8800 Watt Hybrid Scrog!!!

• Thread starter yukon369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Unicorns

Well it's time for my second grow. I changed things up a bit. I used cages last time now I want to try a SCROG. Lights are 4 CLW 880s, 8 600w HPS, and all the goodies that go with the Under current. :)
I see Blue Dream, How many brands are you doing this run?

slimjimham

slimjimham

Looks good, Ive only don't about since running current culture... Plants get huge quick in flower so sit could get out off control quick if you don't have 10'+ ceiling height which I don't... Thinking about caging a round soon too see the difference, the net gets too full if you don't trim back a lot in the first 3 weeks of flip.

What nutrients are you using? Using anything to sterilize water(uc roots, bleach...)?

And other than just to try why did you switch to the scrog?

And lastly how many plants ya got there in that system... Looks like 12?

yukon369

yukon369

Looks good, Ive only don't about since running current culture... Plants get huge quick in flower so sit could get out off control quick if you don't have 10'+ ceiling height which I don't... Thinking about caging a round soon too see the difference, the net gets too full if you don't trim back a lot in the first 3 weeks of flip.

What nutrients are you using? Using anything to sterilize water(uc roots, bleach...)?

And other than just to try why did you switch to the scrog?

And lastly how many plants ya got there in that system... Looks like 12?
I didn't mind the cages last time I will probably try them again when I get a little bit more room. I just don't really have enough room now because they spread out so wide. So I just decided try this scrog to keep everything growing more vertical, and I'm also using California light works 880s and they recommended Scrog to get the best penetration on the canopy. I'm using a cultured solution nutrients, also running a sterile system with pool shock, I have UC roots on hand if needed. I got nine potatoes out of my last run. I'm hoping to double that on this run we'll see what happens. shooting for 1gpw. 14 plants in the system.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Nice, I'm going to try the pool shock for sure on one System and see how it goes, what solution ratios are you using? And does it seem to work as well as the uc roots

N

NWElite89

+1 on the pool shock.
@slimjimham I use a 1/1 ratio (1 gram of pool shock for 1 gallon of water.) Add every 7-10 days and things have never been better

slimjimham

slimjimham

Cool, and then you use at the 1-2ml gallon recommendations like uc roots?

I have to hit the uc roots harder in veg, around 4-6ml per gallon on initial res change. Is it fine to use the pool shock at this ratio?...

N

NWElite89

@slimjimham Yup, just follow just like UC roots. I probably would not use that ratio, you would probably kill your plants overnight. Once the initial batch is made at the 1/1 ratio, you could probably do 4-6ml of solution if you if you were having more serious problems. I believe I read somewhere that you could also do 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water, if you were making looking to make the solution stronger.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I'm a little confused about you saying that ratio would prob kill plants overnight, then saying you could prob do 4-6ml per gallon if you were having problems (which is what I said)

Not trying to be a pain, or derail things just trying to learn from someone experienced, so I don't fuck it up. Thanks again

Also do you find it's as good, better, or almost as good for way cheaper?

N

NWElite89

I miss-read that as 4-6 grams of pool shock per gallon of water. Whoops. Yeah 4-6ml would definitely work seeing that the DIY formula is based off UC Roots.

I find it to be working well so far. I find that growing in water culture is much easier in a sterile environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom