7 week critical purple “autos” not flowering. Switch to 12/12?

• Thread starter JustLearninGx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Week 7 of critical purp autos and still no pistils..I’ve decided to switch to 12/12 ..is that a good idea or wait another week?
7 week critical purple autos not flowering switch to 1212 3

7 week critical purple autos not flowering switch to 1212
7 week critical purple autos not flowering switch to 1212 2
7 week critical purple autos not flowering switch to 1212 4
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If it's an auto, it won't really matter. change to 16/8. Autos can use all the light they can get.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If it is an auto, it will flip when it's ready. I've only done autos once but I had them at 20/4 during Veg and 16/8 during flower. They came out great.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

If it's an auto, it won't really matter. change to 16/8. Autos can use all the light they can get.
Thanx for the reply ..it’s my first grow and was told it would start flowering in 4-5 weeks so that’s y I’m getting nervous..next time I’m going with photos, these are to much of a guessing game..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Autos are only tricky because they do what they want, not what you had in mind.
If you can work at their speed, they will give you some good smoke.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

It might take a week or even 2 before you see flower. Don't worry, it's coming.
Thanx for the advice, yea growers choice seed bank has a very good rep so I don’t see them giving me photos in an auto flower label ..the screw up could be possible tho but I doubt it, n it would of really sucked if I switched to 12/12 on auto flowers..I jus wish I knew I had this much time or I would of toped them..o well, they still look pretty great, especially for my first grow

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanx for the advice, yea growers choice seed bank has a very good rep so I don’t see them giving me photos in an auto flower label ..the screw up could be possible tho but I doubt it, n it would of really sucked if I switched to 12/12 on auto flowers..I jus wish I knew I had this much time or I would of toped them..o well, they still look pretty great, especially for my first grow
Top it now. Just do select branches.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Top it now. Just do select branches.
Really ?? Ouchh idk ..I have trouble just clipping the big fan leaves lol..the one plant on the left I’m growing in living soil and the plant is double the size the other 2 I just feed nutes to, I had to put them on milk crates just so I can even the top of the canopy and I still have to keep tying the one in living soil down..fk it I might just go for it n top her but I thought that was a no no for autos ??

4908C9D7 9E0B 4B15 878D 48F40FF90505
Moshmen

Moshmen

Some people say don't top autos but theres no reason not to.
Auto grower here, first there are a lot of crap out there I don’t agree with but I’ll share my experience with autos -first when ya buy 10 seeds there’s always a slight chance 1 or 2 won’t auto flower , unstable breeding , not working the line long enuff. ( all about greed) . So it’s possible you got auto seeds that are full of photo genes.

most autos start showing preflowers week 3-4 some maybe week 5/6 but if your in week 7 or more I’d flip to 12/12 they prolly won’t autoflower at this point.

since I believe you have a photo leaning plant topping is fine - and you can top a auto but the auto runs on a time line not sunlight! So what happens when you top a photo? It slows it down for a few days so bottom can catch up / with the auto you never get this time back you willl lose yield for sure.
Any stress on a auto will affect its yield /potency.

all that being said autos have there place and can be great !

fwitw I run autos and photos same tent 12/12 the autos do slow a bit but it’s totally doable

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Auto grower here, first there are a lot of crap out there I don’t agree with but I’ll share my experience with autos -first when ya buy 10 seeds there’s always a slight chance 1 or 2 won’t auto flower , unstable breeding , not working the line long enuff. ( all about greed) . So it’s possible you got auto seeds that are full of photo genes.

most autos start showing preflowers week 3-4 some maybe week 5/6 but if your in week 7 or more I’d flip to 12/12 they prolly won’t autoflower at this point.

since I believe you have a photo leaning plant topping is fine - and you can top a auto but the auto runs on a time line not sunlight! So what happens when you top a photo? It slows it down for a few days so bottom can catch up / with the auto you never get this time back you willl lose yield for sure.

fwitw I run autos and photos same tent 12/12 the autos do slow a bit but it’s totally doable
Thank u!! Excellent advice, really appreciate it thanx 💪🏼✌🏼

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

I jus took this pic..so by looking at this it looks like nothings happening and it’s safe to say I should change to 12-12??

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Growers choice said up to 8 weeks for them to flower..and there website says they flower for 11 weeks ..5 months for an auto sounds crazy to me,

7CE97D32 B562 4870 B971 E5BF4B575775
Habosabin

Habosabin

An auto that takes 8 weeks to flower is way to long. My photos never veg that long. Every auto I've grown shows pistils in 21 to 24 days. They have their place and I don't knock them but they are unpredictable.

Bright side is you should get a lot of bud.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

An auto that takes 8 weeks to flower is way to long. My photos never veg that long. Every auto I've grown shows pistils in 21 to 24 days. They have their place and I don't knock them but they are unpredictable.

Bright side is you should get a lot of bud.
I ran autos twice. Both times had to flip them to 12/12 after only seeing a couple pistils after 7 weeks. Guess I had photo-leaning genetics. Strange, because the beans were from a very reputable, expensive seed bank.

Top Bottom