A question about hermie-ing!

• Thread starter kushluvr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

If there's a couple mixed in that are starting to hermie, will it make the rest hermie? Or can you finish it out for the fem seeds?

KUSH

E

E.T.

if you don't pull all the nanner's, you risk pollinating the rest of your ladies. herm's will not induce more herming. it will only seed your crop if not caught.

kushluvr

kushluvr

so pullem if they start to seed? dont risk it? all will seed then?

E

E.T.

if you don't get them all, they could open and release pollen that could potentially seed your crop. if you want to be extra careful, remove the herming plants. i am having this issue with some alien bubba's that i'm running....don't want to ax em because it's not worth running my light for 2 plants...i check both my herming plants daily for male organs and pull em when i find em. that way, at least i have some fire to smoke at the end. if you choose to keep em, be very thorough in looking over your plants for nanner's.

S

smokestack23

Well it depends on a lot of things. If it's only one bud showing the odd male flower just keep an eye and pluck the males as they appear. If you miss ont it won't turn ALL your weed into seedy bunk.
If you have a bunch of males popping up all over the place..well..you can never pluck em all.
They can't "cause" other plants to herm, they can only pollinate other plants.

but..why are they hermies in the first place? Stress or just full blown hermies?
AND...Hermies don't produce female seeds all the time. They will produce hermies if they are actual hermaphrodites and if they're "real" females, they'll produce female seeds that'll grow female plants that ALSO herm when stressed.

The real..or "best"? way to make a true female that doesnt herm easily with stress (light, moisture, nutes...) produce male flowers is to use chemicals like some silver compounds.

So..if it's just the odd male flower don't worry about it but you do need to figure out why it's doing that and then probably change strains?

Top Bottom