A little help for a new grower, how far am I from harvest.

• Thread starter ShanetheLame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShanetheLame

ShanetheLame

I can see trichones in my buds. And they look milky in color. But my buds don’t look ready for harvest in my opinion. In fact they look rather small. Should I wait maybe another 2 weeks until I start to flush with molasses water? These are the best pics I could get of u have a better angle I should try to take the pic at let me know.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

i cant remember who, but a member here posted this, and i found it useful to use to get the info folks here like

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

2. How old are your plants?

3. How tall are your plants?

4. What size containers are they planted in?

5. What is your soil mix?

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

16. How much experience do you have growing?

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

if they are cloudy feel free to cut. all depends what kind of effect you want. its really all growers choice. amber clear and cloudy have been rumored to show different effects. if you are using actual soil and didnt use salt based feeds i wouldnt flush.
everything the guy posted above is useless and none of that info would provide any info with what your question asked.
picking is all preference. pick according to trichome color you think youd enjoy based on the effects you prefer. with hazes i would go for mostly tan trichomes. everything else i like mostly cloudy but it really all depends on the noted strain effects and what trichome type would help bring out the most potent version of the effect its known for.

ex. if its a bud with a known energetic kick like northerns i would pick in clears and cloudies to achieve that smiley energetic feel good can do effect

but with haze... known for its zooted highs, couchlock, legendary munchies and the "where did the time go" effect... i would pick when tans are majority presented

Last edited:
PiffinOut

PiffinOut

I can see trichones in my buds. And they look milky in color. But my buds don’t look ready for harvest in my opinion. In fact they look rather small. Should I wait maybe another 2 weeks until I start to flush with molasses water? These are the best pics I could get of u have a better angle I should try to take the pic at let me know.
heres a good video for you to watch bud.
at some point with some strains, mainly indicas i believe... it becomes a question of yield vs effect concentration. lettting it go longer can increase yields and number of trichomes which increases the potency. but the trichome color can also change the effects your potency delivers and as you let it go longger you can have a higgher concentration of tan/amber trichomes which you might not want as white trichomes and tan/orange trichomes tend to give different effect distributions.
its an art and a science in itself. theres plenty of other videos up you can check out but hes a good tuber and this video is less than a day old.

I dont grow autos, I want to control the entire thing and I look at weeks. Once I switch to flower I think of 8 weeks first but will go as long as 12 weeks. Some get cut earlier than others.

Top Bottom