70w Hps hotter than??

• Thread starter TokenZen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TokenZen

K, folks quick question which is hotter running a 70w hps or a T-5 2foot 8bulb? I know some of you should be able to give m your inputs. I'm thinking about upgrading to either but need to decide which will be most efficient in my 2.5ft wx2ftwx3fth and won't throw my temps up past 85 degrees. My current temps with the 2ft 4 bulb T-5 is about 7-8 degrees higher than ambient temps maybe a bit less.

Please chime in and share your thoughts as I wanna finish my last 4-5 weeks of 12/12 with more light!

:passingjoint:

L

livinglegend

just look at the LUMEN output on both lights and choose the higher one.
i might acually prefer the T-5's because a 70w HPS isn't gunna do much. i didn't een know they made 70w's!

sun

sun

ive suplemented with 70 watt hps,s its good if you want to add extra light on top of what you are all ready doing.hps is more penetrating ,better spectrum &, itdoesnt diminish with distance as bad as flouro,s..(70 waTTS of hps isnt hot at all)

T

TokenZen

Thanks for the replies guys, the T-5 puts out 16,000 lumens and I came across a 150w hps and that puts out the same amount of lumens so it looks like the T-5 is the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom