A better way to report yield.

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I don't like grams per watt. It doesn't account for time or space. I do grams / sf / month.
I just finished my not so purple chem. 196g in a 4 sf closet in 3.5 months equals 14g / sf / month. I'm thinking the short veg time increases g/sf/month. Like to hear what others are getting and how to improve.

Terpz719

Terpz719

That's an interesting question, and calculation. Sounds like you're interested in much more than straight up yield. I guess it comes down to what you're wanting to quantify. You could even assign weights to the parameters depending on the importance of each to you, whether it be time or electrical costs, etc. I just look at the weight of dried trimmed buds, but yield isn't very important to me in my tiny personal grow.

growsince79

growsince79

That's an interesting question, and calculation. Sounds like you're interested in much more than straight up yield. I guess it comes down to what you're wanting to quantify. You could even assign weights to the parameters depending on the importance of each to you, whether it be time or electrical costs, etc. I just look at the weight of dried trimmed buds, but yield isn't very important to me in my tiny personal grow.
I have a 2x 4 and I don't grow in the summer. I'm trying to figure out how long to veg for max yield / month. My theory is I can get better yields / month with less veg time.
If I had vegged 2 months instead of 1, would the increased yield be worth the extra month?
I need to do more testing/comparison

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'll do mine up in Grams of top quality bud cured and grams and ml of hash and oil made, then look at what my whole cost have been, watt to gram means zero to me really.... Now to hope one day I'll have a harvest big enough for all that 😁

cottageman

cottageman

You’re correct in saying less veg makes more harvests in a year this is why a lot of large scale operations do sea of green methods. 2 ish week veg time and then straight into flower and you’ll get more harvests in a year than someone who veg’s for 6 weeks, assuming you’re using the same tent to flower and veg. If you have different tents then this doesn’t really hold

beluga

beluga

G/W is more so an efficiency thing. kWh/harvest is a very practical measurement in terms of how much input you have to produce a certain return... assuming it's for a commercial purpose. You could also add gallons of water, media content, nutrient content... but.. G/W really sets a practical bar when our focal point is trying to mimic growing under the sun in the earth.
But I ultimately agree with you.

growsince79

growsince79

G/W is more so an efficiency thing. kWh/harvest is a very practical measurement in terms of how much input you have to produce a certain return... assuming it's for a commercial purpose. You could also add gallons of water, media content, nutrient content... but.. G/W really sets a practical bar when our focal point is trying to mimic growing under the sun in the earth.
But I ultimately agree with you.
I only use 350w max, so I don't care about g/w.

growsince79

growsince79

What about the guys that don't own scales? 😎
Every grower should have a scale. If you sell you need one, if you are personal med use you may want to stay under the state limits. And if you make edibles, a scale is not optional.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Every grower should have a scale. If you sell you need one, if you are personal med use you may want to stay under the state limits. And if you make edibles, a scale is not optional.
Well shit... I can't remember where I buried it.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I have a 2x 4 and I don't grow in the summer. I'm trying to figure out how long to veg for max yield / month. My theory is I can get better yields / month with less veg time.
If I had vegged 2 months instead of 1, would the increased yield be worth the extra month?
I need to do more testing/comparison
You're gonna have to do some A/B comparisons. You'll have to figure out how much extra yield makes it worth it for you. Running CO2, if you're not, might be worth a look if you're more interested in time versus cost. Have you looked at the various LST techniques to help boost yield?

growsince79

growsince79

You're gonna have to do some A/B comparisons. You'll have to figure out how much extra yield makes it worth it for you. Running CO2, if you're not, might be worth a look if you're more interested in time versus cost. Have you looked at the various LST techniques to help boost yield?
Not interested in co2. I just harvested 7 oz in 4 sf in 100 days. If I were to veg 60 days, I would need to get over 9.1oz to make it worth the extra time. Not sure if I'll even try.

Top Bottom