A Very simple way of keeping space warm

• Thread starter 7EscapeSerpentMountain7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

First surround the tent with hippy sheets , use one of your air flaps half open keep the rest closed , with the one air flap slewed accept from the top part , place your oil rad next to that and or an optional humidifier, with this arrangement there is no need to place things inside the tent ; since the intake you created is drawing it in... and also since the top part is covered no light can burst out or enter it , just air

Bobs your bloody uncle mate , remains around 25-27/28 max
If room is limited for me it’s a 90x90 , then this works very well..... you can cover the top fins choose a fin for a certain amount of heat for the intake to draw - it can’t over heat with it slightly covered from the top since the intake is constantly drawing in its heated air....

A very simple way of keeping space warm
A very simple way of keeping space warm 2
A very simple way of keeping space warm 3
A very simple way of keeping space warm 4
Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

And yes you’ll need something to keep the flap from pulling in - a peg will do like the pic demonstrates.. the pocket you create from the vent (with the others closed) allows the air to be drawn in nicely.... plenty of N pressure

it can actually remain set up this way summer aswell just without the rad of course ,

hope this simple bodge job helps idiots like myself keep their space warm through winter , there is absolutely no need to put things in the tent with this arrangement ie saving you space as well.... it’s just gets too hot as well placing a rad in there thermo controlled or not .... seems to work (after messing around) a lot better this way , more room , more control - most importantly healthily green plants with no purple stems in sight....and for this set up without it it’s about 23c... only have a 300w led you see , but at night it also keeps the temps balanced

you will notice I have a main rad in the room , trouble is it gets too hot for me too sleep and not only that the thermo switches it on and off a lot so I turned that rad off by it’s nozzle... my windows are slightly drafty so it made more sense to use a mini rad heater (bought from one stop) that stays on at night and half on during the day , works like a charm

cheers !

Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Tent is DR90 btw , but most of the tents have the air vents there ; and the lighthouse rad happens to be level in height with the intake flap...

handy asf

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

I should of renamed the title why do people put rads and humidifiers inside the tent when why not use one of the side air vents to draw the source in from outside saving one space

that the point of this I guess

cheers

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Accept it isn’t a blanket , it’s a thin sheet and it doesn’t cover it , it sits at the top and the air pulls it through.... doesn’t over heat like that otherwise me too I’d be super para but it works / I’d be more para keeping shit like that INSIDE my tent 2bh

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

I mention the word idiot sure , but I’m not 2bh.... it’s more idiotic putting oil rads inside a tent

where it’s sitting now it doesn’t get hot enough to cause a fire , your an idiot to think that and an insult actually to assume I’m that idiotic to leave it if I thought it wasn’t safe !
How does it heat up when the Intake it’s constantly drawing fresh air in through the fins - and even then it isn’t covering it enough to cause some fire doesn’t get hot enough for a start , the top fins don’t get as hot as the Center , which obviously you wouldn’t want to cover it completely, you shouldn’t cover them I’m well aware , but if you open your little eyes you’ll see that it’s far from covered.

Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

How much the top part lightly covered depends on how cold it is , it gets barley covered though most of the time...

but if someone can provide what will cause the fire il be sure to change some things / so go for it explain

E4949B4A F95C 48D1 A2F3 3E466D3EE828
Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Baffled how you think it’s a fire waiting to happen without an explanation

But fair enough - see how that is a lot safer than putting inside.... the logic is the air flow of the intake constantly pulls the air through the fins constantly drawing it in , so how does it over heat even if it could , please do explain
I would see what you mean if it was actually a blanket covering the entire rad ! Erm but it actually isn’t ! - any idea how thick blankets are compared to those thin tapestry sheets ?? Does that even look like a blanket ? I said sheets from the get go , but most of all it isn’t actually covered open eyes and stop manifesting shit that ain’t even there , I wouldn’t dream of covering it with a blanket..

Last edited:
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Did not mean a thing.Im paranoid by nature.My luck usually sucks if i leave anything to chance.Its actually kinda cool idea.You will notice that i liked the post.

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Fair doos ; but trust me I’m super careful , paranoid isn’t actually a bad thing if it’s balanced , I’m just more paranoid leaving the rad and humidifier inside the tent 2bh.... the humidifier actually cools some of it down its well away from electrics , and I never blast it either ; the rad is set to half during the day with thermostat, the humidifier goes off when the lights do , and the heater goes to full sometimes with thermostat depending how cold - (U.K. set for a snow blast from Sunday through to Tuesday -1).... but yeah it doesn’t heat up as much as you think since it’s not really covering it , the top is just sitting on it and the intake is consistently pulling and drawing the air through the vent...

I wouldn’t endorse a fire hazard you lot if I thought it was one... it’s a set up to save space and keep your plants happy and warm... sure it looks messy but it is controlled that’s the main thing

Last edited:
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ive got a roll of super thin sheet aluminum.You probably get where im going with this.Why i said i liked the idea.Already drawing it on paper.Got an idea last night about what to do with this shit load of 8 inch pvc pipe and fittings ive got left over from a job site too.This is one of the best web sites for intel and inspiration ive ever been on.

Last edited:
CFC7143

CFC7143

You have a thin sheet on a heater.... that’s a fire waiting to happen. You may think that it can’t get hot enough to catch anything on fire but heaters can malfunction quite easily and shoot up in temp and set thin stuff like that on fire it actually is a daily common thing that happens

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Well it’s there to be rearrange and evolved , doesn’t have to be followed to a T if one don’t like the idea of it..
For me space limited , i wouldn’t like the idea of the rad close to the plants , dry them out , in my size tent , so I didn’t have a choice 2bh...

Side note tho
that’s why the rad is vertical to the tent and not horizontal, otherwise yeah it wouldbe completely covered from the top and I didn’t like the idea of that , so kept it vertical..
I shoulda explained it better 2bh...

Top Bottom