A/C - Humidity

• Thread starter Qman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Qman

I have a problem that I could use some advice from whoever decides to read this

I have a window A/C unit in my tent that works beautifully. During lights on my RH stays in the 40's np however when the lights shut off, it gets up in the 70's. This A/C is the type that has a Dehumidifier on it and I guess those don't work to good eh?

What kind of extraction system would be best to handle the moisture. I don't really have to worry about smell....

A

addicted

Well, if there is no worry about smell, and it is night time!! The cheapest route would be to just add a extraction fan to pull from a less humid source... If you are working with a sealed room you could just add dampers to seal off room.

BUT in my opinion your RH is fine as long as it stays below 80s, and you have a good fan to circulate the air in the room. -- JUS' meh 2c

J

Jalisco Kid

Follow the rh during lights out. Most of the moisture is dumped from the second to fourth hour of lights out. So I think most of the time you are fine. JK

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Lots of good little tid bits in here.
I also have a A\C dehumidifier combo.
Did not know till after I bought it.
It only does one or the other.
And is not very energy efficeint in dehumidifier mode.

Q

Qman

Follow the rh during lights out. Most of the moisture is dumped from the second to fourth hour of lights out. So I think most of the time you are fine. JK

Thanks JK!

I was thinking the same, just covering bases

Top Bottom