A Jolly Green Jungle

• Thread starter JollyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Awesome bro, thanks for the info. I was actually checking them hydro huts too... think they are doing a true 10x10x7. Thinking it will just be a mom/veg tent so maybe the height won't be an issue. Really looks solid for space though bro. Im still running old homebox tents for veg and they do the trick, so im sure something nice will be rockin.

Yeah lemme know how ya handle the fan situation!

N

naturalmedicine

Thanks for the comments 2Dogwalker, as stated in the above post I think it's the 9000 Btu, But I'm worried that it's not gonna cut it in the summer time. So I was looking at some commercial portable A/C's, and this was the best one I found for the price .

I also found this 14,000 btu unit This is the one that I'm most likely going to get since it's used for server rooms and light commercial use. Retails around $999, get it on ebay for $639 shipped to your door.[/QUOTE]

What is the difference between a server room portable a/c and a regular portable a/c? Do they cool more effeciently? I have been looking into getting one of these, but everyone seems to say that they will not cool enough.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Thanks for the comments 2Dogwalker, as stated in the above post I think it's the 9000 Btu, But I'm worried that it's not gonna cut it in the summer time. So I was looking at some commercial portable A/C's, and this was the best one I found for the price .

I also found this 14,000 btu unit This is the one that I'm most likely going to get since it's used for server rooms and light commercial use. Retails around $999, get it on ebay for $639 shipped to your door.

What is the difference between a server room portable a/c and a regular portable a/c? Do they cool more effeciently? I have been looking into getting one of these, but everyone seems to say that they will not cool enough.[/QUOTE]

I have read that they have heavy duty compressors and more copper in the lines so they can send more pressure through the unit. I'm just trying to find the best portable a/c with out having to spend the $3,000 on a commercial one. If you find anything better let me know.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Damn dude, my homie told me to check you out! Nice plants, and did you notice you have 666 posts?

E V I L

Jolly
JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Damn dude, my homie told me to check you out! Nice plants, and did you notice you have 666 posts?

E V I L

What's goin on bro! yeah the homie knows his shit when it comes to wiring. How's them Mammoths going? I better post fast to get that number changed, gotta keep that evil mumbo jumbo away from me... Thanks for checkin in

wassup fam? liking the new setup you got there.

Wuz up my brotha? You know I gotta come harder every time. Hope that White Bubba makes it for you.

N

naturalmedicine

What is the difference between a server room portable a/c and a regular portable a/c? Do they cool more effeciently? I have been looking into getting one of these, but everyone seems to say that they will not cool enough.

I have read that they have heavy duty compressors and more copper in the lines so they can send more pressure through the unit. I'm just trying to find the best portable a/c with out having to spend the $3,000 on a commercial one. If you find anything better let me know.[/QUOTE]

If I find a nice one, I'll let you know. I might get the server room A/C if I can come up with the money. I'm going to do some more research before I pull the trigger.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I have read that they have heavy duty compressors and more copper in the lines so they can send more pressure through the unit. I'm just trying to find the best portable a/c with out having to spend the $3,000 on a commercial one. If you find anything better let me know.

If I find a nice one, I'll let you know. I might get the server room A/C if I can come up with the money. I'm going to do some more research before I pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

I've found the EdgeStar portable 1 tons to be the best, most durable and good efficiency for a portable. I got 3 of em! This model particularly works awesome!

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

If I find a nice one, I'll let you know. I might get the server room A/C if I can come up with the money. I'm going to do some more research before I pull the trigger.

I've found the EdgeStar portable 1 tons to be the best, most durable and good efficiency for a portable. I got 3 of em! This model particularly works awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah this was the best one I found and I really looked hard. Does anyone know if these portables can be wired to 240 volt?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice thread Jollygreen. I have to start researching A/C units. My problem is the rooms heat up and then the A/C cools it down but it heats back up and cycles the compressor to frequently and the compressor fails on window A/C units.

Does the portable stay in the room or outside of the room and pump in cold air?

Dephect

Dephect

I believe you attach them to your intake. The portables have tubes to vent in and out so you can attach ducting. Could be wrong though.

This is looking nice. Subscribed.
GL tents are the shit. I am about to get a bigger one.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Yea, the AC exhaust and intake for the exchange are usually 5" plastic flex duct. I attach a 5" to 6" reducer, then add a 6" damper and 6" duct booster fan to the exhaust. Get that heat out of there! And if you need to move that exhaust heat a long distance, I would recommend a better 6" fan.

T

Toaster

Hello,
New to the forum but saw your thread and must say you have some nice looking plants.

I am doing a trial run with the "Basement Mix" as well and so far it has been very easy and no signs of any deficiency. I have them side to side with an aero grow and the aero plants are quite a bit more frosty although they are a couple weeks ahead.

Anyways, just wondering if you are using nutrients and what they are. I tried adding botanicaire to mine a couple times but ended up nute burning them so I have just been using water to finish them off.

Also, I have quite a bit of experience with air conditioners and if you are considering that portable unit you should know that the smell will leak out of the exhaust quite a bit. I know numerous people who have tried one, including myself and ended up going back to a window AC with a hole cut in the tent and built a butt box around the back of the AC to exhaust the air. It works pretty good, but mini-splits are the best way to go IMO. You can find 12k BTU models for 600-800 if you shop around.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Hello,
New to the forum but saw your thread and must say you have some nice looking plants.

I am doing a trial run with the "Basement Mix" as well and so far it has been very easy and no signs of any deficiency. I have them side to side with an aero grow and the aero plants are quite a bit more frosty although they are a couple weeks ahead.

Anyways, just wondering if you are using nutrients and what they are. I tried adding botanicaire to mine a couple times but ended up nute burning them so I have just been using water to finish them off.

Also, I have quite a bit of experience with air conditioners and if you are considering that portable unit you should know that the smell will leak out of the exhaust quite a bit. I know numerous people who have tried one, including myself and ended up going back to a window AC with a hole cut in the tent and built a butt box around the back of the AC to exhaust the air. It works pretty good, but mini-splits are the best way to go IMO. You can find 12k BTU models for 600-800 if you shop around.

Wuz up toaster... yeah I'm using Cutting Edge Solutions, and a few GH additives. CES is the brand they first recommend, and I was lucky enough to have 3 gallons of free samples from them. Good looking out CES!

I know what you mean about the exhaust smell. On most portable A/C's they have a vent on the bottom back of the unit. You must tape this vent so the condenser fan doesn't pull cold smelly air and Co2 from the room in to the condenser exhaust. I taped the whole unit case up, so that it only pulls air from the intake hose outside of the tent. Thanks for checkin in...

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Here's an update on the Jungle at day 35. Some bud shots of the Giesel Kush. White Bubba shots soon to come.

DSCN6094
DSCN6096
DSCN6099
DSCN6104
DSCN6105
DSCN6106
DSCN6113
DSCN6117
JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Nice thread Jollygreen. I have to start researching A/C units. My problem is the rooms heat up and then the A/C cools it down but it heats back up and cycles the compressor to frequently and the compressor fails on window A/C units.

Does the portable stay in the room or outside of the room and pump in cold air?[/QUOTE

Yeah the A/C stay's in the room, remember look for the one's with dual hoses. Thanks for checkin in bro.

justiceman

justiceman

That tent looks awesome! Damn two 4 x 8 trays. Four times the size of my Gl120 lol. Your plants look really healthy. Good to know that the CES works well. Your set up is lookin sweet though man I really like it. Never heard of basement mix. I went on their site and checked em out. Seems like an excellent mix!

Basement mix ingredients: coco fiber, coco chips, lava rock, earthworm castings, (rice hulls, straw, manure, grape pomace, and cocoa hulls) composted chicken manure, fish bone meal, bat and seabird guano, kelp meal, silica, alfalfa meal, humic acid derived from leonardite.

By the way do you hand water all those plants? Or whats your method of feeding?

T

Toaster

Sounds like you have the A/C figured out already. I had a hard time sealing my dual hose and eventually gave up.

Good to know about the nutrients. I am going to pick up some CES and give that a try on the next run as it looks like it is working good for you. Any chance you could share your feeding schedule? Also wondering what size pots you went with? Thanks

Top Bottom