A little help for a newbie.

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I've been moving the light up like an inch a day and hopefully they're slowing down because I am definitely running out of room. The manufacturer suggests 14 in from the top at 100% power I'm at 13 in with 75% power (LED Green Sunshine ES 300) so I don't know.

Here's a short video. It was too hard to capture with a photo.

Also, since you're here, is it ok to remove those training wires out do I keep them in till harvest? I put it in the video.

Thanks again. I'm so glad you're all here and so willing to help.

Last edited:
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Damn. Fans a blazing.

I selectively defoliated and removed a bunch of leaves that were covering bud sites today. So they're looking thin. Today is beginning of week 3. From what I've been reading, they'll really start to take shape. Already smells awesome.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You can take those green soft ties off now. The net will support the plant. Adding a second net may not be a bad idea though. She should be just about done stretching but as she ages and the buds get bigger, the branches have a harder time supporting the weight. A second trellis net takes care of that problem.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Sweet! I ordered the 2nd trellis this morning. I'm thinking the right way! Haha!!

Those little burn to nothing?

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Doing the 6 inch squares for the second. If that's not right, I still have a ton of the little one

Enforcer

Enforcer

Enforcer, you see those tips on those two tops? Am I suffering from novice panic?
Haha, novice panic. Relax and enjoy the grow. Sometimes knowing what to do will alleviate some anxiety. If you start to see more uniform tip burn across most of the plant, increase your daily waterings and the burn should stop. In coco/perlite tip burn is most often caused by the coco being too dry. Not necessarily from too much nutes. Don’t worry. It gets easier as you gain experience and dial in your grow.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Doing the 6 inch squares for the second. If that's not right, I still have a ton of the little one

6” is fine for the second one. You’re just trying to keep the branches from falling over. Probably a little big for a first trellis as you’re trying to lay the plant flat. I just find bigger holes harder to work with. I like 4” holes, but that just personal preference.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Man, thank you so much. You've helped me immensely through this entire grow. Like I said before, I hope I can pay it forward.

In other news, I harvested one of my golden cayenne peppers because they're finally starting to ripen and I have gone through one half of a roll of paper towels blowing my nose and water is just pouring out of my eyes. I'm not a novice with poppers but it sure seems like it. That was a bad move.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Man, thank you so much. You've helped me immensely through this entire grow. Like I said before, I hope I can pay it forward.

In other news, I harvested one of my golden cayenne peppers because they're finally starting to ripen and I have gone through one half of a roll of paper towels blowing my nose and water is just pouring out of my eyes. I'm not a novice with poppers but it sure seems like it. That was a bad move.
You’re welcome man, happy to help. I learned a lot here myself. Careful there, sounds like you can grow more than one type of fire!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Yeah, that was unreal. Making hot sauce with those. Definitely not just for nibbling on.

I think you're right about the size of squares for the second trellis. 6in might be too big. I'm off tomorrow and I'm going to try to put another one that's the same size as the first one and I think that's 3.5 in. either way, I'm definitely going to need to put another one on there I think.

Any suggestions of where I should put that? Meaning or how far down from the top should be?

Thanks

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yeah, that was unreal. Making hot sauce with those. Definitely not just for nibbling on.

I think you're right about the size of squares for the second trellis. 6in might be too big. I'm off tomorrow and I'm going to try to put another one that's the same size as the first one and I think that's 3.5 in. either way, I'm definitely going to need to put another one on there I think.

Any suggestions of where I should put that? Meaning or how far down from the top should be?

Thanks

About a foot above the first one should be fine.

M

marijuana4ms

All advise here is spot on. Over feed for the maturation of your plants. Let them establish themselves first, before feeding as you are. "Just my opinion," I've learned by using one-quarter of the recommended amount of nutrients, I still get great results. I haven't read every response so I apologize if I'm repeating anything. Flush your plants with your RO water and let them dry out a little and go from there. Good luck, otherwise I think they look good.

TerriR

TerriR

Day 6 and I'm just blown away how these have come along. I just want to tell anything new that if there's one thing that I can offer is do NOT follow the directions on the back of the bottle, at least if you're using Canna A B. Start with half and see what happens. Hell, I'm still only feeding half strength because I don't want to go through any crap like I did when they started. Seems like it's working on to me.

I'm going to experiment with some Canna Boost (sparingly) in a couple a days and see where that takes me.

I need to do some defoliating this weekend as it's getting really thick and it's a struggle to keep that humidity hovering around 50 as it is and I think that will help with that too.

View attachment 886899
I am using the Canna Bio line for my outdoor crop this year (used it last year too). I believe the Boost is for the last couple weeks of flower so you should check the feed chart on their website.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I agree. I think I jumped up too quickly but now they're under control, and yes, the advice I received was spot on. It's just so much fun that I got ahead of myself.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I am using the Canna Bio line for my outdoor crop this year (used it last year too). I believe the Boost is for the last couple weeks of flower so you should check the feed chart on their website.

Canna reccomnds week 1 to 3 and you can use it the whole way through. However, they're getting about a third of what's recomended. I've read, and discovered, that's the case with pretty much everything and the best thing I can do is read the plant. With the expectation of that one day, they're moving right along!

TerriR

TerriR

Canna reccomnds week 1 to 3 and you can use it the whole way through. However, they're getting about a third of what's recomended. I've read, and discovered, that's the case with pretty much everything and the best thing I can do is read the plant. With the expectation of that one day, they're moving right along!
I hear they like sweet talk in an Australian accent 😂

G

GnarGnar13

Crap!!!

Yesterday, I transplanted the other one following the exact same process as the one I did Thursday. She look awesome when I left for work. I get home, unzip the tent and she was all droopy, sad and looking like total hell. I think this could be for a couple reasons.

1. Now I know I shouldn't do this, but it was fine with the other one. I topped a couple places. Maybe that helped create the problem.
2. I didn't dim the light.
3. Both 1 and 2.

pH was spot-on. Temp was 76 with an Rh of 62.

I dimmed the light to about 40% and turned up the fan ( not directly pointed at her. I was going to water again, but that doesn't seem to make any sense. I would have taken a pic, but it's just too depressing and it was a quick stop at home as I had to be somewhere. So, she's sitting there and hopefully she'll be ok.

Do I quick take some cuttings so I can continue with that strain? The strain I was so excited about. I have another light to get those going while the Blue Fire OG finishes. I'm going to guess y'all are going to say wait, but wondering if that's a good option if it looks worse tomorrow.

Damn, it was going so well after the first hiccup.

I'm thinking it's shock from the transplant and the topping. Stupid! Am I freaking out and she will bounce back?

Enforcer, I need ya. Your advice worked the last time so maybe it will again. Hell, anybody.

Peace
Keep misting her. Give some time adjest.

Top Bottom