A Few Novice Questions.. five words...

• Thread starter N00BGR0WER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

Hi All, I have recently purchased a small indoors Kit, never grown indoor, ive read a few horror stories that make me a little nervous, im keeping a diary of everything i do for the plant/s so i can look back to see where i fucked up. ok first question: How often should the extractor fan be on? ...2nd..When Should i start Nutes?(used a cheap potting mix with slow release, mixed in some perlite) ..OR.. should i / shouldnt i use them since the potting mix has fert?
only grown with the seasons outdoor and let nature run its course. still in seedling/2nodes stage as of now. cheers.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hi All, I have recently purchased a small indoors Kit, never grown indoor, ive read a few horror stories that make me a little nervous, im keeping a diary of everything i do for the plant/s so i can look back to see where i fucked up. ok first question: How often should the extractor fan be on? ...2nd..When Should i start Nutes?(used a cheap potting mix with slow release, mixed in some perlite) ..OR.. should i / shouldnt i use them since the potting mix has fert?
only grown with the seasons outdoor and let nature run its course. still in seedling/2nodes stage as of now. cheers.
Welcome to the farm!

To answer your questions:

Extractor fan should be on as much as necessary to move air and control temps. Honestly in an tent grow I think it should be running constantly to pull new air through.

With slow release soil (which is generally not great for cannabis), I would just wait to fix problems (i.e. leaves getting too light? maybe add in some worm castings and water.....although you will probably want to use more water insoluble nitrogen as opposed to water soluble nitrogen (you will see the difference on any label, at least in the US) because water insoluble nitrogen gives the plant the ability to slow down its availability a bit via its signalling at the root level vs water soluble nitrogen is rarely available to the plant in nature because microbes tend to eat it up first and in general if you are already dealing with an implicit fertilizer regimen via your slow release potting mix, you don't want to be adding onto that with stuff the plant can't control if you don't know what is in there.

Just my two cents.

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

thankyou! yep i guess ill wait it out. its autumn here. whenever i run the extractor temps dip alot. right now my readings are 74'F RH71%. ill take another reading later if im still awake. cheers mate.
also ill read up on the water insoluble nitrogen.. dang science

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

LST in orange bucket
Topped Black fabric pot-
first time for both methods.
Ive nuted twice since first post with liquid Veg nutes. looking alright so far.
IMG 20210404 114327 078

IMG 20210404 114321 414

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

Lst is a mess lol
A86CE25B 99D7 4767 9CB8 75067F4424CC

I think the black pot is a male. Dangit.
2C00087C E7EC 4DEC BDE4 C472C8E41AB2

Also seeing this in the orange pot
F9B5F8ED 0275 4B7B 8685 1478C39C730B
🥴fml.

F8A00CF8 B929 4E72 BF25 E912A206E5BD
RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Extractor fans should always be on, unless you have it hooked to an automatic sensor & controller which varies its speed and/or may shut off as needed, but otherwise just running all the time. Regular fans too, on all the time.

To be on the safe side, start nutrients 2 weeks after planting seeds. Anything up to that point, i just use light cal-mag water since i grow in coco. Start light when you do start nutrients. All brands worth using have a chart, follow it but reduce the levels.

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

2nd try. The first 2 were males. 6weeks into flower. As you can see, alot of curling, HOWEVER!! the girl just keeps going. I feel like luck is on my side at the moment. Been watering her with molasses and just started back on nutes every other. I think my home depot soil was too hot. i have about 4-5 weeks left. Yep quite bit of foxtailing due to the hot weather. And thats about it. Either way still happy with the progress, and what ive learned what/what not to do.. just gets better from here. 😅
20220118 125657
20220118 125610 resized

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

Welp i think i might pull her. Found some nanners and some small what looks to be seeds. She has maybe 1-2wks left. I must say she has been under alot of stress.
20220127 075959
20220127 080301

Top Bottom