A/c Work Needed.. Any Referals?

• Thread starter wooitzme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wooitzme

So not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering if there was anyone from the forum that did ac work in the southern cali area. Would prefer someone active on the forum or if someone who is active on the forum would be willing to share their ac guys info and refer them to me, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

So not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering if there was anyone from the forum that did ac work in the southern cali area. Would prefer someone active on the forum or if someone who is active on the forum would be willing to share their ac guys info and refer them to me, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What can I help you with?

sixstring

sixstring

Must not have been that important,cause he got all the pros right here and aint said a word lol.
What do we have about 50 years experience with @Og Gong and @CannabisJohn here?
While im in here i have a question for you both and maybe even @Billyboat knows this.i saw John post about single and dual zone minisplits saying a single zone 36k btu is better than a dual zone with 2 x 18k heads because the fan is better on the bigger head unit.is this the case with most brands of just a few brands? I know john is big on the Mitsubishi but my buddy gets a great price on lg and sony.he is pushing me towards a 3 zone lg.but i was with him at the supply house and those lg heads look small compared to what i have seen at the grow store on the ideal air 3 zone units.thoughts?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
i saw John post about single and dual zone minisplits saying a single zone 36k btu is better than a dual zone with 2 x 18k heads because the fan is better on the bigger head unit.is this the case with most brands of just a few brands?[/QUOTE] CJ is right. The more zones you have the smaller the heads will be. If you have a 36kbtu 3 zone system your indoor unit will be 3-12kbtu. So you have to make sure it is sized to the room correctly. You can change the indoor units around like say 1- 18kbtu + 2- 9kbtu for a total of 36kbtu.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Must not have been that important,cause he got all the pros right here and aint said a word lol.
What do we have about 50 years experience with @Og Gong and @CannabisJohn here?
While im in here i have a question for you both and maybe even @Billyboat knows this.i saw John post about single and dual zone minisplits saying a single zone 36k btu is better than a dual zone with 2 x 18k heads because the fan is better on the bigger head unit.is this the case with most brands of just a few brands? I know john is big on the Mitsubishi but my buddy gets a great price on lg and sony.he is pushing me towards a 3 zone lg.but i was with him at the supply house and those lg heads look small compared to what i have seen at the grow store on the ideal air 3 zone units.thoughts?

My thoughts on this are simple. Cheaper to do a single zone. Also less components equals less problems. I only recommend multi zone mini splits if serving multiple rooms with small heat loads or if customer wants a reduction in outdoor units. I would rather see you get a great single zone unit ( Mitshubishi or LG,etc) instead of a cheap multizone unit ( Chinese junk).

dexfarm

dexfarm

CannabisJohn would you recommend this unit for 2 flower (flip-flop 7400 watts) rooms and one veg room?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn would you recommend this unit for 2 flower (flip-flop 7400 watts) rooms and one veg room?

Not enough cooling. That is just the outdoor unit. If you're gonna do a flip then do a convential 4 ton unit for the flower rooms with zoning controls installed and do a separate unit for veg.

dexfarm

dexfarm

Not enough cooling. That is just the outdoor unit. If you're gonna do a flip then do a convential 4 ton unit for the flower rooms with zoning controls installed and do a separate unit for veg.
The rooms will be sealed so a ducted unit will not work for me as it will draw air in from outside of rooms. We don't have those units like gettogrow has in his flip rooms that are made specifically for flip rooms.
I can reduce the wattage in the flower rooms to make it work because any additional outdoor units will draw unwanted attention in my neck of the woods.
Do you also suggest i put 2 smaller sized air-handlers in each flower room as apposed to one big one? I was thinking putting two on opposite ends of the room will work more efficiently at cooling the room but can see the draw back of possible more maintenance and or breakdowns and not to mention cost?
Ps I don't have the space for a lung room...thanks for the help around the forums, your advise is much appreciated.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The rooms will be sealed so a ducted unit will not work for me as it will draw air in from outside of rooms. We don't have those units like gettogrow has in his flip rooms that are made specifically for flip rooms.
I can reduce the wattage in the flower rooms to make it work because any additional outdoor units will draw unwanted attention in my neck of the woods.
Do you also suggest i put 2 smaller sized air-handlers in each flower room as apposed to one big one? I was thinking putting two on opposite ends of the room will work more efficiently at cooling the room but can see the draw back of possible more maintenance and or breakdowns and not to mention cost?
Ps I don't have the space for a lung room...thanks for the help around the forums, your advise is much appreciated.

If your installer knows what they are doing you can do what I said and draw air from the rooms only. You must put a supply and return duct in each room with zone dampers. Also hang the air handler in one of the rooms.

W

wooitzme

Sorry for the late response. I have been sick for a bit and haven't been able to follow up lol I did pm cannabisjohn directly thou. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom