7th Week Of Flowering - Buds Have Not Grown Past 2 Weeks, Help

• Thread starter Fat Manatee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fat Manatee

Fat Manatee

Hi,

This is my first post and first of all I want to say thank you for the amazing site you’ve got here. I’ve been browsing multiple different forums for quite a while but ended signing up here since I think this is the best grow forum and community on the web. I would also like to give special thanks to Nebula Haze and her growweedeasy website as it has been a tremendous source of information for growing.

I’m a bit of a noob so bear with me. Currently I’m running my 3rd grow, I’m at the start of week 7 and I’m in bit of a jiffy, after week 5 of flowering my buds have been stagnant and stopped growing in size. I’m quite worried as the buds seem to be smaller then in my previous grow (even though I’m using more light this time) and I’m afraid that I will yield less. The budding itself started out much faster and I had first flowers appearing 1-2 days after flipping to 12/12 (compared to it taking over 2 weeks on the previous grows I’ve had). I got amazing rapid growth in the first 5 weeks but for the past 2 weeks there’s been pretty much no development apart from some of the pistils maturing.

I’m currently running 8 plants from seed in a SOG setup, I did a 6 week veg and used supercropping on the faster plants to control canopy height. I’ve been using leds from veg til week 6, after which I added a 600w HPS to boost lighting in the hopes that it would help with the slowed growth.

I did have a few fungus gnats flying around at the beginning of flowering, around 15 bugs stuck into yellow sticky traps during 1 week of using the traps. I top dressed with diatamaceous earth, haven’t had too many flying around anymore. I’m having a hard time believing that this is the root of my issue since with my past two growths I’ve had more gnats then this time.

I also had a little light bleaching on one of the buds and some of the leaves burned yellow from the tips, adjusted lamp height after which the problem was resolved with no further burn.

If you have any ideas on what could be slowing down the growth, or how to improve it, all suggestions will be much appreciated!

Plants are:
2x GG4
2x Ice
2x Bubblegum XL
2x Sour Diesel

Grow setup:
120x120x200cm tent
Exhaust + Intake fans
1x Viparspectra 900W led lamp (400w actual)
2x 300w Led lamps (150w actual)
1x 600w HPS (only from bloom week 6 forward, removed 1x 300w led)

Climate:
Day temperatures: 26-27c (78-80f)
Night temperatures: 17-19c (63-66f)
RH: 55-70%

Nutrient schedule:
Soil: Biobizz All Mix
Top dressing: 2 inches of hydroton
Full Biobizz line of nutrients dosed according to official BB feeding schedule

Extra additives during bloom phase:
- Week 1 onwards
->
4ml/l Microbelife: Vitamins & Amino Acids
3ml/l Microbelife: Photosynthesis Plus
3ml/l Blackstrap Molasses
2ml/l Cannazym (every other watering)

- Week 4 onwards ->

4,5ml/l Epsom Salts

- Week 3-6

Biotabs PK Booster compost tea with Microbelife Root Dip & Molasses

7th week of flowering   buds have not grown past 2 weeks help
7th week of flowering   buds have not grown past 2 weeks help 2
7th week of flowering   buds have not grown past 2 weeks help 3
7th week of flowering   buds have not grown past 2 weeks help 4
MissBotany

MissBotany

I’m new to growing too but I did notice your night time temperature seems to be getting really low. That could be stunting your growth. I think the lowest you want it to get it 20c or 68F. Maybe someone else more experienced can chime in. Also your humidity might be too high.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Below 65* and the root stalls out growing. A lot of growing is done during lights out.

Also that high of rh can, may, will cause but rot. Be prepared. Hope you have lots and lots of air movement. It's best to be at or around 55% rh tops the last 2 weeks of flower so bud rot can't set up.

Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

Below 65* and the root stalls out growing. A lot of growing is done during lights out.

Also that high of rh can, may, will cause but rot. Be prepared. Hope you have lots and lots of air movement. It's best to be at or around 55% rh tops the last 2 weeks of flower so bud rot can't set up.

boy oh boy am I sure glad you said that... I thought I was going crazy because every time I open the door they grew MUCH bigger (well mine have anyway).

Thank you for the info

Top Bottom