9 month old mother showing pistils

• Thread starter Brojoe23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brojoe23

Brojoe23

Hey everyone, new to this site so forgive me if I'm in the wrong on anything.
So I'm having a problem with my mother plant, she's a sativa dominate white family.
This plant is nearing 9 months old now and has shown pistils once before after about 4 months in veg on a 18/6 schedule. I figured that meant she needed more light time to keep her from flowering. I started her on 24/0 after that and she seemed to be doing fine until now. At about 6 months I took a good amount of clones off her and the clones have done fine their in the beginning stages of flowering. Since the cloning she's grown a ton with very little stress, mainly from lite pruning to limit shade leaves. I keep my water ph around 5.5/6 I use a light fertilizing regime of tiger bloom. She's in a 20 gallon tote as a planter so I doubt rootbound could be an issue. I also keep her under a 1000w hps light though she has been a decent distance away from that light occasionally, I try to keep the top portion of her in atleast 1000 on the light meter.
The reason I'm worried is I hadn't noticed the pistils until I was midway through another batch of cloning. I figured it best to continue the batch and took 50 from her. I'm worried the clones won't do well due to her showing flowering signs and the effect it could do to the clones.
Should I try going back to giving her a little dark?
I'm happy to share some pics just let me know what you need to see, being new to this site id rather be safe then sorry on the amount of information I share.

Madmax

Madmax

Your fine bro..relax..it wont affect yield or growth whatsoever..id keep her on the 18/6 ...she wont bud till you change to 12/12 so your safe..all females will show their sex after a period of time ..its natural for them to do it.its just her telling you ''hey look at me.. im a girl'..

Brojoe23

Brojoe23

Thank you for that it puts me at rest for the most part. I was thinking that it was an odd thing seeing as it had shown them before and then lost them only to gain it back a few months later

Top Bottom