A New Way To Mix Rhizotonic...wow

• Thread starter Pimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

A bazillion threads on Cannas Rhizotonic. Everyone has used it. As a root promoter for already young barely rooted cuts...as a foliar (awesome as well) and as a transplant solution they dont skip a beat. The shit is pricey as all get out. So I only use it in early veg..after cuts are rooted and at pot up transplant. Ive used all the root tonics. And its hands down the best. Better than the now shitty weaker reformulated H&G Roots Excel. Better than Rapid Start. Better than BCuzz..Better than Greenfuse..better than all of the others for me. Ive never got such a fast acting tonic. Foliar sprayed...hours later..young plants show extreme phototropism. Just praying leaves. They glow I swear. Within half a day to a day. The shit is that good. Anyways..I tried a little experiment. I went to my cousins house last week. In her backyard is a giant Weeping Willow tree. Branches everywhere. Willow is an excellent root and foliar tonic on its own. Containing natural hormones like auxins and salicylic acid...the stuff thats in pricey tonics like Rhizo and the really expensive Aptus Fasilitor. So I chopped up a half 5 gallon bucket full of 3 to 4 inch branch chunks of fresh green newer willow branches off her tree. I poured clean tap water a little on the warm side over the rest of the bucket as well. I brought it home and let it sit for the last 5 days. Stirring occasionally. I strained out the branch chucks and was left with about 3 gallons of hormone rich tonic. Ive used willow water before and its wonderful on its own right for young plants. But this time I decided to use it as my start water for the Rhizotonic dilution. One gallon of the willow water to one tablespoon (15 ml) of Rhizo. Ph down (it does raise pH) to 5.7 for my already rooted (but not alot) cuts in 4 inch rockwool blocks. Poured just a little. Actually used one of those giant syringes they sell at the hydro store. Couple syringe squirts full for each block. Came back today in the veg room. And my cloning rack is just unreal. I swear they grew a TON of roots overnight. I use a heatmat on a digital thermostat set to 76 degrees as well. You all should really try it. Using a simple willow water mix if you have acess to chunks of fresh willow branches. I would imagine this would work when diluting any of the popular rooting promoters like Roots Excel..Rapid Start..Greenfuse..etc. I can say for a fact it stretches the expensive Rhizo even further and even better than using straight water to mix it alone. Try it. Iam telling you. Try it!!!

Last edited:
Molenium

Molenium

A bazillion threads on Cannas Rhizotonic. Everyone has used it. As a root promoter for already young barely rooted cuts...as a foliar (awesome as well) and as a transplant solution they dont skip a beat. The shit is pricey as all get out. So I only use it in early veg..after cuts are rooted and at pot up transplant. Ive used all the root tonics. And its hands down the best. Better than the now shitty weaker reformulated H&G Roots Excel. Better than Rapid Start. Better than BCuzz..Better than Greenfuse..better than all of the others for me. Ive never got such a fast acting tonic. Foliar sprayed...hours later..young plants show extreme phototropism. Just praying leaves. They glow I swear. Within half a day to a day. The shit is that good. Anyways..I tried a little experiment. I went to my cousins house last week. In her backyard is a giant Weeping Willow tree. Branches everywhere. Willow is an excellent root and foliar tonic on its own. Containing natural hormones like auxins and salicylic acid...the stuff thats in pricey tonics like Rhizo and the really expensive Aptus Fasilitor. So I chopped up a half 5 gallon bucket full of 3 to 4 inch branch chunks of fresh green newer willow branches off her tree. I poured clean tap water a little on the warm side over the rest of the bucket as well. I brought it home and let it sit for the last 5 days. Stirring occasionally. I strained out the branch chucks and was left with about 3 gallons of hormone rich tonic. Ive used willow water before and its wonderful on its own right for young plants. But this time I decided to use it as my start water for the Rhizotonic dilution. One gallon of the willow water to one tablespoon (15 ml) of Rhizo. Ph down (it does raise pH) to 5.7 for my already rooted (but not alot) cuts in 4 inch rockwool blocks. Poured just a little. Actually used one of those giant syringes they sell at the hydro store. Couple syringe squirts full for each block. Came back today in the veg room. And my cloning rack is just unreal. I swear they grew a TON of roots overnight. I use a heatmat on a digital thermostat set to 76 degrees as well. You all should really try it. Using a simple willow water mix if you have acess to chunks of fresh willow branches. I would imagine this would work when diluting any of the popular rooting promoters like Roots Excel..Rapid Start..Greenfuse..etc. I can say for a fact it stretches the expensive Rhizo even further and even better than using straight water to mix it alone. Try it. Iam telling you. Try it!!!
I got a little lost but that's good man glad your enjoying it. I like bio root and some great white put into my medium of choice, peat, perlite, castings per 2 parts g&b or sometimes just kellog potting soil [both sre kellog brand] and add more perlite to compensate for the heavy bark content. Did the ocean forest thing and and aurora blends a few times and it was good but honestly, I like to mix it with ratiosome of said products to get exactly what I like. I only use kelp fish emulsion by kellog with an occasional silica dose. Big bloom and if I have a grow nutes ill use it. Flower is simple. First2-3 weeks they stay on a new regimen of GH bio bloom, Mammoth p, big bloomkellog fish and kelp emulsion and molasses. By week 6 I've cut back close to half strength, flush with water, let the leaves change from green to yellow during the last 2-3 weeks. Works all the time and use minimal nutes. 3rd pull from the plant is always what I keep, they been on the ride the whole time basically

Molenium

Molenium

20171017 214436
20171018 194043
20171007 161646
20171007 161646
20171001 133341

P

Pimples

Basically that whole stoned rambling post is fairly simple. I was high az fuk when i wrote that. But all i was trying to say was instead of using straight gallon of tap water to dilute a tbsp of Rhizotonic..use a gallon of homemade willow water. It makes the tonic even more effective.

brazel

brazel

I agree it works but you can buy a young coconut for 2$ or use aloe vera, kelp meal, alfalfa meal. These are cheaper and better imo

Molenium

Molenium

They like sugar and water....coconuts kinda qualify for having both sugar and water lol. Seeing I'd this only applies to adding into resi only or soil plants too

brazel

brazel

I grow in living organic soil. I pour the coconut water into the soil. I'll dilute it with water. Ants are beneficial they're decomposers but usually where you have ants you have aphids

P

Pimples

I see ants..especailly outdoors..Iam immediately thinking of methods to destroy the aphids thats sure to be along with them. Bank on that.

chemistry

chemistry

I see ants..especailly outdoors..Iam immediately thinking of methods to destroy the aphids thats sure to be along with them. Bank on that.

Where I am, the ants farm the aphids for some sort of sugar the aphids feed to the ants, in return the ants protect the aphids.

P

Pimples

Where I am, the ants farm the aphids for some sort of sugar the aphids feed to the ants, in return the ants protect the aphids.
Yes. The ants herd them and corral them like cowboys driving a cattle herd and basically protect them in groups to eat thier shit. The excrete is high in sweet sticky sugars that they suck from our precious plants. And ants love that shit like a junkie. I had an ant/aphid "ranch" on some scrub weeds outdoors this season. Making sure to plant my crops on the other end of my huge back yard. I took cuts from these plants a few weeks later. Rooted them insidem Then transplanted them to 3 gallon pots of coco outdoors just for the space of a quiet backyard and decided to leave the younglings with a new fresh pot up of fresh coco for a week just to groove on that mid spring long day sunlight. Completely forgot about the little and and aphid ranch/factory on the scrub weeds. Plan was to give them some free sunlight and save a week or two of firing up the main veg t5's and halides inside. Whelp...sure as shit.and they looked really healthy from about 10 days of free grow light (sun) when I decided they were nice and vigourous to bring back in to jam a little longer in my veg room before putting in the flower rooms. Sure as shit I skipped my usual quaratnine/vigilant eye and inspection and soon after i noticed this sticky sheen and little aphids on all the leaves.stems..and leaf petioles. These were normal white and light shade of green normal aphids. Not the dreaded root aphids I heard stories about. Not good but at least not the horror stories of root aphids. Anyways..Ive never in my 25 plus years of indoor and outdoor growing have I had aphids of any sort. And at first ai thought this early infeststion (they move very slow in the early stages) were scale. Nope. A quick microscope check confirmed the little aphids with the so called (tail pipes/exhaust pipes from thier asses. There are many different kinds of aphids out there in the pest world. At any rate. These were still in veg but they were abput to be moved to the flip rooms. My patients and I needes these healtht (despite) 20 short bushy ladies so I didnt fuck around and made up a quick diluted Bayer Fruit and Citrus imidacloprid batch. If the infeststion would of been any severe (it wasn't) I would of pulled out the much stronger Bayer tree and shrub bottle. One good gallon pour of diluted Fruir and Citrus layed waste to these aphid cocksuckers. Within 3 to 5 days..aphids were dead as..fukin dead. I vwggwd a little longer. Paid close attention to confirm eradicated pests. And threw these 20 lovely back to health ladies into flower. Just pulled recently about a pound and a half from each 600 watt Gavita (5 to 6 plants under 3 and a half of the 8 lamps) I put them under. Whew!!! Dodged a bullet with them outdoor aphids. Never again will I do any outdoor transplanting at this location to bring them back inside for flower. Ironically..my big outdoor plants never got touched witb any aphid outbreak or any other pest all season. Fuck a bunch of aphid. Never had em before...and dont plan to ever again. Grow on my fellow farmers.

Top Bottom