9 seedlings, 1 clay pot

• Thread starter MmJoyMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Hi there!! I am new on this site and have been reading through all of the FAQ but have some additional questions to ask..

I had a small collection of seeds, threw them on a wet towel in a green baggie . Checked on then 48 hours later and they had a 3mm tail on them. I only had one pot with some coco coir in it, to save the seeds i threw them all in the same pot. Then I Put the green baggie over them again and they all stretched out. Which from reading the forums is from lack of light. So far for 5 days, all I've been using is the sun box in my kitchen but I ordered a 600w light which will be here tomorrow. My questions are,

Should I put them in their own containers?

Since they've stretched, when I transplant could I bury the stem deeper for roots to stretch from there,or no?

Are these plants stretched too far?

9 seedlings 1 clay pot
9 seedlings 1 clay pot 2
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah definitely need separate containers. They will be tangled and in need of you to carefully untangle without breaking. I would fill a bucket of water and dunk to hem in so you can separate

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Yeah definitely need separate containers. They will be tangled and in need of you to carefully untangle without breaking. I would fill a bucket of water and dunk to hem in so you can separate
Should I try to bury some of the extra length when I do the transplant?? Thank you for your help.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Ive given them each their own little cup, for now.. I've put their fan on them to help them strengthen themselves, which seems to be helping them not want to droop. The light will be here tomorrow hopefully they make it through the night!!

20210129 185952 3
20210129 190914
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Under the new light!! Turns out there were 10 plants, 1 plants standing up nice by its self. The Plant in second picture looks like its gonna die. . And alot of the others are laying down but still bouncy not flimsy. Hope tomorrow they will look happier.

MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Back for an Update!

I lost 3 plants 😔 The remaining 6 are pushing through! Super happy with the growth on a few, 2 seem to be significantly smaller. I ordered some nutrients, but I'm confused. I am using a coco base mixed with soil. I was reading I shouldn't ever give it plain water, which I've been doing the whole time. . . Should I start giving the nutrients in small amounts?

Thanks,
Misty

Received 129733929015136
Received 477350123442312
MmJoyMJ

MmJoyMJ

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Bag seeds
2. How old are your plants? 15 days
3. How tall are your plants? 3 inch
4. What size containers are they planted in?small 4' pot
5. What is your soil mix?coco/soil
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every few hour when light feeling dry appearance.
7. What is the pH of your water? Started with tap using distilled now. Buying a tester.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?Advanced Nutrients bloom,micro grow set
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Sometimes
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Led 600w grow light full spectrum
11. How close are your lights to the plants?12 inched
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?2x3
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?N/A
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
16. How much experience do you have growing? NONE

Top Bottom