A few shots of my rooms growing in Beds with some new strains WIFI X SOUR D and...

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slumdog80

slumdog80

He said in the ic thread he uses enzymes during flush, I do not if he has changed that though.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Believe word is the remaining roots help as N source for next round. No enzymes needed and using Caps teas helps the metabolic process I'm sure. I quit ripping out all my roots in beds but still have to mix em up because i amend with dry nutes each run.
I'm in Coco and have always used Cannazyme to help break the roots down when they are in Veg. I also use tea with Caps bene's.

I thought root matter was just celluose and didn't have any NPK to speak of.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I'm in Coco and have always used Cannazyme to help break the roots down when they are in Veg. I also use tea with Caps bene's.

I thought root matter was just celluose and didn't have any NPK to speak of.
I haven't used an Enzym In Years and have been on the same coco in beds for over 2 years going on 3 and I leave all the roots except the root ball. The plants love it and its food for the bennies.

grower4life

grower4life

Jack im about to swap all my radiants for the gravitas/epaps, which do you recommend? In your opinion which performs the best, and I run 2 1000 over each 3x6 tray/bed, would I still run 2 per 3x6 tray/bed.

thank you for ur input

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Jack im about to swap all my radiants for the gravitas/epaps, which do you recommend? In your opinion which performs the best, and I run 2 1000 over each 3x6 tray/bed, would I still run 2 per 3x6 tray/bed.

thank you for ur input
1000s over a 3x6????o_O

I

ilaughlast

thank you for ur input
im not jack but i do run normal 1ks over a 3x3 canopy in a space i have. i do more than a few like that lol. im not the best yeilder out there but i have pulled an average as high as 2.1 per on my best run but i can hot 1.5 well. with that said i think if your running 3x3 trays your canopy is likely more lik 7x4 which is a lot closer to the 4x4 that is customary. i know that he and others have said they expand the spacng to 5x5 with no loss in yeild wit hthose double ended 1ks. so thatd be more like running 2 4x8s with four normal 1 ks and dropping to 3 gravitas . seeing as you are squeezed i wouldnt be surprised if you arent over your diminished returns curve on that set up and may look at running one double ended raised a foot higher to increase footprint over that space for the same yeild. just a thought. they run hotter so you gotta run em higher anyway but they punch deeper and efficiently light a bigger space even at that height.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

definitely doable for top notch huge nugs. texas kid has a thread about having 2 600's in a 3x3 (a little more w/sqft than he is saying) and cruishing like 3 fullies outta that small of space
Just sounds inefficient. I run 3Kw over a 4x8 and it's a waste, revamping the rooms now. A buddy of mine covers a 6x6 with one Raptor and hits three per.

grower4life

grower4life

Was I bit tired lastnight when I wrote this, I run 2k over a 3x6 bed, so 1k per 3x3 area, this is the norm fore as I don't like the inconsistency is flower size when running 1k per 4x4, just my opinion.
I have at least 2.5 ft from bottom of hood to top of canopy and plan on running more plants with less veg time equaling smaller plants equaling about 3ft from light to canopy , also removing radians and installing gavitas/epaps will give me an additional 6".

Thank u all for input, part of my question also is gavitas or epaps . They are very close to being the same lights other than the reflector from what I understand.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Was I bit tired lastnight when I wrote this, I run 2k over a 3x6 bed, so 1k per 3x3 area, this is the norm fore as I don't like the inconsistency is flower size when running 1k per 4x4, just my opinion.
I have at least 2.5 ft from bottom of hood to top of canopy and plan on running more plants with less veg time equaling smaller plants equaling about 3ft from light to canopy , also removing radians and installing gavitas/epaps will give me an additional 6".

Thank u all for input, part of my question also is gavitas or epaps . They are very close to being the same lights other than the reflector from what I understand.
Gavita is a better quality light, no question. I'm sure Jack will disagree, he runs E-Paps... I understand your dislike for uneven bud size but if you ran a 4x4 and the additional plants didn't get as large as the ones in middle, it's still MORE product....right?

You're pushing it at 42" of clearance with DE's... If your plants arn't PERFECT in height your going to have to dial it down. These hoods are not meant for a residential grow room.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

Just sounds inefficient. I run 3Kw over a 4x8 and it's a waste, revamping the rooms now. A buddy of mine covers a 6x6 with one Raptor and hits three per.
how is over 110 watts a sq/ft innificient??? lol pulling 3+ out of 1200 watts is NOT innificient. lol. thats over a GPW.

it will depend on what strain you grow too. if you have a chunking to the nodes plant, crunch that shit in a small space and let shit do its thing... if youre running cookies or something of course you could have more space and less light with the same outcome, if not better cause it likes less light.

but that was the most efficient set up i think @Texas Kid did....

but also the efficiency thing.... 3+ coming out of 9 sq ft.... how is that not efficient i cant wrap my head around that lol. you could do that in your car. lol

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

how is over 110 watts a sq/ft innificient??? lol pulling 3+ out of 1200 watts is NOT innificient. lol. thats over a GPW.

it will depend on what strain you grow too. if you have a chunking to the nodes plant, crunch that shit in a small space and let shit do its thing... if youre running cookies or something of course you could have more space and less light with the same outcome, if not better cause it likes less light.

but that was the most efficient set up i think @Texas Kid did....

but also the efficiency thing.... 3+ coming out of 9 sq ft.... how is that not efficient i cant wrap my head around that lol. you could do that in your car. lol
These guys above arn't hitting 3#s per 3x3...So yes, it's inefficient. Wasted light, waste of electricity and waste of money. 1000's are meant to cover a 4x4....that's minimum.

I have read Texas' thread, it's very old and I doubt he runs that setup anymore.

Not saying those numbers arn't doable because I've seen GPW at 27.7 watts sq ft. and at 93.75...

All I'm saying is a 1000 watt covers more then a 3x3 space therefore it's a waste of light.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

@GR33NL3AF and that is where you happen to be wrong, because its not solely about the light footprint, but the penetration is JUST a big of a factor your forgetting. a 3x3 w a 1K can penetrate for good nug FEET below what it would in even a 4x4, or 5x5.. (research the inverse square law if youre not familiar) and is absolutely more efficient. more plants doesnt mean more efficient. its about the end of the day nugs, labor, and quality. work smarter not harder.

as well, comparing anyones grow to 3# a light is crazy. ive done it, other people have done it, they arent doing it every time, to say that is a straight out lie. ive seen consisitent gpw grows, but if you're talking single light and tents and shit, not FULLY optimizing, your feeding these kids birthday presents in their dreams.... once they wake up they'll be pissed as fuck at reality haha.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF and that is where you happen to be wrong, because its not solely about the light footprint, but the penetration is JUST a big of a factor your forgetting. a 3x3 w a 1K can penetrate for good nug FEET below what it would in even a 4x4, or 5x5.. (research the inverse square law if youre not familiar) and is absolutely more efficient. more plants doesnt mean more efficient. its about the end of the day nugs, labor, and quality. work smarter not harder.

as well, comparing anyones grow to 3# a light is crazy. ive done it, other people have done it, they arent doing it every time, to say that is a straight out lie. ive seen consisitent gpw grows, but if you're talking single light and tents and shit, not FULLY optimizing, your feeding these kids birthday presents in their dreams.... once they wake up they'll be pissed as fuck at reality haha.
It's clear we've got different views on efficiency.. Inverse Square law aside. I can't produce any sort of law to back my opinion but simply state what I've learned and witnessed over the past 6 years.

I'm a firm believer in pushing the canopy per 1Kw, especially after witnessing a 6x6 area being successfully AND consistantly (with basic growing knowledge) harvested at GPW. I found hitting the same numbers at 93.75 watts per sq ft. more difficult because of the increased wants and needs of the plant.

As far as penetration goes, I lollipop everything, so anything NOT at the canopy already receiving light is removed. This way I don't need to rely on penetration.

I

ilaughlast

there are some very inexpensive d.e. adjusta wing and magnum style knock offs on the market now. incredibly good deals on a generic version. people are rocking adjustawing conversions with great success. i saw one for about 150 . that was store retail which no regular at a shop pays.im guessing you could snatch em up for 130.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

It's clear we've got different views on efficiency.. Inverse Square law aside. I can't produce any sort of law to back my opinion but simply state what I've learned and witnessed over the past 6 years.

I'm a firm believer in pushing the canopy per 1Kw, especially after witnessing a 6x6 area being successfully AND consistantly (with basic growing knowledge) harvested at GPW. I found hitting the same numbers at 93.75 watts per sq ft. more difficult because of the increased wants and needs of the plant.

As far as penetration goes, I lollipop everything, so anything NOT at the canopy already receiving light is removed. This way I don't need to rely on penetration.
i swear im not gassing the fire.

but with this train of thought why arent you using 1500watters then?

most people just look at the garden like "3x3" or "4x4" which is so wrong. what about depth?
a 3x3 horizontal space with 3' of nug is 27 cubic ft of growth/nug right?
why does everyone neglect the vertical part of your garden? two foot tall plants vs 4 ft tall plants is a hell of a yield difference.

Dunge

Dunge

My interpretation of the inverse square law focuses on the rules.
The law applies to a point source.
The geometry of lamps over plants is exactly NOT a point source.
I'd like for someone who didn't do B- work in physics for biologists 40 years ago to comment if I'm off base here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom