A week away from harvest?

• Thread starter Jakeallenmissed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

Second grow ever, I think I'm getting used to the timing. This to me looks about a week away from harvest, still waiting for those slightly yellow trichomes to start. Only reason I can think of to pull earlier is because of a decent amount of sugar leaves yellowing at the top

What do you think?

A week away from harvest
A week away from harvest 2
A week away from harvest 3
A week away from harvest 4
Ponky

Ponky

The bud at the top. In the top image there in the middle is a dark leaf tip. Poke around in that area when you get a chance . See if it's soft or there is gray or brown of fuzz there. To be safe.

Ponky

Ponky

I'm confused, what am I looking for exactly?
If it's soft. Or has a tan, gray, brown or dark color. Or a fuzziness inside the center of that bud. Look right where that brown leaf goes into the bud. If there a problem there you want to catch it immediately. Often times when my plants have a ton of big juicy buds the biggest ones have a little brown or yellow leaf. And I poke around and bam. Bud rot. If you get it early you save most of the buds. If you let it go it can consume the whole plant.

Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

If it's soft. Or has a tan, gray, brown or dark color. Or a fuzziness inside the center of that bud. Look right where that brown leaf goes into the bud. If there a problem there you want to catch it immediately. Often times when my plants have a ton of big juicy buds the biggest ones have a little brown or yellow leaf. And I poke around and bam. Bud rot. If you get it early you save most of the buds. If you let it go it can consume the whole plant.
I have looked at it closely and I do not believe it is rot though I'm very glad you brought it up because I wasn't aware of bud rot and now I know to look out for it (I researched more on it so I have a better idea of what it looks like) Considering the dying leaves I'm thinking the safe bet is to cut it

Ponky

Ponky

I have looked at it closely and I do not believe it is rot though I'm very glad you brought it up because I wasn't aware of bud rot and now I know to look out for it (I researched more on it so I have a better idea of what it looks like) Considering the dying leaves I'm thinking the safe bet is to cut it
Phew. Good news. Trim in 4 to 7 days at the latest. But yeah you could drop it now. Take no risks. It's ready to cure. Daily inspection otherwise. And success. Nice when you get good big dense buds and no fungus. That's a homerun. Hopefully its a strain you like. Good work.

Top Bottom