8k 5mp +Supersoil 2nd Grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
same as last run
8k, 5 buckets +1 standalone homedepot 5gal bucket
running Bubba Kush from Harborside

5gal Subcools Supersoil
Plushberry (4x, from seed (pink lady (blackcherrysoday x spacequeen))
Cheesequake (2x, from seed)
Vortex (2x, from seed)
JacktheRipper (2x, cut from subcool)
DHNs Jillybean (2x, cut harborside)
DHNs Romulan x Grapefruit (2x, cut harborside)
QBs FIRE OG (2x, cut harborside)
SFV OG (2x, cut harborside)
Chem '91 (2x, cut harborside)
Cadillac (2x, cloned from last run, cut from harborside)
Blackberry Kush (2x, cloned from last run, cut from mobidick)
OGoo (2x, cloned from last run, free cut from iGrow/weGrow)

Males:
1x Plushberry
3x Vortex
2x Cheesquake
They are sooooo beautiful its a shame to throw them away, i cant do it...
thinking about throwing the one plushberry male outside, collect pollen, and brush a lower branch of some bubba to make some Bubba Plush

vegging the Bubba's in 6" rockwool made a huge difference. after putting them into the system roots hit in a couple days and now almost two weeks later they are fucking huge, phenomenal growth, did not get to see this kind of growth last run. everything just looks so great i couldnt be happier. hopefully we will flip in another week.

after seeing how my one bubba did in supersoil last run i was sold, its just so damn easy, and they all look fucking amazing, i cant wait till the girls are budding and done, its going to be really hard to narrow down the strains for next run.

the clones i took where all kinds of fucked up because i took them 1 week into flower. the jack the ripper was also in flower for a week then put into veg, check out the mutated leaves all spiral like.... nuts!

8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 2
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 3
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 4
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 5
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 6
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 7
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 8
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 9
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 10
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 11
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 12
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 13
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 14
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 15
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 16
8k 5mp supersoil 2nd grow 17
joeca1i

joeca1i

Whos QB?As fo pollinating ,all you'll need is like 1 branch off that plant,maybe less,depending how much beans you want off that bubba branch.

aleYarok

aleYarok

DHN = Dark Heart Nursery
QB = Queen Bee
both are clone vendors for Harborside

yeap i only plan on bushing one branch lightly, no more than 100 seeds??? 10 for myself and then others to give out if i end up with anything good.
already put the plush berry male outside.
at what week of bloom should i brush the bubba branch?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yo Ale,
Looking good there man! So the 6's exploded once the roots hit the water? Sounds awesome!:cool0041:
What was your feeding method on the cubes?
I like all of the variety that you have going in the sunshine mix.
Bubba kush should be a great choice for the MPB's. It is supposed to be the one to start with. I was just up at Harborside new year's. Cool place. Got some awesome durban poison, and some seeds to bring on the ride home.
As far as your males, be careful with that pollen. It is strong stuff. It can fertilize in the blink of an eye, and carry a long way. I've heard of people putting the pollen in a bag, then tying it over the branch you want to seed. Shake the branch with the bag attached, then remove carefully when settled.
I would think that you should wait at least till 4-5 weeks in, so the buds are bigger. I'd look it up, though. Keep on doing whatever you have been doing. It seems to be working!

-TF

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeap 6"s all the way. phenomenal growth, couldnt believe how big they where when i got back from AZ, wish i had taken photos before i left.

here is a photo from dec 1st of the bubba clones, just hand watered them a couple times a day... will have a drip set up next time.

Not sure what sunshine mix is? but Subcool Super Soil is fucking amazing, I might dedicate a new 4-6 lighter to all super soil.
http://www.youtube.com/user/subcool420#p/search/6/s-jOcEMnTbc
the buds i smoked grown by Sub where the best ive had ever seen/tasted/smelled and it sold it me. and its so damn easy, all i do is water the girls.

i did some reading on pollination, so my plan is to;
stick the male outside in my back yard to trigger bloom
in 4-5 weeks i should have some pollen. dry it out.
then hopefully the smaller bubba i will be able to pull out of the room to pollinate (and prob my keeper plushberry female to make f2s) lightly brush one lower branch with a qtip and some pollen. let sit for 3 minutes. lightly mist with water so pollen doesnt blow around. and then stick them back in the room.
mmm if i can get a slightly magenta colored, black cherry tasting bubba i would be so happy. i just love bubba and think it would be insane if it had berry tones and some color with the added potency of space queen.
bubba plush here i come

DSC 0554
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
The sunshine mix (lots prefer #4) is sphagnum peat moss with lime and some starter nutes mixed in. The subcool mix in the video looks like it should be pretty fortified for a full run. Maybe a little molasses in the second month of flower. Is that plushberry a purple or reddish colored strain? Interesting trick on misting the pollenated branch to keep the excess pollen from flying around in your room upon plant re-insertion. Good stuff.

-TF

C

CHEMLORD

The spiraled leaves are a sign of severe stress and not a genetic mutation. However, this degree of stress quickly becomes a genetic condition and thusly the plants can never fulfill their actual genetic potential. This is why elite cuts that have been around for a long time usually exhibit intersex tendencies, etc. (unBX'd or non S1 OG's being the most notable exception) Clones taken from plants that have been flipped for longer than even one day are not considered viable for sale in my area, a week is far too long.

As far as putting a male in your backyard? Don't, especially if you have dogs. Cannabis pollen is a very insidious thing if not well understood. From a productionist's point of view, unless you own a seed company or have limited access to good clones (you clearly do) keeping a male around is almost never a good idea. If production is your main focal point and the primary way in which your bills are paid, keep the males at your buddy's house several miles away.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Ale,
for some reason the bubba pic didn't come through. The sunshine mix (lots prefer #4) is sphagnum peat moss with lime and some starter nutes mixed in. The subcool mix in the video looks like it should be pretty fortified for a full run. Maybe a little molasses in the second month of flower. Is that plushberry a purple or reddish colored strain? Interesting trick on misting the pollenated branch to keep the excess pollen from flying around in your room upon plant re-insertion. Good stuff.

-TF

oops my stoned ass completely forgot to add the attachment.
yeah i plan on adding some sucanat (https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/18396-sucanat-soo-ka-nat/) to the strains that need it mid flower.

plushberry is Sub's new strain blackcherry soda x spacequeen
looks like it is getting some of the color from the blackcherry soda mom
https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/23072-black-cherry-soda-first-look/

hah yeap forget where i read to lightly mist after a couple minutes i read a ton of threads yesterday on it
The spiraled leaves are a sign of severe stress and not a genetic mutation. However, this degree of stress quickly becomes a genetic condition and thusly the plants can never fulfill their actual genetic potential. This is why elite cuts that have been around for a long time usually exhibit intersex tendencies, etc. (unBX'd or non S1 OG's being the most notable exception) Clones taken from plants that have been flipped for longer than even one day are not considered viable for sale in my area, a week is far too long.

As far as putting a male in your backyard? Don't, especially if you have dogs. Cannabis pollen is a very insidious thing if not well understood. From a productionist's point of view, unless you own a seed company or have limited access to good clones (you clearly do) keeping a male around is almost never a good idea. If production is your main focal point and the primary way in which your bills are paid, keep the males at your buddy's house several miles away.

hah yes all of my clones that i took ended up really fucked up, i simply just didnt have any place to put the cuts before the flip.
all the clones seem have grown out of it, just the one jack plant that wasnt cloned hasnt really grown out of it.

hmm i dont have any where else to place the male, will pollen really work its way inside my sealed my room?? i have no dogs. and im never around the area of the back yard it is in. i was planning on taking the first pods right before they open and then killing the plant right after... still to risky?
could i put it in a sealed cardboard box with a small light??
it kills me to have to kill the males.

C

CHEMLORD

oops my stoned ass completely forgot to add the attachment.
yeah i plan on adding some sucanat (https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/18396-sucanat-soo-ka-nat/) to the strains that need it mid flower.

plushberry is Sub's new strain blackcherry soda x spacequeen
looks like it is getting some of the color from the blackcherry soda mom
https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/23072-black-cherry-soda-first-look/

hah yeap forget where i read to lightly mist after a couple minutes i read a ton of threads yesterday on it

hah yes all of my clones that i took ended up really fucked up, i simply just didnt have any place to put the cuts before the flip.
all the clones seem have grown out of it, just the one jack plant that wasnt cloned hasnt really grown out of it.

hmm i dont have any where else to place the male, will pollen really work its way inside my sealed my room?? i have no dogs. and im never around the area of the back yard it is in. i was planning on taking the first pods right before they open and then killing the plant right after... still to risky?
could i put it in a sealed cardboard box with a small light??
it kills me to have to kill the males.

Risking pollination is like determining the blast radius of a grenade by seeing how close you can get to it before it kills you. If you think a breeding project would be a fulfilling experience, then by all means, keep a male or two around for hobby purposes. If you rely on your crops to pay the bills and survive then consider the brutality that now exists in the weed market and play it safe.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Hey man, excited to see some pics of the grow once things are flyin! Are you planning on still running a nute line with Subcool's soil and if so when you going to start it? I love playing in the dirt so am really interested in watchin this one. I'll stay posted

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ale,
If you really want it, just keep it as far away as possible. Quarantined by itself. Check it twice a day, and grab the flowers when they're just opening. After you get the pollen you need, well.... Get rid of the body, so it doesn't upset the rest of your ladies. Just try to stay as clean as possible and you should be ok. It's still a risk, but if you want them seeds, you'll have to take it, or come up with another solution. Whaddya think?

-TF:rauch08:

aleYarok

aleYarok

Ale,
If you really want it, just keep it as far away as possible. Quarantined by itself. Check it twice a day, and grab the flowers when they're just opening. After you get the pollen you need, well.... Get rid of the body, so it doesn't upset the rest of your ladies. Just try to stay as clean as possible and you should be ok. It's still a risk, but if you want them seeds, you'll have to take it, or come up with another solution. Whaddya think?

-TF:rauch08:
lol thank god ive never had a grenade. i would blow myself up...
i read to only spray the water 5 minutes after pollination, as that is all it takes for her to get preggers.

ah i still cant decided if i should toss her or not
https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/19878-males-and-pollen-101/
i like how he cut the branch of the male so pollen doesnt go everywhere.

the idea of the supersoil is water only, no nutes. i did this last run with a single bubba and it thrived like crazy and was the best looking/smelling smoke in my garden but sadly i lost it to pm. if the plant look like they need feeding the mid flowering i will feed them. i want to try out sucanat
https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/18396-sucanat-soo-ka-nat/
also if they really need will do what sub does
http://www.youtube.com/user/subcool420#p/u/42/AUs_dMtAYQw

hehe trich and chem, i feel like i have each of you sitting on shoulder whispering in my ear... the question is which one is the angel??? haha

lazarus718

lazarus718

l
the idea of the supersoil is water only, no nutes. i did this last run with a single bubba and it thrived like crazy and was the best looking/smelling smoke in my garden but sadly i lost it to pm. if the plant look like they need feeding the mid flowering i will feed them. i want to try out sucanat
Cool man, I've been running my 1st indoor grows with Subcool's mix also-can't get my hands on some of the ingredients here but it's mostly what the recipe calls for. I ran very little nutes during mid to late flower on the last grow and had good results, this time I'm thinking about going heavier with the phosphorous and potassium but we'll see how the girls are lookin when they get there. 1st run was with some beat up looking bag seed but the new one is with Dutch Passion genetics so I think they'll be up for some increased nutes. I'll keep checking in bro!

C

CHEMLORD

hehe trich and chem, i feel like i have each of you sitting on shoulder whispering in my ear... the question is which one is the angel??? haha

Don't listen to either one of us, do what you think is right.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Don't listen to either one of us, do what you think is right.

I totally agree! Chemlord, great attitude man.

I think that we are in agreement that having the flowering male in the vicinity is risky. If you really want to cross with that male, and have no other remote facility to keep him, then sometimes rolling the dice is in order. Being fully aware of possible outcomes is important before rolling. With that said. Hope all goes well with whatever your decision is there, ale.

-TF

C

CHEMLORD

I totally agree! Chemlord, great attitude man.

I think that we are in agreement that having the flowering male in the vicinity is risky.

-TF

We absolutely are and I agree with 100% of what you are saying, I was just trying to warn him that any avoidable risk should be avoided if you aren't quite sure of what you are doing and you rely on your production crop to make ends meet. Having a bunch of seeds is great as long as they aren't floating around the bottom of the turkey bag you are trying to unload so you can pay your pg&e bill. Stoned, sorry for the run-on sentences.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
A good idea might be to try and have a successful grow without pests or diseases. Then maybe think about pollen chucking.

"walk before you run" is basic advice but very true.

imho, kick that male outta there, he is going to fuck your ladies.

Focus your mind. Put on the blinders and focus on female flowers.

Good luck.

aleYarok

aleYarok

the male outside away from the sealed room... still cant decided but i will prob end up killing it soon.

can anybody tell me whats wrong with my plants???

DSC 0359
DSC 0360
DSC 0365
DSC 0366

Latest posts

Top Bottom