrating a birthday here😵)
Anyway thanks for your knowledge and sharing it.
"Times of weed and no money are better than times of money and no weed"
Over and out Popdee

FTCG

FTCG

I'd give her a few more weeks, especially if you are going for couch lock effect.

If you give a plant lower light levels it will take quite a bit longer.

What kind of light have you been providing?

Popdee

Popdee

I'd give her a few more weeks, especially if you are going for couch lock effect.

If you give a plant lower light levels it will take quite a bit longer.

What kind of light have you been providing?
I have two "Surelight" 100w full spectrum and a 65w general grow light.
I raised them to 20" from 16" and she seems to like (new pistils). Using only FoxFarm Bloom and water. She is green, no yellowing leaves. I figure I will give her what ever time she needs. I need input on getting my couch lock. I'm thinking 34-40% amber on the trics. Oppinons gratefully accepted.
Over and out

FTCG

FTCG

Yeah new pistils forming is a sign there is no stress on the plant.

Too much nutrients, to much light mixed with any foliar sprays, or just high temps can turn your pistils brown.

Try to prevent them from browning as long as you can, pistils don't determine whether a plant is matured or not.

The color of the leaves and trichs are much better indicators.

Most my strains take 10 weeks flower under 600w hps bulbs.

The couch lock effect will come when fully ripe. Raising the lights was a good move. Having it too close can stunt the plant. 3 weeks is my opinion.

Last edited:
Popdee

Popdee

Yeah new pistils forming is a sign there is no stress on the plant.

Too much nutrients, to much light mixed with any foliar sprays, or just high temps can turn your pistils brown.

Try to prevent them from browning as long as you can, pistils don't determine whether a plant is matured or not.

The color of the leaves and trichs are much better indicators.

Most my strains take 10 weeks flower under 600w hps bulbs.

The couch lock effect will come when fully ripe. Raising the lights was a good move. Having it too close can stunt the plant. 3 weeks is my opinion.
Thanks for the imput. I can never learn enough.
I think I just tried to many
"Magic cures" on her, some good,some no so. She showing new pistils, but some still turning orange at the tip. I attribute to my stupid of mixing fert beads into her transplant. All leave tips have turned brown,every one,but have traveled no further. This girl has turned out to be a teacher to me and you farmers as well. I'm looking for couch lock for sleeping,and any number of hours (after3pm) that leads to it😏. Going into week 9, will keep you all posted.
Over and out. Popdee

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like a hybrid, which can sometimes be tricky to judge. When growing Sativa, the buds put on most off their weight and peak flavor during the last 2 weeks. I also look for leaf discoloring... not like dead leaves, but more like other colors starting to show up, like purples and stuff. A plant usually draws nourishment and energy from the fan leaves, so it's not unusual for them to yellow and fall off. I don't see any color change or yellowed leaves yet. If you feed them a lot, the yellowing can be minimized and the plants want to keep growing. I personally feel it is better to wait as long as possible before harvesting. The buds seem massive and heavy now, but they will lose a lot of weight, up to 90%, in water. The buds look like a Sativa-ish hybrid, so they might not turn out to be the rock hard nuggets everyone seems to enjoy, but it looks healthy and tasty!
One other thing I sometimes look for when deciding to take things down it the growing tips of the main colas. They will begin to get a little more pointy at the growing ends, and sometimes start to produce some oddball leaves, like single or twisted leaves at the very tip. When I see these, it is a sign that the plant is done... similar to what you sometimes see in corn ears that has been allowed to fully ripen at late summer.

Popdee

Popdee

It looks like a hybrid, which can sometimes be tricky to judge. When growing Sativa, the buds put on most off their weight and peak flavor during the last 2 weeks. I also look for leaf discoloring... not like dead leaves, but more like other colors starting to show up, like purples and stuff. A plant usually draws nourishment and energy from the fan leaves, so it's not unusual for them to yellow and fall off. I don't see any color change or yellowed leaves yet. If you feed them a lot, the yellowing can be minimized and the plants want to keep growing. I personally feel it is better to wait as long as possible before harvesting. The buds seem massive and heavy now, but they will lose a lot of weight, up to 90%, in water. The buds look like a Sativa-ish hybrid, so they might not turn out to be the rock hard nuggets everyone seems to enjoy, but it looks healthy and tasty!
One other thing I sometimes look for when deciding to take things down it the growing tips of the main colas. They will begin to get a little more pointy at the growing ends, and sometimes start to produce some oddball leaves, like single or twisted leaves at the very tip. When I see these, it is a sign that the plant is done... similar to what you sometimes see in corn ears that has been allowed to fully ripen at late summer.
Wow thanks, a lot to think about . Her being bagseed and coming from sh#t weed I gave her little hope of being "worth the effort" but then it got interesting. Now new possibilities. I like it!
I have no time frame for her. Going into week 9 with eyes(and loupe) open.
Thanks and will keep you all posted.
Over and out Popdee

Popdee

Popdee

Hey Jimster, you sent me on a two day internet bings on hybrids with sativa dominance. Thanks for pointing it out to me, I believe you're correct. She is now heading to week 9 (2days) and trichs are mostly clear, new pistils are showing , mostly down on the stem buds(which are 1"-2" apart) . If I remember correctly she had afew 8 finger leaves early in veg, now only 5. Also when she first sprouted, she shot up so fast I was sure she was male. She's a teacher that's for sure.
Thanks for your imput it realy helped. I'm settled back to give this girl all the time she needs.
Over and out. Popdee

Top Bottom