A little bit of info please

• Thread starter 25hewitt17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

Not a very good ratio when you consider the K content. This is something I would mix with another (high-K) product, like Dyna Pro-Tekt, langbeinite or potassium sulfate. If it were 12-10-12, that would be a reasonable ratio.

It's used more by organic growers who don't worry as much about the NPK ratio. I feed more typical nutrients and like to supplement with things like that. But, I keep an eye on the ratio I'm creating. (I use a spreadsheet for that. I can give that to you if you want it.).

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

Not a very good ratio when you consider the K content. This is something I would mix with another (high-K) product, like Dyna Pro-Tekt, langbeinite or potassium sulfate. If it were 12-10-12, that would be a reasonable ratio.

It's used more by organic growers who don't worry as much about the NPK ratio. I feed more typical nutrients and like to supplement with things like that. But, I keep an eye on the ratio I'm creating. (I use a spreadsheet for that. I can give that to you if you want it.).
Yes I would love it

az2000

az2000

Yes I would love it

The spreadsheet is here. (<<link). The spreadsheet contains no macros, just cell formulas. (It's safe.). Before diving into the spreadsheet, spend some time with the README.pdf. It shows the three ways you'll interact with the spreadsheet (1. add a product; 2. resolve a multi-bottle "lineup" to see what NPK ratio/strength the different bottles create, and 3. create a NPK ratio/strength using other stuff, like this guano product you're looking at.).

Once you understand how to do those three things, it will be a very handy tool. (If you dive straight into the spreadsheet, you probably won't know what to do. The key is the readme file.).

There is a "products" subdirectory which contains various products I've already added. You can download those spreadsheets and copy a product into the "mixer" spreadsheet. (Just right-click on a product's tab at the bottom, and move/copy to the Mixer spreadsheet, which should be open at the time you do this.). The "other products" spreadsheet has some generic things like epsom salt, gypsum, potassium sulfate.

You can unpack some multi-bottle "lineups" and see what NPK ratios they create. I've done that with some GH Flora Series (3-part) and Fox Farms "trio". If you go back one directory, you'll see those in the "feeding schedules" directory. Also my feeding schedule using things like that guano product you're looking at. My schedule would give you some ideas how to put things like this together with other things. You just want a reasonable ratio and strength.

As an example of the ratios you want, 1-1-2 to 3-1-2 in veg. In flower: 1-1-2 to 1-3-2. But, I wouldn't hit that higher P proportion until late flower, more like "booster" ratio. The proportion of K could be higher throughout. If you see my feeding schedule, I do around 2-1-1.8 in veg, and 1-1.5-1.8 in flower. If you unpack some "multi-bottle" schedules, you'll see they do something similar, or more pronounced N & K in veg, and P & K in flower.

If you add any multi-bottle products, and unpack their schedule to see their resulting NPK ratio/strength, you can give me that info and I can add it to what I have.

az2000

az2000

What about this

That could be good. Ratio 2.4-1-1.4. I don't go that high with N in veg (I go a little higher with K). But, some people do higher N & K. Probably feed less if it became too green. (EDIT: I notice it says "feeds up to 3 months." That might be time-release synthetic fertilizer. I wouldn't use that. You can have after-effects you didn't expect.).

What do you feed now? What soil are you using? If I were you, I would just feed a ratio 1-1-1 all the way through, and see how that works. Then you'd have something to compare to if you manipulate the NPK ratio. I don't think it helps that much to vary the ratio (in soil, at least). I think it's just fun to do, see how plants respond, develop a sense for how more of something affects the plant.

Top Bottom