9K Rockwool Drip

• Thread starter MendoCruz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Just reset the room and made some minor adjustments. I had 2-4x4, 2-4x8, and 1-2x4 under 9K. I just added 2 more 2x4 trays and set the whole room on a drip. I set the res's up with float valves to top off for me during the week. Last run was almost all coco in 3 gal pots. This run will be rockwool blocks on grow cubes in 1 gal pots. I'm running Sage n' Sour, Sour D, Moby Dick, Platinum OG, and Sugaree. One 4x8 and 2x4 are 16/light, one 4x8 and 2x4 are12/light, one 4x4 and 2x4 9/light and 11 plants on the last 4x4. I have plants that grow at different rates and some are a little smaller than the others. I'll be feeding Green Planet's Hydro Fuel Bloom, Massive, Finisher, and Liquid W-8. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the ride.

9k rockwool drip
9k rockwool drip 2
S

skywalkerss

fucking A subd bro!

very clean setup, why the switch to drip and not flood?

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

A friend of mine got me on to this set-up. I tried it out on a 2x4 tray and a 4x4, this last run. The growth was very explosive compared to what I had been doing. I use a flood and drain method on my veg table, though.

S

skywalkerss

very interesting.....explosive how? in all around growth in veg? or ripping and bigger nugs in flower?

im hand water every morning...and so far i think they look good for 26-30 days veg, but why do you think that the drip is more accurate than the flood? maybe that consitant drip keeps that money spot between dry n damp for the rk?

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

hydro fuel... Must be a Canuck

Looks nice and clean man. Cool setup

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

NICE mendo, didn't see this thread till today. Diggin the new setup homie!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

hydro fuel... Must be a Canuck

Looks nice and clean man. Cool setup

Nope. All American. :) Green Planet Hooked me up with a free runs worth of nutes on the last round to try out and I liked them so much that I am making the full switch. I've never had a run were the plants seemed to be lacking in some respects, until now. Size, quality, health, it's all there.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

very interesting.....explosive how? in all around growth in veg? or ripping and bigger nugs in flower?

im hand water every morning...and so far i think they look good for 26-30 days veg, but why do you think that the drip is more accurate than the flood? maybe that consitant drip keeps that money spot between dry n damp for the rk?

I did a side by side with rockwool drip Vs. Hand-watering coco. The rockwool was really quick to dry so it got 4 2 minute long feedings a night. The coco got fed every other night. The plants in the rockwool were transplanted from 2" rooting cubes into delta 8's, then the blocks were set into 1 gal pots with grow cubes. The plants in coco were transplanted the same day from 4" pots into 3 gal pots. The rockwool plants were 3" tall, the coco plants were 8-10" with a well established root system. I vegged them both for a week and then flipped into flower. The rockwool grew extremely fast, the stocks grew much bigger and so did the flowers. I really do love coco but I feel that I can get more runs in a shorter period of time with rockwool.

S

skywalkerss

Thanks for the Rw and coco break down bro :) def good info......but.damm those are some nuggs u got there..I.see u have the bat hoods...u running co2?

Impressive pull my friend. Danketty dank dank

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

DAMN homie, if ya need a pair of extra hands this weekend im free! Looks like you'll have your hands more than full!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Thank you! That was a coco run. I run Co2 but, not a sealed room so to speak. I have intake and exaust for temp reasons. The fans kick on every hour or so. I really can't wait to smoke those girl. Sage n' Sour (clone cut) is my favorite of all the weed.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

OGP! I will need a hand pretty soon. Harvested the first run of the 9K last weekend and it is almost ready for trimming and the 4K will need scissors next weekend. The 9K was a pretty bunk harvest, though. I haven't had my ass handed to me like that in a while. New room, new plants, and I was spread pretty thin, equalled out to a shit harvest.

S

skywalkerss

:) I have never smoked sage n sour....smoke report soon? Lol

Do ya think its a waste of.money.runnin co2 with a non sealed room...I mean mostly sealed but.just like you, some fans will kick on for temps?

Do ya really see results even if its leaking somewhere?

Thanks mendo

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I saw a pretty good jump in growth speed, yield followed.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

OGP! I will need a hand pretty soon. Harvested the first run of the 9K last weekend and it is almost ready for trimming and the 4K will need scissors next weekend. The 9K was a pretty bunk harvest, though. I haven't had my ass handed to me like that in a while. New room, new plants, and I was spread pretty thin, equalled out to a shit harvest.

Well bro, any hands you need just let a brother know and im down! Always here for lend a hand! :banana1sv6:

Sucks about the bunk harvest bro, but im really diggin the new setup, always wanted to fuck with ebb an flow with hugo blocks, BUT I just wasn't confident enough...after a semester in "intro to hydroponics" where rockwool WILL be covered as a media i think I might give her a go!

OH an for anyone wondering how any of mendos sour dankness is on the potency level, its fucking DANK. one of his strains tests over 25% thc and has it all, bag appeal, SOUR ass smell and taste and knocks me down like'a freight train! Good shit! I might have some pics of your Sour OG dried and ready for smokin if you want me to throw some up? only a G in the pic or so, but its still some fire!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Well bro, any hands you need just let a brother know and im down! Always here for lend a hand! :banana1sv6:

Sucks about the bunk harvest bro, but im really diggin the new setup, always wanted to fuck with ebb an flow with hugo blocks, BUT I just wasn't confident enough...after a semester in "intro to hydroponics" where rockwool WILL be covered as a media i think I might give her a go!

OH an for anyone wondering how any of mendos sour dankness is on the potency level, its fucking DANK. one of his strains tests over 25% thc and has it all, bag appeal, SOUR ass smell and taste and knocks me down like'a freight train! Good shit! I might have some pics of your Sour OG dried and ready for smokin if you want me to throw some up? only a G in the pic or so, but its still some fire!

Post away, my Friend!

sticky icky

sticky icky

Damm homie really kick ass grow all around lovin the set up them babies are gonna get beastly I'm subbed keep up the awesome work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom