7 week flower is that beginning or end of 7 weeks?

• Thread starter Friendlytoad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Friendlytoad

Friendlytoad

Titles says it all. When a strain has say a 7 week flowering to harvest. Do you harvest at the beginning of that 7th week or then end?

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

ALWAYS check your trichomes before harvesting. I'd start checking mine at the beginning of the "last week", but I've grown a couple strains that took another week on top of that. That being said, I know I stunted them right at the beginning of flower, but not for a full week... Either way, spend 15-30 bucks to buy a magnifying device of at least 40x magnification, ideally 60x or more... Read up on trichomes and check various buds before you chop them down. As for when to start flushing, that depends how much you're over "feeding" them... But don't worry too much, if you don't think you have enough time to flush them (at least 1, ideally 2 weeks), just soak them right down to wash some nutrients out the bottom like you would if they were locked out and do that at least twice...

Friendlytoad

Friendlytoad

Thanks guys here some pics. Reason I ask is because this is suppose to be a 7 week strain but I'm just at week six and some look done and some look like they need more time. All the same strain blackberry auto.

First pic is the one I thinks done. Second pics the one that I think needs another week or two.

I do see amber trichomes are the one that's I thinks done maybe 10%

20201212 084235 HDR
20201212 084243 HDR
Friendlytoad

Friendlytoad

Also wtf is with the leaves crinckling on the ends. Nute burn??

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Thats 2much nute's, heat , or just mature plant. You will know it best ;)

Friendlytoad

Friendlytoad

Probably just them reaching the end of the life cycle being autos causing those lower leaves to die

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah don't go by weeks unless your doing an auto. Breeder times are usually shirt of whats needed as others said often 2 weeks longer is required... watch for it to stop swelling pay attention to color of the pistils and trichomes over the plant as a whole.

And moat important is
... its done when its done.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah don't go by weeks unless your doing an auto. Breeder times are usually shirt of whats needed as others said often 2 weeks longer is required... watch for it to stop swelling pay attention to color of the pistils and trichomes over the plant as a whole.

And moat important is
... its done when its done.

Why is an auto any different? The 5 pack i grew had 5 different finishing times. One a month after the other 4.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why is an auto any different? The 5 pack i grew had 5 different finishing times. One a month after the other 4.
Its not... still need to put trust in the breeder. But from what I have seen on here most are close or atleast much much closer than with fems and photos.

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

blooming time depends on plant size , feeding , lights ,etc . . ,breders just give you approx flowering time ,most of the strains need week or two more.
And there's still factor of phenotypes.. mostly all strains have few phenotypes , so blooming varies from pheno to pheno too.

Madmax

Madmax

Its not... still need to put trust in the breeder. But from what I have seen on here most are close or atleast much much closer than with fems and photos.
Agree + you have to take into consideration if the breeder mean 7 weeks from bud onset or 7 weeks in flower room.theres like 9 days give or take before you even see buds forming..most seeds ive bought have been real close to breeders reccomdation growing outdoors..

Top Bottom