A few shots of my rooms growing in Beds with some new strains WIFI X SOUR D and...

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Yeah, it holds the trellis that you can't see because it's buried by the plants. It looks real high in that pic because we cut them to standard heights to accommodate all strains. This strain is a shorter one. The PVC is part of the tray liner, it holds the bed together and provides support for the trellis. The tray liners are from geopots.com.

We haven't seen a single flying bug either since using OGBiowar, still have aphid issues from time to time but they can never gain a real foothold since we started using Caps. Our soil beds stay wet for so long it's hard for us to get a full tea watering in regularly without messing w our weekly feeding schedule. Another reason I want to try coco.

I have the geopots as well! I always set my frames at 18" above the soil level and then bob and weave. I still need to show you guys my trellis method IMHO it works better than anything else come harvest time.[/quote]
You gotta show us what's up. I'm trying to do more trellising.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Jack
I have been having issues with bud rot right around the beginning of week 7 of bloom. My room is 35ft x 25ft 10 ft ceiling with 20 adjust a wings with 10 tons of air completely sealed room with 50 trees about 5 ft tall in 7 gallon smart pots.
I have a Phoenix 200 MAX LGR Dehumidifier & a Quest dry 180 Dehumidifier. My day time RH is 65% & night time RH is 74% also my day temps set on ac thermostat is 77 & night time 70 . Do you think installing two UV lights inside my air handlers will stop the bud Rot?
Thanks
Damn that's a lot of dehuies

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, if I remember correctly, you water your 20 light rooms w 100 gals, twice a day, so am I correct in saying that each bed is getting 10 gals twice a day? Or is it 5 gal twice a day? The coco must stay soaking wet all the time, no? I remember coco doesn't like to dry out like soil but still seems like a crazy amount of H2O every day.
100 Gallons per day in flower so how ever you want to do the math once a day would be 10 gallons per bed twice would be 5 gallons...The coco dosent' stay soaking wet it is a giant root mass. The plants are boosting they drink lots...
Hi Jack, can't tell you how much you've inspired me to take things to a whole other level. Enjoy reading your posts and studying all the pics you post. Super informative! Just been reading from the shadows but see The Farm and other forums as some of the best education out there and want to participate more. So never ending thanks and appreciation for all the time and effort you've contributed over the years. You've changed the game for a lot of us. Looking forward to the best year ever, setting up a grow based almost entirely on what's been learned from your posts.

That being said, hopefully you can spare some time to answer some of my questions:
Have a SCROG setup, no CO2 with 3x8 gal cch2o buckets per 1000w, that yields #1.2ish/1000w, just under what we used to do in SOG in those same rooms. (BTW, you inspired that one too.) Which brings me to believe that we can maybe have good success with the system you use now despite a reduction of plants. We can only use 4 plants per 4x4. Otherwise everything will be the same as your setup. Plants will be prevegged in 3 gal smart pots about 2 weeks then transferred and vegged for another 2 to 3 weeks in the 4x4 chow mix trays. We just spread the plant out when we lower the scrog onto them, so they have a nice canopy spread that we further weave. Do you see anything wrong with my logic here? Do the buckets produce way more with one plant than can be done in coco?

Growing with CO2 causes thick stems and when spreading those girls for the SCROG I'd hate to bust a bitch. We've noticed that sometimes the girls hold less pressure than other times, but can't get a handle on the variables that allow this. Do you have any tricks (watering, environmental) to get the stem to hold less pressure so that they can bend easier?

Was planning on having the moms and cuttings in the same veg room(CO2), but noticed you keep them separate and sterile. I get the sterile part but do you also use CO2 for the moms/cuttings room?

Sorry for the long post,but thanks again for everything. Happy New Year and hope to hear back.
No co2 for moms they grow to fast get out of control..And with 4 plants per 1 k I would not do beds I would stick to the buckets or coco trees..
Jack, Im on my 5th round of reusing my chowmix in beds.
I always feel like if I dont stay on top of bennies (sea green, compost tea, etc) things can go wrong pretty quick. And sometimes I get some deficiencies half way through.
Do you feel like the longer you reuse your mix the more tempermental the medium becomes?
Also when I transplant I get some stalling typically before they take off. I raise lights up and I water every other day but they seem to spudder for a week before they really get going.
Any tips ?
No gets better but we brew tea every week never skip a week .. Plants sputter if VPD is not right Humidity air temp EC all has to be rite where the plants want and bam you can put in a 6" rooted clone and 3 weeks later in flower you will have a 4 ft plant.. When environment is rite and plants are getting what they need thats when the magic happens...
Jack
I have been having issues with bud rot right around the beginning of week 7 of bloom. My room is 35ft x 25ft 10 ft ceiling with 20 adjust a wings with 10 tons of air completely sealed room with 50 trees about 5 ft tall in 7 gallon smart pots.
I have a Phoenix 200 MAX LGR Dehumidifier & a Quest dry 180 Dehumidifier. My day time RH is 65% & night time RH is 74% also my day temps set on ac thermostat is 77 & night time 70 . Do you think installing two UV lights inside my air handlers will stop the bud Rot?
Thanks
To be honest no on the UV light.. You need more air flow fans kicking up air on the floors I even like fans mounted to the ceilings... And of course all around the walls..Jack

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Jack, thanks for answering. Got it, buckets or coco trees for 4 girls/light. Was trying to use your aptus formula, so buckets out. You thinks your same formula with 7 or 10g smart pots would work? Would still need to put them on trays to check run off and convenience of draining.

A

advanced396

100 Gallons per day in flower so how ever you want to do the math once a day would be 10 gallons per bed twice would be 5 gallons...The coco dosent' stay soaking wet it is a giant root mass. The plants are boosting they drink lots...
No co2 for moms they grow to fast get out of control..And with 4 plants per 1 k I would not do beds I would stick to the buckets or coco trees..
No gets better but we brew tea every week never skip a week .. Plants sputter if VPD is not right Humidity air temp EC all has to be rite where the plants want and bam you can put in a 6" rooted clone and 3 weeks later in flower you will have a 4 ft plant.. When environment is rite and plants are getting what they need thats when the magic happens...

To be honest no on the UV light.. You need more air flow fans kicking up air on the floors I even like fans mounted to the ceilings... And of course all around the walls..Jack

Jack
I have 8 fans on the walls & two can fans hung on the ceiling. Also I leave my air handler blowers set on all the time. I going to try the fans on the floor . Do you think I should purchase another dehumidifier, I was looking into the Quest Dual 205 dehumidifier which removes about 150 pints a day.
Thanks

whatthe215

whatthe215

i'm about to go on a lil photo shoot, but holy crap Canna coco A+B is an amazing base.

and well, Fasilator, so far after 4 days this is the best way i can describe it... nearly triple speed veg and stems are BULKING up like crazy. seriously blown away.

fasilator drops the shit outta my pH though. i thought that was interesting compared to the strong up affect of pro silicate etc.

i'm dying to see this massive GG4, Jack. and this epap bare bulb room. gavita and epap recommend running 9 lamps for my rooms rather than my current 12 so i was thinking of throwing in a few bare 1k super blues to supplement. wondering if this is your thinking as well?

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Jack
Thanks
i would suggest disinfecting everything in your room between runs, then maybe more airflow, i find airflow is key...just remember if mold spores are in the area, they can spread...some molds prefer dry, some humid...

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, thanks for answering. Got it, buckets or coco trees for 4 girls/light. Was trying to use your aptus formula, so buckets out. You thinks your same formula with 7 or 10g smart pots would work? Would still need to put them on trays to check run off and convenience of draining.
I like 7 gallons smart pots for trees indoors. aallows you to water more times per day. But if you're only hitting 1 per with 4 buckets per light it sounds like you need a new pheno If everything else is good...
Jack
I have 8 fans on the walls & two can fans hung on the ceiling. Also I leave my air handler blowers set on all the time. I going to try the fans on the floor . Do you think I should purchase another dehumidifier, I was looking into the Quest Dual 205 dehumidifier which removes about 150 pints a day.
Thanks
Not sure what de humidifier set up you have now but I would get some major air flow going first..And as Joe fresh said sterilizing you're room floors walls lights ac units etc.. Between runs is very important..
i would suggest disinfecting everything in your room between runs, then maybe more airflow, i find airflow is key...just remember if mold spores are in the area, they can spread...some molds prefer dry, some humid...
Sound Advice..

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

She's not a big yielder but she always gets snatched up, no matter what the season. She is getting tired though.

below frigid

below frigid

hey man - long time no see bro

way to come back with a bang!

162436d1312651658-few-shots-my-rooms-growing-beds-some-new-strains-wifi-x-sour-d-wi-fi-007.jpg.att

What are all the white round things hanging all over the place?

R

Ridge

Jack- you trying any new cuts out right now? Anything out there sound interesting you haven't ran yet that you plan too?
How did cookies ending up performing for you?

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Jack, are your tray/beds setup with a drain valve, can you flood your trays? Was wondering if you do your initial cannazyme/base flush as a soak or like a regular watering? Thx.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack- you trying any new cuts out right now? Anything out there sound interesting you haven't ran yet that you plan too?
How did cookies ending up performing for you?
Cookies are good I like the Animal .. It would be even better with some crosses we are doing some WIFI 43 X Animal cookies and Wifi 43 x Forum cookies for personal pheno selection, Going through 300 seeds of Face Off x White Fire #43 and doing a bunch of killer crosses for some major pheno hunting .. Always testing new thing still haven't found a better pheno the #43 but Face Off is a good one just dosen't yield as well no matter how you grow her.. We plan on popping 300 to 500 seeds every couple months this year..
Jack, are your tray/beds setup with a drain valve, can you flood your trays? Was wondering if you do your initial cannazyme/base flush as a soak or like a regular watering? Thx.
Flooding the beds would use way to much water so we just water them until run off when we charge them.. We do nit flood them it would be easy to flood them but there is no need just water until run with fulll dose of nutes and they are ready to go and we don't use cannazym if we are brewing tea no need OG BIO WAR does all the work..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
jeez holy fucking christ bro!!!!! 500 seeds every 2 months? ahah is going to rain new og's like crazy over Cali lol

iCultivate

iCultivate

You grow on an impressive scale, Jack. An amazing sea of buds in your grow rooms.

-- iCultivate --

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Jack, im sure you going to find some killer phenos in all those seeds

Top Bottom