A little advice needed for 2nd grow attemt

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Made a few mistakes on round 1

ffof to start in with miracle grow nutrient enriched perlite added (hot)

used 1 gallon plastic poor draining shallow pots

Had to transplant into 3 gallon airbags.

plants got stunted and tips burnt and only one growing,another is barely growing and other two at stand still

this time I’m in 3 gallon air bags with 75% happy frog and 25% ORGANIC perlite.drainage will be good,more room and less hot soil.I’m hoping happy frog is enough to keep the plant going without touching it for at least four weeks.With the hot soil the small bound pots in the transplant and the LST I think it’s just beat my plants up.....

This is the one plant I have left hopefully it does OK I did some weird LST to it.(came out Wierd) But I have 10 bud sites showing.think it will produce? It’s 31 days old

I’m also thinking of getting this RO thought ration system seems cheaper than most but what water should I be using for my plants I’m really trying to just have a good easy run next time hopefully so I’d like to hear what I should do for water I’ve just been letting tapwater sit out for 24 hours which is running my pH around 7.0 just a few drops of pH down and I’m good so I’m not sure if I need to change my water for the second attempt or just leave it be

A little advice needed for 2nd grow attemt
A little advice needed for 2nd grow attemt 2
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

At this point I just like to produce some birds from this plant any tips to keep her going or maybe steer her in the right direction will be appreciated keep in mind I did transplant into fresh happy frog soil about 14 days ago

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

For an RO unit make sure you go with something that has standard and easy to get filters. I have multiple systems for my aquariums and one for my plants. Personally this is the smallest I would go and my recommendation. You will be glad even for the 25 extra gallons a day. And these filters you can get replacements for almost anywhere.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

For an RO unit make sure you go with something that has standard and easy to get filters. I have multiple systems for my aquariums and one for my plants. Personally this is the smallest I would go and my recommendation. You will be glad even for the 25 extra gallons a day. And these filters you can get replacements for almost anywhere.

Would I have to add anything to the water before giving it to the plants or just give it to them straight out of the RO system?

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Would I have to add anything to the water before giving it to the plants or just give it to them straight out of the RO system?
Depends on your media/soil your using. I am in coco so I have to give cal mag every watering even as a seedling. But I also have to water with nutrients every watering later as well. Do a quick search on this forum I know there are a few good threads about this.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Depends on your media/soil your using. I am in coco so I have to give cal mag every watering even as a seedling. But I also have to water with nutrients every watering later as well. Do a quick search on this forum I know there are a few good threads about this.
happy frog and perlite

Mugwort

Mugwort

At this point I just like to produce some birds from this plant any tips to keep her going or maybe steer her in the right direction will be appreciated keep in mind I did transplant into fresh happy frog soil about 14 days ago
Good...stay away from Miraclegro! If you are using r/o water you’ll have to periodically supplement CalMagPlus 1-2x/week. Your new soil will sustain your plants during veg but I’d still add a veg fertilizer like Fox Farms Big Gro a couple of times/week as per instructions on bottle. You know that growing indoors you decide when to put in flower phase by changing the light period? Right? When you decide to induce budding you will need to switch nutrients to a one meant for the budding phase that is lower in Nitrogen and higher in Phosphate and Potassium. Please excuse if I’m advising you in matters you already know about.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well put.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're hesitant to add nutes, or amendments to your soil?
Mugwart gave you some excellent advice
Are you hesitant because you don't have a ph, and ppm meters, or because you added the MG last time.
I can make this much, much easier for you, if you're willing to give something new a shot?

For now, add amendments that can't harm your plants. I'd start with top dressing worm castings, as well as some veganic nutes. I forgot the brand, but they're plain brown boxes and it will give the N-P-K #'s on the box.

Are you using well water? Believe it, or not, unless you're using well water, tap water will have lots of mico nutes that will help the plants. By the light color of your foliage in the 2st pic, it appears you're plants needs a shot of cal mag/N. A ml of Cal mag should get you nice and green. Notice the veins are a bit darker. Not too bad, but it's not going to get better.
I've been doing this for more years than I care to admit. Anyway, if you want to try something new I can get you through a grow easily, you will have an exceptional yield. You don't need meters. All you need it a bag of coco, GH Micro, GH Bloom, small bottle of Botanicare Cal/mag, and something to measure ml's.
Check out my gallery for reference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom