• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice bag there. We did a lot with tinctures early on, but we blew right past the edibles. Funny story, I totally don't consume. One time a few years ago my wife is making white widow cookies (we are total noobs) and after a couple hours, nothing happens. She tells me she thinks she screwed something up. So I try one. Again, I haven't smoked a joint since college while this is happening. An hour and a half later nothing, so I tell my wife, "shit, I'm just eating cookies at this point" and grab a few and head to the couch.

I went on such a trip, I was high for a day and a half. What a weekend that was.

With the liver involvement of edibles, we just couldn't find a proper dosage level that was repeatable when you swallow cannabinoids.

Yes, its finniky for sure. I only eat them on an empty stomach, and the lecithin seems to really make them a lot more consistent in terms of effect and duration of onset.

But thats a common problem with edibles and folks that arent used to them. They eat one, dont feel it an hr later and eat more, then they see the devil lol. Ive seen it happen a lot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just the other night my wife at one if the strong cookies. She apparently woke up 3 times with a spoon in here hand from eating yogurt each time panicked that she dropped it in bed then getting another. 3 empty yogurts on the night stand in the morning and spoon in her hand... she had the nerve to give me shit for not labeling them... lmao. I also found 5 baby bell wrappers and a half sleeve of crackers. Lmao I'd say we have alot in common.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not sure what that even means.. lol, I used to send it to a lab in Cobble hill for cannabinoid testing. I dont anymore though since its expensive and always tests pretty near the same level of cannabinoid. the only things that change are what cannabinoids are present and in what percentages theyre present.

I just do it mostly for my own edibles now. I decarb it and capsulate it with MCT and lecithin.View attachment 1075524
This is a really old thread, but I'm curious what you use to make the capsules? Contents look still liquid, trying something similar and making a mess trying to put the 2 halves together.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is a really old thread, but I'm curious what you use to make the capsules? Contents look still liquid, trying something similar and making a mess trying to put the 2 halves together.
They're MCT oil based.
I use a cap filling tray to hold them all upright while I fill and cap to prevent spillage.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Moe.Red I fill right to the top of the capsule no problem, the meniscus usually keeps it from spilling out I find even if I overfill a little. Biggest issue I get with overfilling is the caps don't snap closed sometimes.
This cap filling tray is the bees, hold the empty caps perfectly upright while I fill and cap them.
20210117 000814

Eskander

Eskander

I'm using the wrong tools, thanks for the pic.
I use warm cocoa butter as the base oil and a pipette to dispense. I deliberately underfill so the size 0 get 500Āµl. This also makes the dilution math a bit easier. With cocoa butter, they are solid at room temperature so once they solidify they are spill proof. Most of the people I'm making them for are taking them for sleep issues and just put the pills into their weekly pill organizers.

This tray works well:

The only thing I don't like is that the pipette tips are hydrophobic so the oil coats the inside of the tip and must be dispensed slowly for consistency. Going to try 3ml syringes next since they have decent accuracy at .5ml. If that doesn't work out to at least a 10% tolerance by weight I'll go to a multichannel pipette.

-eskander

S

Spirit

So here is a choppy, crappy, most definitely terrible video of what I was doing tonight while getting schooled on lighting in another thread. If more than @Aqua Man want to see this stuff, I'll do a better job and take you thru the whole process from post harvest to cannabinoid crystals in jars. I've got some thoughts on how to use this stuff too from a purely medicinal standpoint.

Seriously, I'll get someone to hold the camera and actually plan things out if anyone else out there is my kinda crazy.

No hyperlink visible in your post for this vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom