A collection of the best threads at The Farm

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is an attempt to put all the best threads for new growers in one place.

I invite everyone to nominate their favorite thread but I will be keeping this thread very tidy as it is a lot of information to sift thru. Forgive me in advance if I delete or edit your post. I love all ya growers, but lets talk in another thread.

Let's start it off with probably the most asked question by new members:

HELP MY PLANT IS SICK

and WHERE DO I START?

NEED INSPIRATION?

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

WATER

Step one in growing - "How to water, and why do I have to PH it?"

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

NUTRIENTS AND FEEDING

NUTRIENT DEFICIENCY / EXCESS TROUBLESHOOTING

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL & DESIRED SETPOINTS

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

SOIL / COCO

need links. Maybe the best grow diary for each platform? Make your suggestions!

Suggestion from @RootsRuler Are there any good threads on transplanting? Sprout to media. Seedling to Veg. Veg to Flower. Pot size. Media choices and pros and cons of each.

HYDRO

TRAINING, CROPPING, STEERING

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

SEXING

FEM vs REG

PHOTOPERIOD VS AUTOFLOWER

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

PEST MANAGEMENT

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looking for help with nominating best links to above topics, or a better one than is currently posted. All are welcome to post here but I will delete your post after I incorporate your ideas. Thanks!

Tip o the hat to the following for their contributions and suggestions:

@Nesta028
@Shaded_One
@PK1
@Aqua Man
@BillFarthing
@logic
@TheMaverickFarmer
@Deadstill
@mysticepipedon
@tobh
@Mr.GreenthumbOG
@RootsRuler

BTW - I keep moving stuff around to make more sense. The likes mean nothing at this point, unless you believe the crowd goes wild for a post that just says "reserved." 😁

Last edited:
B

bibsoconner

Looking for help with nominating best links to above topics, or a better one than is currently posted. All are welcome to post here but I will delete your post after I incorporate your ideas. Thanks!

Tip o the hat to the following for their contributions and suggestions:

@Nesta028
@Shaded_One
@PK1
@Aqua Man
@BillFarthing
@logic
@TheMaverickFarmer
@Deadstill
@mysticepipedon
@tobh
@Mr.GreenthumbOG
@RootsRuler

BTW - I keep moving stuff around to make more sense. The likes mean nothing at this point, unless you believe the crowd goes wild for a post that just says "reserved." 😁
@Moe.Red Thank you! I stumbled upon this thread somehow and what I'm seeing so far is great and very useful for a newbie like me! I probably could have avoided dumb questions with this. I have some humble suggestions...
1. Make getting to this thread easier. Not sure how. Posted on homepage? Mass email blast? :)
2. Perhaps I'm blind, but other than the introductory articles at top that cover everything, I'm not seeing links for the whole harvesting process. May I humbly suggest links for:
a. When to harvest? Based on time, color of trichomes, size of bud, etc.? What happens if you harvest to early? Too late? Can you split up harvest?
b. How to harvest? Chop whole plant down? Can you cut bud by bud?
c. How to clean? Or not clean? If you had aphids?
d. How to cure? How to cure if time is of no importance? How to cure (some of it) if you want to smoke right away! Is humidity important if you just have your garage? What temperature to cure at? How bad is if you can't achieve temp/humidity. [Remember, this is for beginners who don't have everything. They are making do with what they have. Parents basement/garage for example :)]
e. How to store? Store for just 1 month, 6 months, etc. Alternative storage? Mason jars, ziploc bags, old coffee bags?
f. [Should have been first?] How to prepare for harvest? Flush fertilizers? Water? Don't water?
Thanks and please keep this up! It is appreciated!

Saint1

Saint1

@Moe.Red Thank you! I stumbled upon this thread somehow and what I'm seeing so far is great and very useful for a newbie like me! I probably could have avoided dumb questions with this. I have some humble suggestions...
1. Make getting to this thread easier. Not sure how. Posted on homepage? Mass email blast? :)
2. Perhaps I'm blind, but other than the introductory articles at top that cover everything, I'm not seeing links for the whole harvesting process. May I humbly suggest links for:
a. When to harvest? Based on time, color of trichomes, size of bud, etc.? What happens if you harvest to early? Too late? Can you split up harvest?
b. How to harvest? Chop whole plant down? Can you cut bud by bud?
c. How to clean? Or not clean? If you had aphids?
d. How to cure? How to cure if time is of no importance? How to cure (some of it) if you want to smoke right away! Is humidity important if you just have your garage? What temperature to cure at? How bad is if you can't achieve temp/humidity. [Remember, this is for beginners who don't have everything. They are making do with what they have. Parents basement/garage for example :)]
e. How to store? Store for just 1 month, 6 months, etc. Alternative storage? Mason jars, ziploc bags, old coffee bags?
f. [Should have been first?] How to prepare for harvest? Flush fertilizers? Water? Don't water?
Thanks and please keep this up! It is appreciated!
There are SOOOOO many variables. You need to get you some seeds, growing medium, growing area, lights, nutrients, equipment, after you do your research - start your grow - let everyone here know all your setups - are they will help you when you need help. If you look around on this site (research) you will most likely find all your answers!!! (Variables - Lots of Variables).

B

bibsoconner

There are SOOOOO many variables. You need to get you some seeds, growing medium, growing area, lights, nutrients, equipment, after you do your research - start your grow - let everyone here know all your setups - are they will help you when you need help. If you look around on this site (research) you will most likely find all your answers!!! (Variables - Lots of Variables).
Understood, but I thought this thread was collecting basic good articles for beginners in a central place. I was merely suggesting one area (harvesting/curing/storing) that didn't seem to be well represented. -Thanks

Saint1

Saint1

Understood, but I thought this thread was collecting basic good articles for beginners in a central place. I was merely suggesting one area (harvesting/curing/storing) that didn't seem to be well representeIts literally in the first post. Where do I start. - Read that one first. - Saint
No worries, we're all here to help. - There is so much awesome info just in this one post - It's in the first post by Moe - Where do I start? - Saint

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Understood, but I thought this thread was collecting basic good articles for beginners in a central place. I was merely suggesting one area (harvesting/curing/storing) that didn't seem to be well represented. -Thanks
It is and I agree.

I'm currently doing some testing on grove bags. That is for the curing section.

I have been putting together detailed clone instructions. That is about done.

On the harvest overall, I'll bet we can find something good already done that we could add to the list.

I'll come back this weekend and see what I can add to this, and don;t be surprised if these posts are deleted as I add the info requested. Cheers.

B

bibsoconner

It is and I agree.

I'm currently doing some testing on grove bags. That is for the curing section.

I have been putting together detailed clone instructions. That is about done.

On the harvest overall, I'll bet we can find something good already done that we could add to the list.

I'll come back this weekend and see what I can add to this, and don;t be surprised if these posts are deleted as I add the info requested. Cheers.
No problem with the deleting posts (including mine :)) I think it's a great idea! Looking forward to the cloning pointers. I was fixated for selfish reasons on harvesting/curing/storage because it's important for me now! I'd reiterate (again for selfish reasons) that I think there is a great need for "XXX Topic for Dummies" or completely beginners. Example: "Here a good idiot-proof way to harvest, dry and store. It's not the best, but it will do and requires no extra equipment". That sort of thing.
Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom