8000k 20' x 20' x 9.5' RDWC Sealed Flower Room + 200 sq. ft. Mother/Veg Room

• Thread starter jcom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jcom

jcom

After about two months of remodeling, I've purchased all equipment and about to start assembling the following equipment for my Mother/Veg & Flowering Rooms. The two areas have a combined 100 Amp dedicated service. Each plant in the flower room will have an approx. 3' x 3' footprint. Attached is a basic sketch of the flower room.​
FLOWER ROOM - 20' x 20' x 9.5'​
- 8 x 1000 watt Hortilux Super HPS​
- 8 x Raptor 8" Sealed Reflectors​
- 8 x Humboldt Micromole 1000 watt 240v Dimmable Digital Ballasts​
- 9 x 105 watt 5000k CFL Supplemental Side Lights​
- PowerBox 12000 50 Amp Controller- 10 x 240v Outlets​
- Sanyo 24000 BTU Mini-Split Heat/AC Unit with Remote​
- Atmos D-1 Atmospheric Controller​
- C.A.P Gen 10 co2 Burner​
- Winix 50 pint Dehumidifier​
- Reeflo Hammerhead 6000 GPH Pump​
- 100 GPD Reverse Osmosis Filter​
- 24 x 14 gallon Roughneck Totes​
- 50 Gallon Roughneck Reservoir​
- 2 x 740 CFM 10" Ecoplus Inline Fans (One for Reflectors / One for Scrubber)​
- Phresh 950 CFM Cannister Filter​
- 4 x Ecoplus 16" Wall Mount Fans​
- 12" Dust Shroom​
- PVC Distribution w/24 Jet Spray Nozzles​
- 48 x 1.5" Bulkheads (Thread/Thread) for outlet and drain lines​
MOTHER/VEG ROOM 20' x 10' x 8'​
- 1 x 12 Lamp (54 watt) Quantum Bad Boy T5 Fixture (Veg Tray)​
- 3 x 8 Lamp (54 watt) Quantum Bad Boy Fixture (Mothers/Clones)​
- 100 GPD Reverse Osmosis Filter​
- 12 Site RDWC System (Mothers)​
- 4' x 6' Ebb/Flood Tray (Veg)​
- 70 Gallon Reservoir (Ebb/Flood)​
- 27 Gallon Reservoir (RDWC)​
- Pan World 1800 GPH Pump (RDWC)​
- AquaEuro USA 290 GPH Pump (Ebb/Flood)​
- TurboKlone 48 Plant Cloner​
- EcoPlus 440 CFM 6" Inline Fan​
- Phresh 550 CFM Canister Filter​
- 2 x EcoPlus 16" Wall Mount Fans​

8000k 20 x 20 x 95 rdwc sealed flower room  200 sq ft motherveg room
H

hondapower420

not a bad set up at all. i have 2 questions tho first is why 10" fans im not sure why people buy these most 8"fans have around 720 cm and your 10" only has 740 a 20 cfm difference with a price difference of like 50 to 100 bucks and then you need a reducer for your 8" lights so you would be loosing more than 20 cfm with that filters are the same but is there a reason why you went with the 10 " fans i guess? my second question is why no hid's in the veg room? with the RDWC moms you would want some light penetration of at least a 600... not trying to put down your op at all its a very good layout just curious .

jcom

jcom

The thought is 10" intake into the room, "Y" split into two 8"s to hit each row of lights, then "Y" back to 10" to the fan then out. Intake is on the opposite side of the room as the outlet. If I was doing a loop, then I would have gone 8" all the way.

I'm considering adding HID to the mother/veg room for the veg plants, but not the mothers. T5s are much more powerful and penetrating than people give them credit for. Part of this is because they are not a single point source of light...less shadowing than single point HID. I've grown mothers with them before and they work very well...don't see the need for HID...not to mention the added heat.

bobby

bobby

Are you trying to cool the 8 lights with a 24,000 btu ac? That probably won't work, even with air cooled hoods. Maybe if you run at night, but you're pushing it really really close. And then how will you control the climate in the mother/veg room?

jcom

jcom

Are you trying to cool the 8 lights with a 24,000 btu ac? That probably won't work, even with air cooled hoods. Maybe if you run at night, but you're pushing it really really close. And then how will you control the climate in the mother/veg room?

Happy to say that this is not the case at all. Actually, our building is very well insulated an it's is having no trouble keeping the temps where we want. 76F - 78F for veg and early flower, then we gradually raise up to 81F - 83F with 1500ppms co2 through late bloom (then lower co2 and temps last 10 days to 2 weeks). As simple as changing the thermostat temp via the remote. It is usually running in the low to medium speed range, more at a maintenance level and it only takes our co2 burner 20 - 40 seconds to get the room from 1200ppm to 1500ppm which is where we have the low range set at. This means very little heat added to the room, yet the co2 ppms stay in our optimal range for hours at a time, again, due to good insulation and a truly sealed room.

Top Bottom