A suggestion...

• Thread starter Kitsune Nyx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Could it be arranged that a glossary of terms be posted? ...
(for those of us who are just beginning to learn ALL the busy terminology involved with growing, handling & breeding these delightful plants)

The sheer volume of info here is hard to translate without a little help.
(that's actually a compliment) Perhaps the inner brain-trust could work on this.
So, maybe? Please?
Pretty please?

*Wanders off to find a cherry*
:cat:

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Yeah, I'll just ring you up at 430am, when I can't sleep & find myself browsing...
*KIDDING*
LOL!
...lol, don't worry, there will always be someone of us who will be up.

btw, if you are at the very bottom of this learning curve then i'd suggest you concentrate for now on nailing down the basics, breeding is something that will happen in it's time as you climb the learning curve, i think i'd been growing for almost 5 years before i made my first 'on purpose' seeds, lol.

...keep in mind too that this isn't a new hobby so if there does come a time when you can't get a ready answer you'd be surprised how fruitful a search throught the 'stacks' of the older threads would be, there you are likely to find not just the answer you went looking for, you will almost certainly also find answers to questions you hadn't thought to ask yet. ...the more proactive you become in your hunt for information the faster you will grow, as a grower.

good luck and have fun, bozo

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

...lol, don't worry, there will always be someone of us who will be up.

btw, if you are at the very bottom of this learning curve then i'd suggest you concentrate for now on nailing down the basics, breeding is something that will happen in it's time as you climb the learning curve, i think i'd been growing for almost 5 years before i made my first 'on purpose' seeds, lol.

...keep in mind too that this isn't a new hobby so if there does come a time when you can't get a ready answer you'd be surprised how fruitful a search throught the 'stacks' of the older threads would be, there you are likely to find not just the answer you went looking for, you will almost certainly also find answers to questions you hadn't thought to ask yet. ...the more proactive you become in your hunt for information the faster you will grow, as a grower.

good luck and have fun, bozo
Appreciated!

Coming from an organic urban gardener kinda of direction, I've got most basics down. Need to learn more about the finishing steps for non-smoke product(boy howdee, I read A LOT last night), improving my tweaks for better blooming, and all those acronyms.
*bloody hell*
I think I'd be much further along if I wasn't googling the terms so often. LOL!

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Appreciated!

Coming from an organic urban gardener kinda of direction, I've got most basics down. Need to learn more about the finishing steps for non-smoke product(boy howdee, I read A LOT last night), improving my tweaks for better blooming, and all those acronyms.
*bloody hell*
...lol, yeah, i can dig it, maybe this will help.

...well, i guess i will be unable to post up a link but if you do a simple Google, in my case a DuckDuckGo search for 'cannabis glossary' you will find several and some should even be helpful, lol.

and try to stay easy, don't push too hard or it becomes work, which btw is a 4 letter word so remember to keep it fun.

...i'm afraid it's already too late to warn you that growing mj is HIGHLY addictive.

peace, bozo

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Oh & BINGO~ that's exactly what I needed!! You get the BIG green cookie of the day!
Thank you!!!

and try to stay easy, don't push too hard or it becomes work, which btw is a 4 letter word so remember to keep it fun.

What is this "WORK" you speak of?
*big wink*

...i'm afraid it's already too late to warn you that growing mj is HIGHLY addictive.

peace, bozo
You know, I think I can live with that.
*snicker*

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Appreciated!

*bloody hell*
Since you're organic and online, look up A Girl and a Garden, and if you're really of a mind, get a subscription to Acres, USA. I've learned more there about organic cultivation than anywhere else.

Logic also put this up: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/growers-dictionary.294/

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Since you're organic and online, look up A Girl and a Garden, and if you're really of a mind, get a subscription to Acres, USA. I've learned more there about organic cultivation than anywhere else.

Logic also put this up: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/growers-dictionary.294/
...lol, that thread might be another for you to wear in your sig along with the charts, ...i thought i'd suggest that you spend a lot of time helping new people so a link like that would be helpful in your sig and then i realized that that is my focus as well, lol.

peace, bozo

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Lol...
Yes, I know A Girl & A Garden. Small world.

And thank you!
I was having trouble finding just such link!
I know there had to be something around here... but from a noob pov, even through searches, it's difficult to know where it is.

Might I suggest some sort of sticky on the proverbial welcome/noob page?

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

I promise, I'll find my way around this hall of wisdom...
eventually.
:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There was a HUGE change-over of stuff when the site admin changed software platforms. Some threads and information were lost, other things were rearranged. It took me a while just to learn how to use the site as a regular user, and I'm still learning my way around as a mod. Good ideas, so I'll add those links to that page. :)

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I promise, I'll find my way around this hall of wisdom...
eventually.
:)
sadly, this isn't you Kit, the search function on this site leaves MUCH to be desired so don't be shy about asking stuff if you can't find it yourself, ...many of us are here paying it forward, as it were, so we come here to answer questions and help new people learn to be free.

...sometimes that means pushing people to go hunting for answers but in this house, because it is so hard to find things, you should feel free to ask any question that comes to mind.

...there is good and bad wherever you go and on this site searching is the 'bad' but it is far outweighed by the good.

peace, bozo

Top Bottom