a few thoughts on trimming back canopy

• Thread starter AirHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AirHammer

AirHammer

Sorry I slipped up on flower age, and its too late for an edit.

I called it day 48.

When its actually only day 38. 10 days difference now can make a huge difference like night and day.

R

ritoMox

Sorry I slipped up on flower age, and its too late for an edit.

I called it day 48.

When its actually only day 38. 10 days difference now can make a huge difference like night and day.
✌️
Age Feminization Technique

AirHammer

AirHammer

With the abundance of strains and hybrids out there. And splicing of those. That can and does create instabilities in itself. Or rather bring out what already existed in a strain originally. That just made it more prominent.

IMO its very strain dependent. Then after factoring in about a million outside variables. And less than admirable harvesting habits (such as harvesting at the point of trichome degradation ,

What I won't agree too is that all plants behave similarly.

I accidentally let plants go well past that point, and got them to harvest in November while snow was on the ground and they long stopped growing at all. I don't recall seeing a single seed in those buds. Thats limp proof. Hardly enough to base such a claim off of. But it could of gone either way but didn't.

I'm a science and data kind of guy. To believe that would cause every female to hermie Id need to see proof by some numbers.

Id never have to worry about it anyhow. I like clouds, lots and lots of clouds.

R

ritoMox

Out of curiosity, did you notice any nanners on those over-ripe buds?

AirHammer

AirHammer

Out of curiosity, did you notice any nanners on those over-ripe buds?
As I was mentioning, no not even one. The flowers tasted / looked kind of funky though.

What?... its not like I'm the only one whos silly enough to try it? 😅

R

ritoMox

As I was mentioning, no not even one. The flowers tasted / looked kind of funky though.

What?... its not like I'm the only one whos silly enough to try it? 😅
Where I grew up it got so dry that when we had bud we would save the nasty stems to smoke during those dry times. Funky looking/tasting buds? Shit would have sold for a premium!😆
Edit: You only mentioned seeds, that's why I followed up with the nanners question.
That late into flower, I doubt that nanners would be able to cause seeds. That book above says to use the dried nanners to pollinate other plants for fem seeds.
"After growing your female plants 10-14 days longer and hanging them up to dry, they are carefully taken off the drying lines and inspected for male flowers. Each and every such flower is removed and placed in a small bag and labeled accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the refrigerator for up to 2 months and still remain potent....To use this method, it is necessary to have another crop underway soon after the male flowers are collected. When the new crop is 2½ weeks into flowering, you take your sealed bags of pollen out of the refrigerator and proceed to pollinate your new crop of females". From the book Organic Marijuana, Soma Style, By Soma.

Last edited:
AirHammer

AirHammer

Let a kiss of frost hit it, turns it dark af purple with a tinj of black, -tinj_?. Anyway, the longer its cold the darker it gets.

I forget what all this has to do with late trimming ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom