A lil help farmers please!😥

• Thread starter NinoGrows420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

Hey guys so I haven't been checking my ph or ppm and I've just been giving half dosage of the recommended feeding (sensi grow) growing in coco and perlite but my plant new growth is looking yellow 😟 last night i stopped by home depot and got some ph testing strips but they are for the pool😳 and the lowest ph it reads is 6.2 I checked my ph levels and they where off 7.2 (half dosage water) i made a new batch of feed full strength now the ph levels wont read cause it's to low I'm assuming it's ok since that's what the bottle says ph perfect right? I'm I in trouble of getting nute burn cause of the full dosage? How long before I can see some good change in the plants instead of the ugly looking growth ? What do you guys think are they gonna die on me? Can I still save them? I need them to nug can someone help ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !🙏😮😥😭🤯🤬

A lil help farmers please
A lil help farmers please 2
A lil help farmers please 3
A lil help farmers please 4
stonestacker

stonestacker

settle down stop freaking out. They look like they're ready to up pot. put them into whatever pot you were going to use next. More Coco get yourself a pH meter and start feeding at 6.0. I let my feed pH Drift from 5.8 -6.2 100% coco.
They show signs of being either very hungry or the pH is off. In my opinion

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

Thank you how long fo you think before I see some good change?

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Hey guys so I haven't been checking my ph or ppm and I've just been giving half dosage of the recommended feeding (sensi grow) growing in coco and perlite but my plant new growth is looking yellow 😟 last night i stopped by home depot and got some ph testing strips but they are for the pool😳 and the lowest ph it reads is 6.2 I checked my ph levels and they where off 7.2 (half dosage water) i made a new batch of feed full strength now the ph levels wont read cause it's to low I'm assuming it's ok since that's what the bottle says ph perfect right? I'm I in trouble of getting nute burn cause of the full dosage? How long before I can see some good change in the plants instead of the ugly looking growth ? What do you guys think are they gonna die on me? Can I still save them? I need them to nug can someone help ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !🙏😮😥😭🤯🤬
First off a ph pen is invaluable! Also a TDS (total dissolved solids) pen is also invaluable (EC meter is another form).

Get both right away. Stop feeding at full or even half strength! Get Cal-Mag, coco needs it!

You may be locking out nutrients with too low of a ph. All those nutrients are building up on the coco and not available to the plants. This is bad and you start thinking they need food. They do, but only because they can’t absorb the food due to low ph!

Make sure you ph your water to 6.0, as mentioned the swing 5.8-6.2 is good.

test your water after you get your pens. If it’s shitty water get better water. RO water is pure and works wonders! Add your nutes and cal mag. And then ph it to the proper level.

Get a soil ph reader...here’s mine in use
6D134C11 C9B8 4712 B720 C3E4DBDAD90A

Make small adds to your water with nutes 250 ppm and feed about 100 ppm cal mag. Few mL per gallon.

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I forgot to mention I also added cal mag I'm getting a tester today for sure thanks for the advice

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Thank you how long fo you think before I see some good change?
Once you get dialed in on the ph of the nutrient solution going in, the plants will start to react and a noticeable change should take only a day or two.
Here is my recovery water /nutes for plants that got locked out from low ph.
A5574A16 6D0E 46FE A4B0 5393BD64148E

The bottle on the left shows 3 ml of cal mag and 4 ml of tiger bloom (not the best nutes but will work). Ph adjusted and ppm measures before going in. 395 ppm and 6.2 ph this mixture has helped flush my plants and is bringing the ph back in line. Was at 4.8 now at the 5.7 you saw earlier. This is an over night change in ph for my coco.

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

Once you get dialed in on the ph of the nutrient solution going in, the plants will start to react and a noticeable change should take only a day or two.
Here is my recovery water /nutes for plants that got locked out from low ph.
View attachment 888566

The bottle on the left shows 3 ml of cal mag and 4 ml of tiger bloom (not the best nutes but will work). Ph adjusted and ppm measures before going in. 395 ppm and 6.2 ph this mixture has helped flush my plants and is bringing the ph back in line. Was at 4.8 now at the 5.7 you saw earlier. This is an over night change in ph for my coco.
I should mentmy plants are in bloom. Use veg nutes for yours.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I have to agree work everyone and definitely spring for a pH pen and a TDS/EC . I couldn't do it without it. And get a good pH pen form a reputable company. I made the mistake and getting the $15 pH pen from Amazon and I went through two of them within 5 weeks. Now I have a good one and I love it.

the rrock

the rrock

have you ever grown anything before,just let them grow. Ive been growing for almost 50 years with great success and have never used a ph or ppm meter or even checked PH.Why would you think they are gonna die?They dont need fertilizer when they are this little. Learn from your mistakes

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I've grown outdoor in soil and never really had issues until the bugs came and I was over it🤬 this coco is a lil different but I'm hoping that I figure it out and u guys dont get upset at all the questions I'm asking😁

MiHomeGrown

MiHomeGrown

The biggest thing is to do your research on coco and learn the best way to go about it. Don’t just depend on others to tell you what to do. Ask your questions to google (not all advice is good advice) and read both sides of the argument. Make up your mind and do what works for you.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

And I bet you walked 5 miles to school you'll, both ways. Haha. Kidding...

I don't know. I've been growing veggies in soil for a long time and never needed either of those, but coco is a different experience...

Top Bottom