75-85% humidity in veg... should I just roll with it... plants seem happy.

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Just setup a new spot and first time running a sealed veg room. Temps are between 73-78f at canopy level and humidity ranges from 75-85%.

I've never run my plants this long. I do a 4 week veg so they do get big and bushy. Should I just roll with this high of humidity? Plants seem to love it. I've got lots of airflow and I'm surprised the room doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, actually the opposite... feels nice in there.

Would love some feedback.

85% seems little high but I'm not sure. From my limited experience you can keep veg a higher humidity than flower, they actually seem to like it, I keep my Veg at 65-70% and my flower at 45-50%

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Mike i run my growroom at the same humidity till harvest and plants seems to perk to the light and very happy....
I already completed a successful run with waaaay higher humidity....spiking at 92 with light off..😆...plants happy...yield slightly higher but not due to the humidity ....
I had to water every 3days in soil, but i didnt notice any difference in regard of the speed of growth...
No mold issues......that i think are more related to dew point (that doesent exist ina sealed room) more than humidity itself.
If you ask me.......ROLL with it!

mikeross

mikeross

Mike i run my growroom at the same humidity till harvest and plants seems to perk to the light and very happy....
I already completed a successful run with waaaay higher humidity....spiking at 92 with light off..😆...plants happy...yield slightly higher but not due to the humidity ....
I had to water every 3days in soil, but i didnt notice any difference in regard of the speed of growth...
No mold issues......that i think are more related to dew point (that doesent exist ina sealed room) more than humidity itself.
If you ask me.......ROLL with it!
Yeah if anything I'd say plants are doing slightly better than usual. After transplant from solo cups into 2gals(final container) they perked up and praying already within a few hours. I think I might just throw a heater in there to maintain the same day/night temp, that should eliminate most of the humidity spike when the lights go out. Could also hook up an exhuast fan plugged into a humidistat with a photo sensor... that should work too and would purge the room at least a few times during lights out. I've got a propane burner in the room so maybe this is the better option.

One thing I noticed is they are not drinking as much as they normally should but growth rate is on point,, even slightly faster as this is my first time running sealed room, with co2 fluctuating between 650-800ppm, par average around 450-550. Should be interesting when I take clones... check I might not even need a dome or at least when I remove the dome they will climatize quickly.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

One thing I noticed is they are not drinking as much as they normally should but growth rate is on point,
Exact same here!!
Oh yeah at that humidity you wont need a dome.....and i found that cloning with rockwool has never been easier at that humidity, but i let the cube go bone dry before rewater again.
Are you using LED? Im guessing that could be another element that justify the higer humidity...

mikeross

mikeross

Exact same here!!
Oh yeah at that humidity you wont need a dome.....and i found that cloning with rockwool has never been easier at that humidity, but i let the cube go bone dry before rewater again.
Are you using LED? Im guessing that could be another element that justify the higer humidity...
Yes running led's.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Not a problem. I keep humidity 60% in all my grow rooms.

My last trial 25.4% thc 1.2% terps. Not bad just need to get terps up. But humidity is a plants best friend.

20210917 120807
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just setup a new spot and first time running a sealed veg room. Temps are between 73-78f at canopy level and humidity ranges from 75-85%.

I've never run my plants this long. I do a 4 week veg so they do get big and bushy. Should I just roll with this high of humidity? Plants seem to love it. I've got lots of airflow and I'm surprised the room doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, actually the opposite... feels nice in there.

Would love some feedback.
Ideal no but like you said good air flow and exhaust the space, I've had 100% humidity here most of the summer and I've had a hard time keeping my room below 70% with my dehu running 24/7 ( i need a bigger dehu) Even in flower I can't get it down but they've done great, it may have something to do with them not finishing on time ( 10 weeks now ) but they're healthy and my vegging plants love it.

The only issue I see is not going through the water fast enough, I like my 3 gallon buckets to dry in 3-4 days. 5 gallon in 5-6 days. If it takes longer than that there is a problem and I'll put fans on the bucket & move the plants location to a different spot in the room.

mikeross

mikeross

Ideal no but like you said good air flow and exhaust the space, I've had 100% humidity here most of the summer and I've had a hard time keeping my room below 70% with my dehu running 24/7 ( i need a bigger dehu) Even in flower I can't get it down but they've done great, it may have something to do with them not finishing on time ( 10 weeks now ) but they're healthy and my vegging plants love it.

The only issue I see is not going through the water fast enough, I like my 3 gallon buckets to dry in 3-4 days. 5 gallon in 5-6 days. If it takes longer than that there is a problem and I'll put fans on the bucket & move the plants location to a different spot in the room.
Yes, at this point the only thing that concerns me is the drybacks, which are much slower I'm noticing. Normally in solo cups, once rooted clones have settled in I have to water daily and by middle of week 2 I've got to water twice. Now, with the high humidity I'm nearly the end of week 2 and watering every other day which I always thought was a no-no in coco. I was watering daily at the start of week 2 but plants looked over-watered so I went back to every other day. Odd thing is that the plants look healthier, more side branching for week 2 but root development looks about the same.

Next round I'm going to cut the coco with perlite only in the solo cups, and go back to 100% coco when I transplant into final pots.

Top Bottom