A ROC'in Smoke Report - Bluhzblu x Romulan

ROC Bluhzblu x Romulan
Smoke Report
February 2014

THC Farmer Smoke Report
(I have added some categories and info I felt had been left out of the THC Farmer template. -Max)

INFO
Tester Name : Max Frost
Grower Name : Max Frost
Strain : Bluhzblu x Romulan
Breeder Name : ROC Seeds
Are Seeds Available?: Yes If so, Where? : THC-Bay
Method Smoked : Glass bowl
Germination Ratio : 80% female

Time in Veg : 6 weeks (estimate)
Time in Flower : 87 days - (This length is atypical for this strain. I'm having some issues ;)). Average 65 - 75 days
Plant Structure : Excellent in veg and flower. At finish, super-tight, super-dense nugs!

Number plants: 1 Yield: 4.8 oz dry
Grow Medium : Soil - my mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, bat guano, magnesium, myco, dolomite lime & lg. chunky perlite. 3-gal Rootmaker pot.
Nutrients : Fox Farm liquids and solubles, guanos & my home-brewed compost teas
Growing Difficulty Level (1 easy - 10 hard) 8 - (I gave it an 8 because it is pretty stretchy in the flip due to it's pure haze genetics. It was also a heavy feeder and switched nute uptake needs during flower. For these reasons it would not be an easy plant for a beginner. I was expecting it to be more nute sensative due to it's Blueberry lineage, but I did not notice this trait in veg or flower. She likes to eat!
Would you grow this strain again? : YES! I have a keeper in the mother room and another in flower now!

APPEARANCE
(insert photo here where possible)

blunugz1.jpg
blunugz2.jpg
blunugz3.jpg

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Blueberry
Associated smells of bud : Spicey/skunky
TASTE

Dominant flavour : Blueberry
Associated flavours : Wood (piney)

The taste of this strain is very hard to put into words...but VERY nice! On the inhale there's a tad of chemical...almost like Jergan's lotion, but it's very faint. While holding the smoke in, I can begin to taste the fruity/berry flavor coming thru. On the exhale tho...oh, on the exhale your mouth just bursts into flavor of subdued blueberries. It's almost like "BooBerry" cereal or blueberry muffins maybe. There is a musky, earthy, woody component too that comes thru secondarily. I also get some grape, skunkiness, chocolate, & tobacco undertones in there as well. All in all, this is a VERY unique flavor! I've never tasted any other smoke quite like this. I'm a true flavor-whore when it comes to MJ, and I really like it. Unique, interesting and definitely an old-school flavor!

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) 6-7 - Heavy, thick smoke but I wouldn't call it harsh. It's smooth, just allot of volume.
- cough factor? : yes/no Yes - Very lung-expanding

The smoke of this strain is somewhat heavy and thick...but not in a bad way. Just really full of flavor. It is very lung expanding. (See related notes in Medical Properties section below).

The smoke was also very "clean" and "pure" in both taste and "texture". This plant was flushed (un-pH'd water only) for over 3 weeks, as she took longer to finish than I expected. When smoked...the buds just evaporate completely and leave behind a tiny white ash.

Ash_B4.jpg
Ash_after.jpg

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body) Head: 60% - Body: 40%
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 8.5*
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 4-6 hours
Creeper? VERY!!!!! Use : Daytime/Bedtime Definitely Bedtime. Very relaxing smoke!
Munchies? : yes/no Yes

* Funny & true story... I suffer from severe back/knee pain. I have Rx pain meds, but sometimes they are not enough and I have to get a few extras to make it thru the month. The dude I get them from likes weed, so I gave him a nug and asked him to text me after he'd smoked it and let me know what he thought of it. He's an experienced, regular user. Well...dude doesn't text me until next day. Said he got SO wasted that he actually threw-up and then had to lay down. Once he came down a bit, he said he loved it, but it got the better of him at the start! LMAO...you've got to really watch & respect those haze and romulan genetics in this baby! She'll open a can of whup-ass on ya in a heartbeat!

The buzz on this strain is mind-numbing potent and VERY creeper! A dangerous combination that you have to respect. I smoke heavily all day every day, and it rocked me a bit too the first time. Now I know to smoke a bit and wait. If you grow this strain...keep this in mind. It's SO frosty and beautiful, and smells so fruity and delicious that the potency can be underestimated...or if you're like me, you're so damn anxious to try it after 3 months of flowering...you just dive-ass in! :eek:

MEDICAL PROPERTIES (This category was not included, but should be in my opinion. I'm adding it on all my smoke reports. -Max)

1. This strain seems to exhibit some bronchodilator influence! I have COPD (yeah...I know...get a vape) and when I smoke these meds, I can go longer before I need to use my inhaler. It also helps my lungs to clear and has decongestant properties. This is a SUPER strain for med users, like me who have COPD (fuckin' cigs!) but don't intend to not medicate.

2. SLEEP!!! Haha---shit will put you out!

3. Pain

4. Nausea

5. Appetite stimulation

-----------------------------------------------------
(Max's Key: X = Primary X = Secondary x = Not a major influence, but noticeable

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia () - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions (x) - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (x) - berry (X) - black/blue/raspberry (X) - citrus () - orange () - lemon () - lime () - apple () - mango (x) - grape (x) - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral (x) - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody (X) - incense () - hardwood (X) - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine (x)
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco (x) - chocolate (x)

MUSKY
earthy (X) - loam () - dirt (x) - musty (x) - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky (X)
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

SUMMARY

I highly recommend this strain to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary! ROC has taken his kickass DJ Short Blueberry line and crossed it to pure haze, then back to the blueberry. It was then crossed with the old-school Federation Romulan. I would have never thought of crossing those strains...but ROC is the talent in this show!! He has got one of the best eye's in the biz! Hell, he's the fucking Match.com of weed!!! Congrats on a SUPER strain ROC. This one is destined to be legendary!

Here are some additional pics of this girl while she was growing. She was really fun to grow and a just enough of a challenge to keep things interesting without being "difficult". If you're looking for something different than the endless Kushes flooding the market today ...here's your gal! This is really connoisseur herb, and something to be appreciated for it's uniqueness, flavor, medical properties and effects. Do yourself a favor and grab some of this while it's available folks! It just doesn't get any better than ROC's always amazing gear! And you can count on several keepers in each pack! Best, -Max

ROC's super-frosty Bluhzblu x Romulan

START.jpg
NEXT.jpg
SR1.jpg
SR2.jpg
SR3.jpg
SR4.jpg
SR5.jpg
SR6.jpg

Last edited:
Shit...I completely forgot to include the "funny" part of this story...

* Funny & true story... I suffer from severe back/knee pain. I have Rx pain meds, but sometimes they are not enough and I have to get a few extras to make it thru the month. The dude I get them from likes weed, so I gave him a nug and asked him to text me after he'd smoked it and let me know what he thought of it. He's an experienced, regular user. Well...dude doesn't text me until next day. Said he got SO wasted that he actually threw-up and then had to lay down. Once he came down a bit, he said he loved it, but it got the better of him at the start! LMAO...you've got to really watch & respect those haze and romulan genetics in this baby! She'll open a can of whup-ass on ya in a heartbeat!

What I forgot to add was that when he texted me he asked...

"are you sure them crystals on that thing was just crystals?" (complete with hillbilly accent & slow southern drawl. You'd have to know him to REALLY appreciate it!)

LMAO! Too funny! Hey ROC...you made a drug dealer puke!!!! haha!

Great report Maxx...reminds me of some I ran a bit back from him...it was labeled Maui BB haze...we still talk bout how it would slap anybody's ass round...good stuff but powerful if overdone...we nick named it "Brain Glue"...it would flat whoop up on that ass... stick ya...Thanks for the J and Reports...B

I love, and am always in need of a good ass whupping my brother.. Fucking stellar report, and results.. Thanks for taking the time and sharing.. Only one issue bro.. I couldn't be there to help with the report.. A seat on the judges table.. snacks, and a cold Snapple tea.. lol.. Awesome show.. From the heart bro.. Best always.. DP

Great report Maxx...reminds me of some I ran a bit back from him...it was labeled Maui BB haze...we still talk bout how it would slap anybody's ass round...good stuff but powerful if overdone...we nick named it "Brain Glue"...it would flat whoop up on that ass... stick ya...Thanks for the J and Reports...B
ahhh, the Brain Glue....wish I had a jar of that shit about right now !! that was a bad assed creation also.

damn fine report Maxx, sounds like another kick ass strain from Roc I'm sure you'll enjoy it greatly. anything Roc breeds will slap yo ass around. thanx for taking the time for such a detailed report. let people know what that shit is all about !

Thanks guys. It was truly a labor of love! ;) Keepz, this plant was from seed. I just took down some clones from her, and they are every bit as awesome! I actually took them to 90 days and they were even frostier! Thanks all! Best, -Max
"I just took down some clones from her, and they are every bit as awesome!"..."even frostier"....what the hell?....so I guess we don't even get a pic peek...a tee tiny pic peek....pretty please...lol...J/K Maxx...that extra time probably gave way to the Haze side...bet she is just that too...kick you up on your toes a bit...nice run...B

"I just took down some clones from her, and they are every bit as awesome!"..."even frostier"....what the hell?....so I guess we don't even get a pic peek...a tee tiny pic peek....pretty please...lol...J/K Maxx...that extra time probably gave way to the Haze side...bet she is just that too...kick you up on your toes a bit...nice run...B
Haha...sorry bro! I didn't snap any pics of them. I was in a rush to get them hung and the new flipz moved in! The good news is that I've got a nice bluhzblu x rom bush flowering out this run! I'm going to go even longer on it. The longer she go, the better I like! ;) Thanks for dropping in! Best, -Max

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1