8 1/2 Weeks into Flower Unsure if she is Ready

• Thread starter sgtPeppercorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Hello Everyone
First off Thank You for taking a look. My three ladies are healthy and finishing up nicely as far as I can tell ( what do I know though... ). This one bag seed plant seems to be a little farther on than the other two. I'm wondering how close to harvest she may be. Pistils are all curled and red and the trichs look, well....
Just looking for an experienced opinion about how far a long she may be. Vegged her for 6 weeks and she's almost 9 weeks into flower. As it's my first grow I really have no idea lols.

Ready1
Ready2
Ready3
Ready4
Ready6
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Hello Everyone
First off Thank You for taking a look. My three ladies are healthy and finishing up nicely as far as I can tell ( what do I know though... ). This one bag seed plant seems to be a little farther on than the other two. I'm wondering how close to harvest she may be. Pistils are all curled and red and the trichs look, well....
Just looking for an experienced opinion about how far a long she may be. Vegged her for 6 weeks and she's almost 9 weeks into flower. As it's my first grow I really have no idea lols.
Well first that first picture look like a sugar leave and if so u need to take a pic of ur buds zoom in on them and take a pic like this if u can

20200129 102806
20200129 133920
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Update: I decided to wait. another few days because I figured the trichs that I was looking at were in fact on a sugar leaf. I'm told these are the first to show amber.
Took a few new pics this morning and now I'm pretty sure she is ready to go. She goes into the drying tent in the morning!

Indica harvest 1
Indica harvest 3
Indica harvest 4
Lowest bud
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Update: I decided to wait. another few days because I figured the trichs that I was looking at were in fact on a sugar leaf. I'm told these are the first to show amber.
Took a few new pics this morning and now I'm pretty sure she is ready to go. She goes into the drying tent in the morning!

Nice job! Looks very resiny and potent. Enjoy.

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

So.... the tall lanky sativa went into the drying tent on Friday, the Indica went in to dry on Saturday. Just the hybrid left to go! I topped the sativa early on. The indica had topped herself in a weird way, so when all three were seedlings we decided to let the hybrid do it's own thing and grow like a little Christmas tree and she did! The cola is 16 inches long. She doesn't look ready yet, but once again I'll say it..."what do I know"......
We've got a couple GSC seeds and a BC Big Bud seed germinating for our next run. Here's a look at the last lady at the party......

Hybrid 1
Hybrid 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was going to recommend giving the Sativa another week or so, as they tend to finish later than Indicas and seem to get most of their taste during their final days. Keep us in the loop as to the outcome. I've started drying in the fridge as it keeps humidity low enough to prevent mold but is cool enough to let them dry slowly. It made drying much easier and foolproof... after 30 years or so, drying still makes me nervous as hell. All it takes is one night with too much Rh, and mold can pop up and ruin your project... the fridge eliminated that problem for me.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey sgtpeppercorn ,
You keep saying "what do i know"
But you know something.....
When a new ? Grower asks questions like , how far along is she and if trichs are ready , we assume the grower dosn"t know much yet....
Compounded with the fact that you used bag seed , a reader would expect different results , but judging from those bud /plant pics , in my opinion , you hit a home run , whatever you did to get to this point , you did well , probably not beginners luck either , it takes a lot of attention and passion to pull off a first grow that looks this good !

Also, thanks for posting your pics in natural light , i keep seeing people posting bud shots under the blue red blurple light , i guess they think the enhanced color give a sense of exotic , or bud appeal , but it actually looks stupid when peeps post their bud in a rainbow of color,
I mean , not in your case (not stupid looking), because you provided both natural light and grow light pics....

So as im looking at you bud , i can almost taste it , they have beautiful compact well formed colas , the density , color and trich development look great , judging from the pic of the trich you are certainly ready to harvest , amber / dark trichomes =sightly stoney er head / light milky early harvest = a bit lighter high , but this is not a hard rule , strains determine the high mostly....

Anyway , EXCELLENT job , good luck going forward

Last edited:
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Hey sgtpeppercorn ,
You keep saying "what do i know"
But you know something.....
When a new ? Grower asks questions like , how far along is she and if trichs are ready , we assume the grower dosn"t know much yet....
Compounded with the fact that you used bag seed , a reader would expect different results , but judging from those bud /plant pics , in my opinion , you hit a home run , whatever you did to get to this point , you did well , probably not beginners luck either , it takes a lot of attention and passion to pull off a first grow that looks this good !

Also, thanks for posting your pics in natural light , i keep seeing people posting bud shots under the blue red blurple light , i guess they think the enhanced color give a sense of exotic , or bud appeal , but it actually looks stupid when peeps post their bud in a rainbow of color,

So as im looking at you bud , i can almost taste it , they have beautiful compact well formed colas , the density , color and trich development look great , judging from the pic of the trich you are certainly ready to harvest , amber / dark trichomes =sightly stoney er head light milky early harvest = a bit lighter high , but this is not a herd rule , strains determine the high mostly....

Anyway , EXCELLENT job , good luck going forward
Thank You. I appreciate that. I've used these forums and tried to "mine" as much common sense as I could. I paid attention to the simple things and read about what experienced growers like yourself and others here are and have been doing. Made my own kelp meal and threw in some molasses at water time. Kept it as simple as possible. Thanks to peeps like yourself I achieved the first milestone of growing - a harvest!

dire wolf

dire wolf

👍 keep it up ,its only going to get better , and yea , keeping it simple , its really important , i see a lot of new growers , stumbling over themselves by purchasing much more crap than they really need , first you have to get to know the plant before you know about every micro organism in the soil .....

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thank You. I appreciate that. I've used these forums and tried to "mine" as much common sense as I could. I paid attention to the simple things and read about what experienced growers like yourself and others here are and have been doing. Made my own kelp meal and threw in some molasses at water time. Kept it as simple as possible. Thanks to peeps like yourself I achieved the first milestone of growing - a harvest!
Keeping it simple is the best way to grow, at least until you have your setup dialed in. I still use about 20% of the amount of fertilizer recommended by manufacturers and growers. Remember, it's easier to add utrients than to remove them and deal with lockout and stuff. Many growers would scoff at my growing method as being too old school, but I get great results and have been consistent for 30+ years using the simple setup I use. Once you get familiar with the plant and it's behavior and reactions to variables, then you are ready to explore alternate ideas for growing... until then you will be guessing what any problems could be. Experience is priceless. FWIW, a typical 8x 5gal bucket grow costs $40 in materials ($27/Promix, $4/composted manure, $8/time release fertilizer, and leftover 20-20-20 nutes from previous grows. The only additionl cost is the electricity and the one time hardware purchase.

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

I was going to recommend giving the Sativa another week or so, as they tend to finish later than Indicas and seem to get most of their taste during their final days. Keep us in the loop as to the outcome. I've started drying in the fridge as it keeps humidity low enough to prevent mold but is cool enough to let them dry slowly. It made drying much easier and foolproof... after 30 years or so, drying still makes me nervous as hell. All it takes is one night with too much Rh, and mold can pop up and ruin your project... the fridge eliminated that problem for me.
I understand completely about being nervous about the drying process. This was a long way to come only to have it all ruined because of mold or fried to a crisp because of too much heat or wind. I've got em hanging in a dark tent at between 65 - 70F and 40 - 45% humidity. I'm watching those 2 numbers more now than I was during the grow lol.

dire wolf

dire wolf

He
Well first that first picture look like a sugar leave and if so u need to take a pic of ur buds zoom in on them and take a pic like this if u can
Hey leelandgrow , no disrespect to your pics , i was talking in general about other pics taken in colored light spectrum , i didnt realize the pics here were from your helpful post......

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Update:
Well that was a lot of fun. I'll never forget my first grow lol. Learned a hell of a lot from peeps in this community. Ended up with just a little over 7 ounces between the three bag seed babies. The indica is dense and smells earthy. The hybrid smells like sour cheese and the sativa has a weird pine/funion taste. They've been curing for between 2 and 3 weeks. I just germinated three Purple kush auto-flowers. Going to grow and harvest them in the 2 x 4 x 5 tent while 2 other gsc photos are vegging in the drying tent for 8 weeks. Thank You again to all who helped! I plan on starting a journal for the PK grow next week.

Indica harvest1
Jarred
Hybrid cola harvest
Hybrid cola

Latest posts

Top Bottom