A New Foliar Spray Experiment

• Thread starter Romeleo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Romeleo

Romeleo

We know that a foliar spray of nutrients is good.so I did some studying on what could be used that's organic and beneficial.i came across dragon fruit powder.its known for it's health benefits for humans and I feel it could be used . for my weed plants as well and the key components that might help my plants that are in drsgon fruit powder are

Carotenoids:serve two key roles in plants and algae: they absorb light energy for use in photosynthesis, and they protect chlorophyll from photodamage.

polyphenols: help defend against attack by insects and give plants their colour

betacyanins:
study showed that the antioxidantfrom beets caused death of leukemia cells. And another study suggested beet juice consumption may prevent lung and skin cancers. Improve detoxification. And so dragon fruit,though it's not a beet it does have that antioxidant in it.so I will be putting the dragon fruit powder in carbonated water and use as a foliar spray.ile post some future pics as to how it's coming along.but most of all when it's finally harvested and cured is when the real results will show.any foliar sprays you guys use or know of someone who has used something different?

A new foliar spray experiment
Romeleo

Romeleo

I take that back on the carbonated water.just using distilled with the dragon fruit powder.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Interesting experiment. What are you hoping to achieve? I think you may find though that certain strains will carry the pigment in their genetics and the light can be manipulated in order to make them stand out by using red light. Ill try to attach a pdf on anthocyanin that you may find interesting but it may be too large.
IMG 20180616 132005671

View attachment Anthocyanins.pdf
Top Bottom