8x6 room or 9x5 tent inside a room?

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Alright. The other thread got off topic and many questions and matters did get resolved.

So next question...

If YOU had the option of running a 9x5 tent inside a bedroom for 12 plants vs. Dedicating the entire bedroom (say 10x8) to a Grow Room? ... Which one would YOU pick and why?

Im leaning towards using the whole room but curious what others think....

XxHammer

XxHammer

No other details given because nothing else has been decided.... I am literally in the planning stages and deciding what would be the best next move.

All I know is I want to do 12 plants and I want to most likely do LED lights

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you're thinking about putting a tent in a room that is almost the same size as the room, save your money.

XxHammer

XxHammer

If you're thinking about putting a tent in a room that is almost the same size as the room, save your money.

Thats exactly my question.

I ask because this is what several people have suggested and i tend to agree with you... BUT im still a newbie so I need more opinions

If opinions are like assholes.... Where my assholes at?

XxHammer

XxHammer

BUT... I know there are Pros and Cons to both. I just dont know what they all are lmao ...

Tent seems like it would require maybe 1 less light (more compacted area)

The only real CON I see but a big con is the $$$...

Fawwwwk.. Ima probably end up with a 9x5 Tent.

FourPlants

FourPlants

BUT... I know there are Pros and Cons to both. I just dont know what they all are lmao ...

Tent seems like it would require maybe 1 less light (more compacted area)

The only real CON I see but a big con is the $$$...

Fawwwwk.. Ima probably end up with a 9x5 Tent.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but $650 isn't that large of a cost for an operation of the size you want.

How many ounces does that cost you? Not many

XxHammer

XxHammer

I'm not trying to be an ass, but $650 isn't that large of a cost for an operation of the size you want.

How many ounces does that cost you? Not many

No it isnt but it is still 700$... Regardless of my budget I do not like to waste money... That is poor business practice.

And 700$ saved in this area may allow me to spend more in another area.....

Its a very tough decision.... Especially since I can pick an apartment with a perfect size room.... I am picking an apartment to fit my growing needs... Not trying to make my Grow fit my apartment.

So if the room size is the issue, I can get a smaller one.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Light Leak is probably one of my biggest concerns with using the entire bedroom.

That is really the only advantage I really see.

Well that and having the poles to hang lights and stuff... But I am pretty handy so I can come up with mounts and stuff

FourPlants

FourPlants

No it isnt but it is still 700$... Regardless of my budget I do not like to waste money... That is poor business practice.

And 700$ saved in this area may allow me to spend more in another area.....

Its a very tough decision.... Especially since I can pick an apartment with a perfect size room.... I am picking an apartment to fit my growing needs... Not trying to make my Grow fit my apartment.

So if the room size is the issue, I can get a smaller one.

I follow you. First let me state I don't think building out an entire room is a mistake or am I saying you haven't considered the ramifications. I just want to make sure trying to be helpful.

The choice to forgo the cost of purchasing a tent may save you some money, but it won't be the full purchase price of the tent since you will still have a cost to treat the room. Said treatment isn't always as portable as moving a tent if the property owners stance changes and you don't like the lease terms when it comes to renew. Not to mention extra to light and condition the environment if its at all bigger than what space you anticipate to need.

I feel you on $700 is $700. How much is the time, frustration, and monetary cost of having to do something twice?

Hope that helps in your decision making process.

FourPlants

FourPlants

That wouldn't include any cost for if something on the property needs to be repaired after your treatment when you move out. A tent avoids those issues. If you owned the property I would tell you I don't see a lot of downside to just treating the space.

But that is just my opinion and well you already made it clear how you feel about those lol

Peace

XxHammer

XxHammer

I like opinions as long as they occasionally come from different people lol

I get what youre saying.

What kind of "treatment," are we talking about? The only thing I could really see needing is something for the Windows to keep them blackout on the inside.... Other than that I dont see what I would need that differs from what I would put in my Tent.... Can you tell me?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I certainly wouldnt go in and do anything to the walls really except Maybe apply some type of reflective material if that is suggested, but thatd be removable....

growsince79

growsince79

Where are yo gonna exhaust? Next door apartment? You could cut a hole in the wall and steal their power too. LOL Are you gonna trash the place and move before they catch you?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I just called and talked to my buddy who owns a hydro store and I think I am going to get the tent.... UNLESS I end up getting a house or like a manufactured home.. If I stay in a rental I will likely go with the Tent.

But keep the buttholes coming... I am always open to having my mind changed if someone has a valid point.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Where are yo gonna exhaust? Next door apartment? You could cut a hole in the wall and steal their power too. LOL Are you gonna trash the place and move before they catch you?

Why are you such a dickhead dude.... Im going to exhaust out the window.. Same way I would in a house.

. Not everyone who rents lives in a fucking project building. Someone needs to beat you the fuck up. I wish I knew you in the real world.

growsince79

growsince79

I just called and talked to my buddy who owns a hydro store and I think I am going to get the tent.... UNLESS I end up getting a house or like a manufactured home.. If I stay in a rental I will likely go with the Tent.

But keep the buttholes coming... I am always open to having my mind changed if someone has a valid point.
How do you fit the 9 x 5 in a 8 x 6 room?

XxHammer

XxHammer

Im still going to run a filter in a rental and scrub the exhaust prior to it going out the window.... Thats whether I have a Tent or Not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom