9 plant sog first time in soil tho

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Swapped from coco to soil a scant water every day.
Space 1.2x1.2x2 tent
9 plants
Strain jaffa cake cookies.
660 watt hps light
Thinking 2-3 weeks veg? What you think guys?
Also at moment clones am in small 1 litre pots?
Shal I go strate to final pot or pot up once before final pot.
And what size final pit you think I would need I was thinking about 8 litre rhizo as two-3 weeks veg ain't gena root bigger pots out in time. Let me no what ya think soil and sog growers.

fishbuds

fishbuds

good luck. soil is quite diff than coco. Watering everyday is not what most successful soil peeps do. Plants in soil react well to a wet/dry cycle. A very dry cycle, almost wilting dry, is preferred. Once the pot is bone dry, I just dampen the surface first, then come back with a two stage watering, so the water doesnt just run thru the dry soil.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

good luck. soil is quite diff than coco. Watering everyday is not what most successful soil peeps do. Plants in soil react well to a wet/dry cycle. A very dry cycle, almost wilting dry, is preferred. Once the pot is bone dry, I just dampen the surface first, then come back with a two stage watering, so the water doesnt just run thru the dry soil.
Okay mate you think them pot sizes sound alrite because the space will fil up quikly when I flip them. With 9in there. And yeh il use wet dry wet dry.
Been told havent got to check ph either is that true? And only add nutrients couple weeks into flower.
I'm using tropic bat mix soil

Moshmen

Moshmen

Okay mate you think them pot sizes sound alrite because the space will fil up quikly when I flip them. With 9in there. And yeh il use wet dry wet dry.
Been told havent got to check ph either is that true? And only add nutrients couple weeks into flower.
I'm using tropic bat mix soil
Way yo hear what everyone has to say about your ph question , I’m trying but having mixed results . I tho k if you have a consistent process in place and consistent water it can be done but I’m a beginner and just tryin it, without success

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Way yo hear what everyone has to say about your ph question , I’m trying but having mixed results . I tho k if you have a consistent process in place and consistent water it can be done but I’m a beginner and just tryin it, without success
I was told by my local grow store that you havent got to check ph as the soil should buffer it. Also if you add ph down to alter the water it messes with the microorganisms and that in the soil.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Jus found this
Read this mate
what a load of crap,first off came from a hydro source /store
maybe a garden nursery would be a better source since they deal with soil instead of water and the jokers involved in the sales gimmicks
better yet advance nuterient now have ph adjust,just add all you like and it like clock work adjust every thing all in one shot,sounds like crap too right
friend there are more ways to adjust your ph up and or down than with chemicals that say ph up or down on a bottle
but it all you roll with works best

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

what a load of crap,first off came from a hydro source /store
maybe a garden nursery would be a better source since they deal with soil instead of water and the jokers involved in the sales gimmicks
better yet advance nuterient now have ph adjust,just add all you like and it like clock work adjust every thing all in one shot,sounds like crap too right
friend there are more ways to adjust your ph up and or down than with chemicals that say ph up or down on a bottle
but it all you roll with works best
So do you have to check ph bro. I'm used to in coco but jus been told you havent got to in soil.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I am no sharpie, and I've injured my share of plants. But, I've learned some stuff, and moreso I've learned what works for me. There really is no blanket answer that will work for all participants, you must learn what works for you and your situation after you have ingested all the info available, and what works for others.

My water is probably not the same as your water, and yours is not the same as someone in a different part of the country. So, your starting water, is it well, city tap, ro, spring? This is a big contributor imho. I check my ph always, especially in small pots. My soil rides high near 6.8, so I water at 6.2-6.4 usually, and raise that to 6.6-6.8 deep in flower.

In short, for me, if the ph of my water was way high or way low, I would be concerned, regardless of what my medium. But, if my starting water was 6.7ish and 125ppms, my concerns would be nil. In soil, you are aiming for 6.5:) - Put my starting water at 7.5 or 5.5, my little 2 gallon pots of soil aint gonna buffer that. But if I had a 20 gallon pot with mature proper soil, again my concerns would be far less. i've grown both ways, and enjoy them both equally.

Soil growing is a journey, and on long treks we needs some company. May I suggest an army of worms to accompany you on this voyage. Their poop, mixed generously with your soil, and slurry watered in occasionally will help smooth out some of the rough patches. ;)

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've been running in sunshine 4 for about 8 years in 7 gallon pots. I've never phd anything except my rapid rooters for making clones. I use general hydroponics floranova & a few bloom boosters. Ph @ my tap is usually between 8-10 depending on the season. I was always taught that the formula I use, phing was not required.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

U are going to find varied opinions here fir sure, I like fishbuds answer which is you gotta just find what works for you.
Think I'm just gena go with wa man in hydroponic shop says. Go with water and add nutrients when get into flower. And go from there.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So do you have to check ph bro. I'm used to in coco but jus been told you havent got to in soil.
i check the ph and ppm in every media ,soil ,coco,hydro.simply because it makes sense,if i have any issues,at least i knew what i started with,same thing for bags of soil and finished washed coco,i do a npk test and ph test on soil,coco i want to know exacually what both those are too,i cant fix nothing if i didnt know were i started,there is this big deal going on about not checking them,go hard,but when you come back with issues be ready to explain what you got if you dig,comes down to complacensy in my opinion,and i stay on gaurd with every thing in my life .
but do as you feel you need it your medicine just dont be pissed if your 5 weeks in and all sudden it goes to array over a simple task of ph water source,every time it rains my water source changes,municiple water source ,well what ever goes down the drain is what you drink,is it what they claim,folk up north there can tell you difrent hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am no sharpie, and I've injured my share of plants. But, I've learned some stuff, and moreso I've learned what works for me. There really is no blanket answer that will work for all participants, you must learn what works for you and your situation after you have ingested all the info available, and what works for others.

My water is probably not the same as your water, and yours is not the same as someone in a different part of the country. So, your starting water, is it well, city tap, ro, spring? This is a big contributor imho. I check my ph always, especially in small pots. My soil rides high near 6.8, so I water at 6.2-6.4 usually, and raise that to 6.6-6.8 deep in flower.

In short, for me, if the ph of my water was way high or way low, I would be concerned, regardless of what my medium. But, if my starting water was 6.7ish and 125ppms, my concerns would be nil. In soil, you are aiming for 6.5:) - Put my starting water at 7.5 or 5.5, my little 2 gallon pots of soil aint gonna buffer that. But if I had a 20 gallon pot with mature proper soil, again my concerns would be far less. i've grown both ways, and enjoy them both equally.

Soil growing is a journey, and on long treks we needs some company. May I suggest an army of worms to accompany you on this voyage. Their poop, mixed generously with your soil, and slurry watered in occasionally will help smooth out some of the rough patches. ;)
you called it all,this is whay im trying to explain,the fact is YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SOIL PH ALREADY IS and know what to do for adjustments,that makes a huge difrence when you know what your starting with hands down.
so it is not safe to tell somone dont adjust those details in my opinion

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

i check the ph and ppm in every media ,soil ,coco,hydro.simply because it makes sense,if i have any issues,at least i knew what i started with,same thing for bags of soil and finished washed coco,i do a npk test and ph test on soil,coco i want to know exacually what both those are too,i cant fix nothing if i didnt know were i started,there is this big deal going on about not checking them,go hard,but when you come back with issues be ready to explain what you got if you dig,comes down to complacensy in my opinion,and i stay on gaurd with every thing in my life .
but do as you feel you need it your medicine just dont be pissed if your 5 weeks in and all sudden it goes to array over a simple task of ph water source,every time it rains my water source changes,municiple water source ,well what ever goes down the drain is what you drink,is it what they claim,folk up north there can tell you difrent hahahah
This is why I'm asking for ppls advice in soil bro. I will check ph and write it down then like u said any issues I can alter it.

Top Bottom